quick range session. Only brought a 7i with me. I have been trying to use a weaker grip. It is really making me swing different, not bad, but different.

I promise that the driving range isn't this slanted. I just didn't level the camera, like a n00b!

I don't get it, how you shoot your scores with your action. That is the swing of a low singles handicap. I want to play 18 holes with you, my guess is you make some bad choices and don't push when you should.

I don't get it, how you shoot your scores with your action. That is the swing of a low singles handicap. I want to play 18 holes with you, my guess is you make some bad choices and don't push when you should.
Stop me if you've heard this before, short game.

ca4b8b2f872ff56341a909ce5b59db4e.jpg

9749225b90b957edd16f42157a99c5b8.jpg

e3973769fbaaa70cce4b0783e9991b78.jpg

That's my boy Blu!!

I went to the range. The club just did not feel right in my hands. As I look at it, my grip may have been a hair strong. Man, I do not hit into a firm left leg at all.

And because .gifs are fun

mlrdV4.gif

mGNlg0.gif

Jealous of how long you can keep those arms straight

Cover that ball with the club face. You are holding on for fear of the left side and it just won't be there. You have to trust that you left hip released and you can free wheel through the ball. I have been playing a full release cut and it is going a long way with my driver.
I went to the range. The club just did not feel right in my hands. As I look at it, my grip may have been a hair strong. Man, I do not hit into a firm left leg at all.

Damn weak grip. I subconsciously revert back to a stronger grip. Closed the danged club-face. But, I did work on a good full release. Which is nice.

[video=youtube;-4k_57hPZnk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4k_57hPZnk[/video]

stupid soft left leg...

love what your right arm does. nice and soft and just hanging on for the ride!

I don't see a soft leg as much I see a lead hip that doesn't get far enough over your front foot until well after impact. but it's obviously working great for you, so your instructor is doing a fantastic job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lookin good Blu!

More range balls at lunch.

7-Iron

It looks like my setup is a touch closed. That ball went exactly where I was aiming. So, I have that going for me, which is nice.

Driver Face-on

Driver DTL

The driver is exiting low left. I haven't lost a tee shot to the left in a long time. I feel good about that. I need to work more on my short game. I am giving up strokes around the green. Some more sessions with a shag bag and my wedges are in order.

Maybe one day you'll wear some shorts to show off those tree trunks for legs you have from all those squats. There is some serious power in that swing. Looking good.

Had a lesson today. This is where I'm at

Driver:

Driver Slow

6-iron

6-iron Slow

Last edited:
i hate to admit this, but i like Tom better than Tim for lessons... There's been a few things that needed to be "undone" in my setup that have made golfing so much easier these last couple weeks. Its unbelievable the difference.

i hate to admit this, but i like Tom better than Tim for lessons... There's been a few things that needed to be "undone" in my setup that have made golfing so much easier these last couple weeks. Its unbelievable the difference.
I've found the same. I also like that Tom as a plan. He doesn't try to fix everything in one lesson.

I've found the same. I also like that Tom as a plan. He doesn't try to fix everything in one lesson.
First time i met him, he spent 15 minutes with me working on grip things, and then said "that's all i want you to focus on, because that will make all the difference"... Then let me hit balls for the next 30 minutes just trying to get that ingrained in my head... it worked.. Next time we worked on stance... I really like focusing on one thing at a time as its so much easier to grasp. Previously, i'd leave a lesson trying to remember 4 different things, and find myself doing 3 of the 4 and forgetting the last one.. my scores the first half of this year showed that too.

I've really been trying to not let the club get behind me. It is a constant battle to not get stuck on the way back and down. Am I succeeding in that endeavor?

[video=youtube;Qn6qPH-zrvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn6qPH-zrvc[/video]

Sorry if you've addressed this before (long thread), but this dip move of yours caught my eye. It appears in all your swings that I looked at.

6X3X7Wv.jpg

This was the first, and probably last, swing sequence I've ever made, so my apologies for any oafishness in its execution.

Sorry if you've addressed this before (long thread), but this dip move of yours caught my eye. It appears in all your swings that I looked at.

6X3X7Wv.jpg

This was the first, and probably last, swing sequence I've ever made, so my apologies for any oafishness in its execution.
Yup. I work on it. Too much something. I find that when I swing long, that soft left side happens.

Fwiw, from this week:

33b8a105f92e39439ccddf9af921573e.jpg

a3224afdc601ed1aaadc15b066209ff4.jpg

cdd4772e2129db90881e665653324e3f.jpg

94c336d13ac5eaa457bc7f106c7e697d.jpg

8b9e8da0023ac6c2705f300855542206.jpg

f73da4a0079bab827ed9443e0ed94af9.jpg

e3222294030eb82da66a8e953c797c52.jpg

Soft left side?!? To an outside observer, it's your collapsing right side that's more of a concern. It almost looks like your right knee gave out (switch to high bar, bro, before it's too late). It may very well be caused by something going on in the left side and your response adds to that possibility. You're a single digit, so your swing evolution has probably taken a lot of nuanced twists and turns. it would be hard to look at any one swing thought as a cause as it's likely an integration of a number of good thoughts that don't all exactly go well together. Also, with single digit results, it's harder to justify giving up adherence to a favorite orthodoxy. I'd be curious to see your line drive baseball swing and your throwing motion.

Soft left side?!? To an outside observer, it's your collapsing right side that's more of a concern. It almost looks like your right knee gave out (switch to high bar, bro, before it's too late). It may very well be caused by something going on in the left side and your response adds to that possibility. You're a single digit, so your swing evolution has probably taken a lot of nuanced twists and turns. it would be hard to look at any one swing thought as a cause as it's likely an integration of a number of good thoughts that don't all exactly go well together. Also, with single digit results, it's harder to justify giving up adherence to a favorite orthodoxy. I'd be curious to see your line drive baseball swing and your throwing motion.
I can turn my right foot 180° clockwise without bending my knee . It isn't a good thing for the swing. It doesn't hurt me, but it is goofy.

And no, low bar. I prefer efficient lifts ;). If anything, I need more front
Video to come later, but this position blows my mind. My hips are fully released and facing the target. My right knee is kicked in and pointing at the ball. But my right foot is planted.

11c5b5adf07e6013aa00daf1deb438df.jpg

Last edited:
Back