Looking for advice on playing golf with one of my buddies

Myself and another guy in my normal group do not care for the other, so we don't play together. We usually have 2-3 tee times every weekend and decide which group to play in based on the other. The rest of the group knows the dynamic and is cool with it. He and I got to this point by clearing the air and deciding, like adults, that playing golf with the other just isn't fun.

Long story short, let him know you don't appreciate it and would like it to stop. If he can't understand then move on to another group and be done with it.

I'd have to find some new playing partners, that's no fun for anyone.

Thanks for all of the input. I was able to read several of the responses before I met my buddy to play another nine late this afternoon. It's almost as if he had read this post before playing. He brought up the situation, probably because of our last round. Had a good direct talk. Hopefully this made an impact.

Thanks again.
Sounds like it worked itself out. Interesting that he was the one that brought it up. Glad to see that. And I hope you both had an enjoyable round.

Sounds like it worked itself out. Interesting that he was the one that brought it up. Glad to see that. And I hope you both had an enjoyable round.

I was going to ask, is he a THPer and the OP didn't realize it? How funny would THAT have been!

That is good as long as it lasts. I went thru this last summer, and I just told him when you can stop having the tantrums and act like an adult call me and I will play with you again. It was about a month before he decided it wasn't worth it and we began to play again. It has already come up this year and I told him the same thing again. I won't do it, golf is supposed to be fun and relaxing. I hope for your sake that he settles down and you can enjoy the game together.
Thanks for all of the input. I was able to read several of the responses before I met my buddy to play another nine late this afternoon. It's almost as if he had read this post before playing. He brought up the situation, probably because of our last round. Had a good direct talk. Hopefully this made an impact.

Thanks again.

Thanks again.

Maybe ad this to your first post so guys wanting to help but not reading to the end of the thread can save some time. Looks like that's already happened a few times since your better news this afternoon.

I would deal with the issue straight forward in a tactful manner. I would still find others to golf with.

I was going to ask, is he a THPer and the OP didn't realize it? How funny would THAT have been!
That works too. What ever it was that made him realize what he was doing, it's all good. Now he can be a good playing partner for TexasVine and others.

Back