After impact extension

Lazargaz

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys and gals, just signed in for the first time. Need a little help here, please. I am currently a 5 handicap and have a issue with a after impact extension that i noticed in some videos that i made of my swing. I tried some tips from online instructors ( releasing of the right arm after impact, mostly), but still there is a lot to work on for my shots to be the way i want them. If anybody has any tip or drill that helped them regarding this issue , please help!
Thank you!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome. Maybe one of the mods will move your question to the swing tips forum for you. You'll get some great advice in there.

Hey guys and gals, just signed in for the first time. Need a little help here, please. I am currently a 5 handicap and have a issue with a after impact extension that i noticed in some videos that i made of my swing. I tried some tips from online instructors ( releasing of the right arm after impact, mostly), but still there is a lot to work on for my shots to be the way i want them. If anybody has any tip or drill that helped them regarding this issue , please help!
Thank you!

First off...Welcome to THP.

Second...Is your swing after impact having a negative effect on your ball flight? Meaning, if everything from takeaway, transition to downswing, and impact on the ball is what you want, then why worry about extension after impact? If everything to that point is fine, and seeing you're a 5 cap, why worry about how your extension is or looks after the fact?

Thank you for the worm welcome. Well as all of us i want to play as best as i can, and lately i was focusing on my distance for all of my clubs. I noticed that my shots with a same clubs can vary in some cases up to 10-15 yards. With a closer look i saw that arm bent after impact and started watching the PGA players after impact with their arms fully extended towards the target about waist high after impact. Naturaly , now i want this. ( Like a baby that sees a new toy). In my head now its connected to consistancy and power of my shots. My arm can bend yey much on this shot and diferent bend angle on next one, so if they are fully extend every time the shots will be more consistent.

Thank you for the worm welcome. Well as all of us i want to play as best as i can, and lately i was focusing on my distance for all of my clubs. I noticed that my shots with a same clubs can vary in some cases up to 10-15 yards. With a closer look i saw that arm bent after impact and started watching the PGA players after impact with their arms fully extended towards the target about waist high after impact. Naturaly , now i want this. ( Like a baby that sees a new toy). In my head now its connected to consistancy and power of my shots. My arm can bend yey much on this shot and diferent bend angle on next one, so if they are fully extend every time the shots will be more consistent.

If your shots vary that much in distance, there is much larger issue than extension. My guess is that you have very little lower body and too much upper body to get those extreme distance discrepancies.

Back