Why no Tour Edge Exotics love?

Wilson Staffer

Reaction score
Handicap
Is it the price, the name or something else? Everywhere else I look online has nothing but rave reviews....especially for their xcg line of irons and FW's. I really dig those newer E8 irons with the spendy Recoil shafts. I'm really pondering on getting a set but why has there been no reviews or anyone rocking their gear?

For the VAST majority. Price point.

However, THP always reviews their new releases, and performance is there, but starting MSRP drives many away.

For the VAST majority. Price point.

However, THP always reviews their new releases, and performance is there, but starting MSRP drives many away.
OK Jman you're a staff writer nice....but have you ever swung and felt what puring a TEE E8 7 iron piped high and straight felt like?

For me there's just little to zero opportunity to even swing a Tour Edge in a hitting bay, let alone a proper demo or fitting.

I liked my old XCG6 driver, but never loved it.

For me there's just little to zero opportunity to even swing a Tour Edge in a hitting bay, let alone a proper demo or fitting.

I liked my old XCG6 driver, but never loved it.
Side by side with your D200 which club had more "POP"?

Side by side with your D200 which club had more "POP"?
I never hit them side by side and its not really a fair comparison because the XCG6 just wasnt a good fit for me. Too low spinning for a de-lofter like myself.

I do remember the XCG6 having better ball speeds than my old 910d2.

You'll never see a lot of things gain popularity that can't be demoed or found in major retailers. I've never once seen a TEE product in person, and always thought it was a cheap knock offs brand before joining THP. I also find none of their stuff appealing and it's all visually off putting (to put it nicely).

I never hit them side by side and its not really a fair comparison because the XCG6 just wasnt a good fit for me. Too low spinning for a de-lofter like myself.

I do remember the XCG6 having better ball speeds than my old 910d2.
No offence to Wilson I've heard a lot of good things about their latest releases but let's face it...they're not really known for premium clubs more of a mass produced box set or just off the rack one size fits all. Tour Edge Exotics is a small American company that I've heard nothing but amazing things about. Even tour pros game their stuff even if they don't advertise it on their bags and clothing. I do wish TEE would become more availabe though you're right about that.

You'll never see a lot of things gain popularity that can't be demoed or found in major retailers. I've never once seen a TEE product in person, and always thought it was a cheap knock offs brand before joining THP. I also find none of their stuff appealing and it's all visually off putting (to put it nicely).
I'm just the opposit I find their Exotics line excellent to the eye.

The golf USA by me carries exotics, and I've had several opportunities to demo the clubs. For me the fairways are second to none. (I have gamed the xcg 3, cb4 and xcg6 respectively). That said, for whatever reason I have found their drivers to be slightly lacking. I'm unsure if it's the lack of shafts that fit in my local store, but I simply cannot get it to perform like others on the market. (Specifically the xcg7 and 8) This is coming from someone who likes the company and is willing to give them a shot. I imagine there are many who brush them off due to brand name recognition.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No offence to Wilson I've heard a lot of good things about their latest releases but let's face it...they're not really known for premium clubs more of a mass produced box set or just off the rack one size fits all. Tour Edge Exotics is a small American company that I've heard nothing but amazing things about. Even tour pros game their stuff even if they don't advertise it on their bags and clothing. I do wish TEE would become more availabe though you're right about that.
Wilson Staff is a great company that makes PREMIUM products. I'd put my C100s and FG Tour V4s up against any iron on the market in their category with confidence.
They are certainly a company on the rebound and the further they can distance themselves from the "Walmart Wilson" stigma the better.

I like Tour Edge quite a bit, but hard to buy when they just aren't on the shelves anywhere. I dont think anyone disputes the fact that TEE makes great equipment.

go to local retailers if you have one.

"I also find none of their stuff appealing and it's all visually off putting (to put it nicely)" - what does that even mean? most of their clubs have a matte black crown with a simple alignment icon.

bottom line - they make great stuff, stand behind it with lifetime warranties, they perform, they don't pay tour guys to play their stuff but they show up on tour anyway.

I'm one of those weird guys who wants the entire club to look good, not just at address haha. It shouldn't matter, but the bottom of the club still matters visually to me and I find all of their designs unattractive and cheap looking. Im sure it all performs wonderfully, but so do a lot of other things that also look much, much better to me. I'm a head case when it comes to what I'll play, but I accept that haha

I'm one of those weird guys who wants the entire club to look good, not just at address haha. It shouldn't matter, but the bottom of the club still matters visually to me and I find all of their designs unattractive and cheap looking. Im sure it all performs wonderfully, but so do a lot of other things that also look much, much better to me. I'm a head case when it comes to what I'll play, but I accept that haha
It's true... they put some ugly badges on the back of their irons....there is a difference between visible tech and a fugly badge

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wilson Staff is a great company that makes PREMIUM products. I'd put my C100s and FG Tour V4s up against any iron on the market in their category with confidence.
They are certainly a company on the rebound and the further they can distance themselves from the "Walmart Wilson" stigma the better.

I like Tour Edge quite a bit, but hard to buy when they just aren't on the shelves anywhere. I dont think anyone disputes the fact that TEE makes great equipment.
Wilson Staff you're absolutely right and I wish I had a set of D200 irons tbh. The C line and FG line I havent heard much about other than the hole Kevin Streelman put in one of his irons he tweeted about.

I actually love the looks of TEE products.

Tour Edge E8 beta 3wd was a cannon for me when I tested it earlier this year. My only hold up was no one seemed to have a fitting cart so I couldn't get fit.

I hit the TEE e8 beta driver a few times on a sim in NC. Really liked it but did not buy as there were none available here to demo. I do wish TEE and Bridgestone were both more available. To great companies that I do not see in shops here

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'm actually pondering an E8 Beta driver and a couple XCG7 hybrids this weekend if I can find a seventy sale. I know RBG has good prices but I'm hoping for a bit more discount.

what? MAP for the E8 driver is $249 right now. FW is $199. that's right in line or even less than the "big boys".
Now, being the key operative.

Look at TE's site, the E8 Tour fairway I reviewed, 349 at release, 399 If you went d+. Cb Pro, 499. Cb Pro f2, 399. E8 beta, 299.

THAT is what I'm talking about.

This thread is amusing.

I played my buddies tee 11.5 fw for a bit it was fun...needless to say I wont be spending that much on their stuff ever (he got it cheap on eBay and sold it a week later) To me they have been a novelty in certain areas and the performance was okay but not as good as other clubs now that stock shafts have gotten better. Drivers never did it for me and the irons were just okay. Fairway woods I liked but never enough to warrant msrp

This thread is amusing.

I played my buddies tee 11.5 fw for a bit it was fun...needless to say I wont be spending that much on their stuff ever (he got it cheap on eBay and sold it a week later) To me they have been a novelty in certain areas and the performance was okay but not as good as other clubs now that stock shafts have gotten better. Drivers never did it for me and the irons were just okay. Fairway woods I liked but never enough to warrant msrp
I'd place Tour Edge Exotics up there with Ping and Titleist as far as quality goes. Certainly wouldn't call them a novelty but hey think what you want the fact is that they pump out high end premium gear with the best stock shafts in the world.

I wouldn't find trying them out,only downside I have not seen them in stores. From reviews they seem on par with other offerings.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back