Father Son Classic at Pebble

Awkward silence

My Friends Call Me Peaches
Reaction score
Handicap
I saw this yesterday, I would love to do something like that with my dad, but a bit out of my price range.

For your $3,300 you get green fees, four breakfasts and a dinner, plus prizes etc. Lodging makes it less desirable as the cheap room at the Lodge costs $800/night. So for two players that pay $6,600 they get $2,600 in green fees and $3,200 in lodging costs. Add in the meals etc and it works out to normal cost, but you are playing a sweet father/son tournament.

The other thing is that the Monterey Peninsula is VERY hit or miss. Some days in February are 75 and sunny, others 40 and rainy. This year with the strong El Nino, weather would be even more concerning.

For your $3,300 you get green fees, four breakfasts and a dinner, plus prizes etc. Lodging makes it less desirable as the cheap room at the Lodge costs $800/night. So for two players that pay $6,600 they get $2,600 in green fees and $3,200 in lodging costs. Add in the meals etc and it works out to normal cost, but you are playing a sweet father/son tournament.

The other thing is that the Monterey Peninsula is VERY hit or miss. Some days in February are 75 and sunny, others 40 and rainy. This year with the strong El Nino, weather would be even more concerning.

Yeah I didnt really see any savings in terms of lodging cost and greens fees, but just the whole experience seemed like a blast. You are right about the weather though. I didnt consider how cold it might be in Feb.

This looks pretty cool, but I wouldn't do it with my dad until he got a little better because he'd be frustrated out of his mind and nobody would be having a good time.

Are they really playing the tips at Spyglass and Spanish Bay and the whites at Pebble? That seems like a terrible idea. If you had to play the tips, wouldn't you do it at Pebble?

This looks pretty cool, but I wouldn't do it with my dad until he got a little better because he'd be frustrated out of his mind and nobody would be having a good time.

Are they really playing the tips at Spyglass and Spanish Bay and the whites at Pebble? That seems like a terrible idea. If you had to play the tips, wouldn't you do it at Pebble?
I thought the same thing but if you read through the tabs they show the tees set up much shorter. more like whites and below.

Title: Teeing GroundsDetail: The Following Tees will be used for the Cleveland/Srixon Father/Son:
Gold Tees (Approximately 6400 yards)
White Tees (Approximately 6100 yards)
Red Tees (Approximately 5400 yards)

This would be really awesome to do with Maddog. Not sure we could swing that price tag tho. That's pretty steep. Looks like we'll just have to try for a THP event together!

That seems much more reasonable. They should update the home page for those of us just on skim patrol. :act-up:

This would be really awesome to do with Maddog. Not sure we could swing that price tag tho. That's pretty steep. Looks like we'll just have to try for a THP event together!

And probably no jeans allowed. :bulgy-eyes:

Nice idea, out of my price range and my dad doesn't golf anymore.

Out of my price range but a decent deal, but with two golfing I couldn't pick one and not the other.

I've considered this for my dad's 75th birthday, which is coming up in 2017. If we don't do this, I'm going to take him on a really nice golf trip someplace.

I would say do it. If I had the opportunity to leave for a week . I guarantee you this would be my destination for a week vacation. I would fly out as a single and take my chances joining in with another group on these courses

if anyone can baby sit for a week I will pay and off to California I would be. Whatever the greens fees cost wouldn't bother me at all

Definitely would do this!!! Only if my son would ask me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen this before. Strongly considering doing it for my dad's 70th. Need to figure out how to make funds work.

Man this would be sweet, but the price doesnt exactly scream "deal"

I'm going to do this when my son starts playing more!

Back