Favorite Cut Of Meat

Rib eye is my favorite, but last nights prime rib was pretty effing good.

Tri Tip smoked with Apple and Hickory till internal temp is 140. Followed closely by any other type of meat.

Just watched 'Steak Revolution' on Netflix. Most of it was subtitled. But it was a pretty interesting documentary on the search for the best steak in the world.

I thought the documentary was just ok, but the information about beef and cattle and the process was really interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the documentary was just ok, but the information about beef and cattle and the process was really interesting.

Agree. They are definitely not talking about feeding the masses beef on a regular basis. Some of that beef made Kobi seem affordable. If the majority of American ranchers incorporated those practices, it would price the common consumer out of the beef market.

20oz porterhouse cooked medium with a loaded baked potato please

Ribeye medium rare

Had a 12 oz center cut sirloin that was tender all the way through. May be my new cut.

Filet well done is my thing

I'm loving tri-tip right now

Tri on the smoker low and slow is just so darn good.

JM

Usually a ribeye kind of guy, but lately I've been into wagyu top sirloin caps or "coulottes". Nice and marbled and super tender and flavourful.

I cook on indirect heat after a nice sear

you ever try to reverse sear? low and slow first, then a quick sear over super high heat? helps preserve the crust on the outside but still super juicy in the middle. the mistakes i seem to make more often than not with this method is 1) cooking too long in the low and slow phase, and/or 2) searing too long. the texture is always awesome and juicy, but sometimes i still get it too cooked inside.

you ever try to reverse sear? low and slow first, then a quick sear over super high heat? helps preserve the crust on the outside but still super juicy in the middle. the mistakes i seem to make more often than not with this method is 1) cooking too long in the low and slow phase, and/or 2) searing too long. the texture is always awesome and juicy, but sometimes i still get it too cooked inside.

I do that from time to time. It's something I do with one of chicken dishes

i used to be a ribeye guy and especially bone in ribeye but then my friend turned me onto a chuckeye and that is what i look for mostly , its just like the side meat tender fatty part like on the ribeye but its the whole piece , smh awesome good

i used to be a ribeye guy and especially bone in ribeye but then my friend turned me onto a chuckeye and that is what i look for mostly , its just like the side meat tender fatty part like on the ribeye but its the whole piece , smh awesome good

I think that buttery tender part of the ribeye is called the spinalis. You can buy it, but it's pretty expensive iirc

My favorite cut these days is prime strip. Great flavor, but still good texture.

The simplicity and versitility of a well cooked chicken breast cannot be beat for me. I know it's boring, but it's my favorite.

Hands down...tri-tip

Back