The Car Shopping Thread

It annoys me how few cars are selling with manual transmissions anymore.

yup, they are hard to find, They had to pick up my focus a thoushand miles away because they couldnt find one with a stick anywhere

Im the opposite. After owning a car with a manual transmission for half a decade I am ready to move to an automatic for everyday driving. I plan on keeping a muscle car with a manual transmission around though.

Im the opposite. After owning a car with a manual transmission for half a decade I am ready to move to an automatic for everyday driving. I plan on keeping a muscle car with a manual transmission around though.
If the torque converter lockup didn't exist, I would agree regarding muscle cars. :) Brake stands are so much more annoying with a stick. :alien2:

Yep I had to install a brake lock system on my car for burnouts at the track. I'll say this though, some of the best times I've had were driving my car through the back roads town to town rowing through the gears exhaust bellowing and radio turned up. For me it is a profound experience.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I hate to e the bearer of bad news but this thing is gonna be just as bad if not worse especially if it has the eco tech 4 cylinder DI engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't tell me that. That's the one we bought. :sad: Oh well, we needed out from under the Jeep.

Don't tell me that. That's the one we bought. :sad: Oh well, we needed out from under the Jeep.

Make 100% sure you keep up on maintenance . Full synthetic oil as well that's dexos approved.

Make 100% sure you keep up on maintenance . Full synthetic oil as well that's dexos approved.

That's what we're running in it. Dealer said to, so we are.

That's what we're running in it. Dealer said to, so we are.

Most people just ignore it. I can't stress enough how important scheduled maintenance is in cars these days .

Test drove a 2015 S6 today. Makes me want to stay in the Audi family.

Shout out to @Agent Jay for helping get me some info today which put my sister-in-law in her first brand new car.

Last edited:
We'll see how the finances turn out next year but I am eyeing a 2016-2017 Mazda 6 GT W/Tech. These things are just PIMP!

Worst case Ill buy a cheap ex-police Crown Victoria and spiff it up a bit and have my nice big comfy cruiser.

I'm a sucker for power.

I don't need backup warnings, lane departure warnings, etc.

0-60 in sub 4 and I'll be good .

...and a stick shift.

This guy gets it. Try finding a stick shift with AWD and an in-dash navigation for under $35K...... (I had to go with FWD).

...and a stick shift.

This guy gets it. Try finding a stick shift with AWD and an in-dash navigation for under $35K...... (I had to go with FWD).
My buddy got his 2015 wrx limited for 33k with nav but he searched for freakin ever. Said it was a real pain as they were selling so fast locally. Real nice i was surprised with the updated interior in them

Nobody wants them anymore. It doesnt help that nowdays automatics typically get better fuel economy than manuals do.

I swapped my drag car from a manual to a computer controlled automatic because it's faster as well. For the street, computer controlled automatics have too many advantages. I ran a 4200 stall converter on the car when it was my daily driver. Talking to old school guys, they freak out because you couldn't do that before computer controlled transmissions.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Nobody wants them anymore. It doesnt help that nowdays automatics typically get better fuel economy than manuals do.
Also with DSG gearboxes the shifts are faster than a human, and you still can control it with the paddles. I do enjoy a nice row through the gears now and then, but auto is where I am at now.

...and a stick shift.

WRX all that needs to be said.....

I have been looking at one myself. Its just so hard to make the decision to get rid of my other two Subarus and just have a single all year round car, as I love to play with them and I know I'd void the warranty in the first week on a new one.

Back