Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I'm getting a Legacy practice round in this morning with Dave Alvarado on a decently challenging course, time to see how that game is coming along.

The bunkers in MB are not fluffy. The sand is dense and heavy

The bunkers in MB are not fluffy. The sand is dense and heavy

Hopefully I can stay out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully I can stay out of them.

good luck with that! There are plenty of opportunities on True Blue to find the sand.

I hope we see the same scoring format as they are using in The King event. It just makes the event that much more of a true mental test for every member of the Team.

good luck with that! There are plenty of opportunities on True Blue to find the sand.
That would be great if the same scoring from the King was present for you guys

That would be great if the same scoring from the King was present for you guys
Keep the grind on! With only 4 groups making the afternoon tee time shouldn't be an issue. Time will tell I guess.

I'm getting a Legacy practice round in this morning with Dave Alvarado on a decently challenging course, time to see how that game is coming along.
We expect a full report on his sandbagging capabilities.

Something tells me you can show him a thing or two about THP Team Events.

Have fun out there! Be sure to share some pointers with him about TB & Caledonia.
Yep. Make sure to tell him that the carries are all way shorter than they look, the ball flies further at sea level & always club down 2 clubs when you're undecided about what to hit.

It's a new week, one week closer to our time in the spot light. What's everyone working on? Where is everyone mentally?

Grooving my swing. This week though I'm gonna try to get some short game work in.

As far as mentally, all I can do is count days down. My head only has legacy on its mind.

We're going to take a trip around Caledonia. Some valuable insight from the veterans thT have played this course could save us a stroke or two come July. This course forces you to think your way around it. If you're a long baller you will want to play aggressive at times, but just when to do that is critical.

1D7FD386-47F5-4538-84BB-E209E7621631.png_zpstqtrxipl.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
From the blues visually the tree line Long the right comes into play. Guarding from those trees tend to bring the fairway bunker on the left into play for many. The green is fairly receptive here, and a great hole to start your round.

Nice short par 4 to start Caledonia. Fairway is pretty wide so you can hit driver if you choose but smart play is hybrid/iron out towards the 103 marker. Bunkers left are no good and right is cart path is OB with homes.

Nice tier on front of green but this is one of the better looks you will see at birdie, easy par really. For the long hitters, being around the green from drive is pretty common.

Driver is a thought but on the first hole would choose 3h or utility iron to get into the fairway and then short iron approach.

I'd use whatever club can clear the first set of bunkers but land short of the second set.

The fairway is wide as stated before, but if you are on the left side of the fairway, the picture does not do those trees (between 77 and 106) on the left very much justice. You can be nestled under their umbrella and put yourself in a punch out/low burner situation. There is not much room to go long on the green, the cart path is right behind it and then it is thick brush that is immediately OB.

I would take FW, it's a shorter par 4, but you're not going to drive the green, so take the club that is the straightest and gives you the best shot at getting to the green in regulation.

I hope we see the same scoring format as they are using in The King event. It just makes the event that much more of a true mental test for every member of the Team.
I haven't kept up, how are they scoring it?

We expect a full report on his sandbagging capabilities.
Sandbagging level = master

I had 3 hours of sleep before the round. To say I played badly is an understatement. I won't be staying up until 2am drinking and watching horribly disappointing boxing in July.

Driver would put me out near the 103, and I like that distance for an approach so probably that if I'm hitting well. If not, probably a layup to the first bunker with a hybrid.

I've been waiting for Caledonia to pop up. Absolutely love the course.

First hole is a great starting hole. Shorting Par 4 that has some room in the fairway. Bunkers on the left are definitely in play. Right side has more room than it appears on the yardage book, but there's also OB way right.

FW off the tee is a good call. Don't be long -- pretty big drop off long left, and beyond the cart path is a problem long.

No shame in hitting it front left and looking for a two-putt.

Teeing off with a 3h here. I would rather lay back a bit than hit half wedges into this green.

The "every hole is worth a point" changes everything in match play. Gotta keep the pedal to the metal to save as many points as possible.

I believe we'll be doing alt shot so no idea if i'll be teeing off or who i'll be playing with, which is obviously going to have a lot to do with shot selection, and where my partner is comfortable hitting from. But for argument's sake, I'll assume I'm hitting all the shots...in which case, I'm 4 iron off the tee here hopefully somewhere between the 134-135 markets, which looks like a flat swell between two hills. Leaves a 9 iron into the green.

I would probably go three wood off the tee to leave me short of the second set of bunkers and leave a short iron into the green. The shorter club the better into any green.

Back