Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

0fde86323409cbc2693f8d682486e0f3.jpg

Just got done cleaning this beautiful bundle of Apex, not sure why though because I'm gonna try and get out on the course tomorrow and it looks like this today.

0bd2357aa78e1481ff0d8b5c7f177466.jpg

Probably gonna be a little muddy again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man those look so good just sitting in the bag.

Such great looking irons. I stare at mine daily. Damn this weather!

Yep, I need to find someplace that has these to demo!

Such great looking irons. I stare at mine daily. Damn this weather!
A little role reversal this year. We've been able to play daily except for today up here. Have times for tomorrow Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sun before returning to work Mon. CF16 getting a good work out so far. So glad I went this route. Oh and that Works TC V Line is money.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just received confirmation from Callaway that my CF16's have shipped!!! Pumped

Waiting sucks.

I just don't think about it. Plus I paid for next day shipping so I know I'll have by next Tuesday

I just don't think about it. Plus I paid for next day shipping so I know I'll have by next Tuesday
Like a boss!

You're going to love them Panda.

I am pumped to say the least. I'm ready to be amazeballz'd
Practice your explosion sound. After every swing with these irons, you're going to do it involuntarily.

Practice your explosion sound. After every swing with these irons, you're going to do it involuntarily.

they should come with a microphone that you can drop after every shot

LOVE the CF16 irons. Still getting use to the distance gains and the gains experienced are consistent so I can't complain. The only negative is that the irons make a clicky noise when hit poorly, but then again it is b/c you hit it poorly.

Pretty excited to get a chance to hit these Saturday again. First time I've ever had a set of irons where I was ever really excited to hit them

Another round in the books with these incredible irons.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

When I replace my XR , these in recoil will most likely be next. Come spring and the temptation will increase.

When I replace my XR , these in recoil will most likely be next. Come spring and the temptation will increase.

I couldn't be more pleased with these paired with the recoils. You will not be disappointed if you end up going that route.

Hello Apex CF16 sianora J15cb!

Hello Apex CF16 sianora J15cb!

I really like my Bridgestone J15cb. The distance control with these have been outstanding, and the looks are some of the best I've ever seen. Being in the golf business I have been eyeing the cf16 for a moment and sometimes sneak into the range and hit s dozen or so balls with the demo. Being the club junkie I am I couldn't resist the opportunity to pick these up as a Callaway VIP member for 700 smackers. Although I've had them for a few days I really haven't had the chance to hit them outside until today. Granted it was only in the 30's here but the feel was sublime. I love the way the sole glides through the turf and the crisp feeling at impact. Really hard to describe.

Initial thoughts:

Up against my current gamers they are about a club longer and MUCH more forgiving. I am a pretty decent ball striker, Bridgestones are much softer and smoother but at the same time can be demanding. I really feel like I can't miss with the cf16. Even trying to mis hit it I couldn't get it to deviate to much. On a bad ball striking day I could probably still hit regular 14-16 GIR with the cf16 where as with the stones the number would probably be in the 10-12 range on a bad day. On a good day and with the cf16 in the bag I can't see any reason any decent ball striker couldn't really light it up and hit nearly every green. They are that good!

Maybe I'm getting a little premature with my opinion of the cf16 because I haven't hit it on the course yet. I'm not sure if the cup face will produce some flyers when really stepping on one. So not 100% sure about distance control yet, but these seem like the total package. I am also really surprised I chose the cf16 over the apex pro but I actually prefer the look of the cf16 better. As a purist, someone who only uses white balls and loves the looks of players style clubs and blade putters, the cf16 was very appealing to my eye.

I really like my Bridgestone J15cb. The distance control with these have been outstanding, and the looks are some of the best I've ever seen. Being in the golf business I have been eyeing the cf16 for a moment and sometimes sneak into the range and hit s dozen or so balls with the demo. Being the club junkie I am I couldn't resist the opportunity to pick these up as a Callaway VIP member for 700 smackers. Although I've had them for a few days I really haven't had the chance to hit them outside until today. Granted it was only in the 30's here but the feel was sublime. I love the way the sole glides through the turf and the crisp feeling at impact. Really hard to describe.

Initial thoughts:

Up against my current gamers they are about a club longer and MUCH more forgiving. I am a pretty decent ball striker, Bridgestones are much softer and smoother but at the same time can be demanding. I really feel like I can't miss with the cf16. Even trying to mis hit it I couldn't get it to deviate to much. On a bad ball striking day I could probably still hit regular 14-16 GIR with the cf16 where as with the stones the number would probably be in the 10-12 range on a bad day. On a good day and with the cf16 in the bag I can't see any reason any decent ball striker couldn't really light it up and hit nearly every green. They are that good!

Maybe I'm getting a little premature with my opinion of the cf16 because I haven't hit it on the course yet. I'm not sure if the cup face will produce some flyers when really stepping on one. So not 100% sure about distance control yet, but these seem like the total package. I am also really surprised I chose the cf16 over the apex pro but I actually prefer the look of the cf16 better. As a purist, someone who only uses white balls and loves the looks of players style clubs and blade putters, the cf16 was very appealing to my eye.

Anyone have any thoughts about distance control?

Merged with Apex CF16 review thread, will get more looks from the guys that have been playing the new CF16's and they can help with distance control question.

Have not really struggled with distance control as of yet. Probably took me a round and a range session or two to get everything dialed in.
Have not seen anything flyer wise out of the cup face, and believe it will almost always be attributed to lie (can come from any iron).
I think they are a near perfect combination of performance and forgiveness that we are starting to see in this industry.

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Have not really struggled with distance control as of yet. Probably took me a round and a range session or two to get everything dialed in.
Have not seen anything flyer wise out of the cup face, and believe it will almost always be attributed to lie (can come from any iron).
I think they are a near perfect combination of performance and forgiveness that we are starting to see in this industry.

Completely agree here. In fact the only "flyer" I've seen was from a 9 iron that went about 15 yards too far but was in Bermuda rough and was sitting up perfectly

I'm going to hit these but I'm guessing the XR Pro's stay in the bag. After 5 sets in 35 years, I really don't want to be one of those golfers who starts replacing irons every time a new model comes out but I will keep an open mind!

i came to the CF16's from a set of original Xhots, I picked up a few yards of flight but overall distance remained about the same. On a launch monitor the Xhots where flying 160 on average with 10 yard rollout maxing out at around 170. The CF16's where launching a bit higher and on average flying 168 with 4 yards rollout for around 172 max average.

this launch monitor data translated to the course also being able to fly into the green and stop the ball quickly which I was never able to do with the Xhots. Proximity to hole has dropped from around 35ish to the low 20s. These irons are nothing if not consistent. the only times I have seen a "flyer" is when the wind was up and I did not compensate correctly for it. My miss is thin usually and even then they only end up a few yards short, even on the 8-AW that do not have the cup face.

distance control for me has greatly increased since putting the CF's in play.

Back