What ball in the $30-40 range?

Nixhex524

Reaction score
What ball are you folks most happy with? I have been gaming the DUO and DUOspin, which I love, but they have been cracking and splitting on me so I am looking for something more durable and friendly. I am thinking the E5 (not a fan of the E6 at all), but wondering what you all trust most during your rounds. Thanks for any feedback.

If you're talking 30-40 dollar range, the Chrome Soft is going to be suggested by many on here. Good "for anyone" ball, with good performance. What are you looking for in a ball?

Prior model PV1 has become my go to ball and is now in that price range.

Prior year Srixon Z-STAR for me in that price range. Now if your talking current line, Chrome Soft without question.

Chrome Soft (upper side) or the Hex Bite (lower side)

Heard a lot about the Chrome soft, may have to give it a try.

I do love the ProV1, and if I can get them under $40, I will jump on it.

I know nothing else will really feel like the Duo, but I like that it does everything well for me. Distance off the tee and irons, and checks up well around the greens, they just don't hold up that well. It's like a cheap ProV1 to me... which is a compliment.

Pga superstore was having a Bridgestone sale on balls. Not sure if it's still going on, but they had all the lines for like $34. I'd look at either those or last years Zstar. But again, if you are talking a full price new line ball, chrome soft all day every day.

Easily the Pro V1 previous line at $39.

Pga superstore was having a Bridgestone sale on balls. Not sure if it's still going on, but they had all the lines for like $34. I'd look at either those or last years Zstar. But again, if you are talking a full price new line ball, chrome soft all day every day.

I got a couple boxes of the old RXS this way. LOVE those as well... I will take a look again!

I got a couple boxes of the old RXS this way. LOVE those as well... I will take a look again!

Yea just looked back at the site. All Bridgestone B330 balls on sale for $34.99

Chrome Soft if talking 2015 ball.

If not, last years Z-Star, can get a dozen for as low as 25.00 in some places, 29.00 in others.

You've been cracking the duo? I can't destroy one no matter what I do to it until I lose it haha. Hard to beat an older proV under $40 but I'll still play the duo for half that (just me)

You've been cracking the duo? I can't destroy one no matter what I do to it until I lose it haha. Hard to beat an older proV under $40 but I'll still play the duo for half that (just me)

I can get a round out of them, but have had to ditch a few due to the covers cracking. Ive put those in my back yard driving net and have watched them explode...LOL

I can get a round out of them, but have had to ditch a few due to the covers cracking. Ive put those in my back yard driving net and have watched them explode...LOL
This doesn't seem right at all. Something is terribly wrong. Maybe you got a bad batch. I would definitely contact Wilson.

This doesn't seem right at all. Something is terribly wrong. Maybe you got a bad batch. I would definitely contact Wilson.
I agree - Contact Wilson Staff - use their Twitter or FB if you can't find the email address on the website.

If you like the soft Duo feel, I would say Callaway SuperSoft feels close, but Chrome Soft or Monsta balls both feel similar (but not as soft) as the Duo Spin.

The Callaway SR series are on sale at GG for $39.99. I picked up a dozen SR3's yesterday. Another great ball at a super low price I saw yesterday at Golf Galaxy is the Maxfli U4x for $17.47/dozen. It's a 4 piece urethane ball that plays very similar to a Pro V1x with maybe a bit less spin around the green.

I like Lethals

Just bought a dozen Bridgestone B330-RX for $34.99. I know a few other people mentioned that special pricing as well. As mentioned by several others, the Chrome Soft is a good fall and falls in your price range.

What ball are you folks most happy with? I have been gaming the DUO and DUOspin, which I love, but they have been cracking and splitting on me so I am looking for something more durable and friendly. I am thinking the E5 (not a fan of the E6 at all), but wondering what you all trust most during your rounds. Thanks for any feedback.

The Bridgestone B330 is the best ball I'll ever play, and thanks to the buy three get one deal I utilized earlier this season, falls into your price range.

Chrome Soft.

Chrome soft

I have a bunch of different balls I hit into a net in my yard... The Duo and an FG tour are the only ones that have opened up on me over time. Its def weird, just thought it was from hitting over and over again, but I have an old school E5, some RXS, ProV1, and some range balls that are beat but none that have opened up yet. I don't expect them to last forever, just looking to try something different. I think I will try and grab some B330s or the Callaways if I can soon.

Back