One Goal For Offseason

Fitness... yoga and cardio.

Fitness. Get much better flexibility and build better strength in the golf muscles. Luckily I have a fantastic wife who is excellent and knowledgable and wants to kick my butt enough in the gym to make it happen!

Try not to go nuts staring at my Grandaddy equipment while there is 5 inches of snow on the ground and I can't use it.

And get some lessons lined up to make sure I'm starting the 2016 season out on the right path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will work on this together my friend. Ironically I had the same goal the last two of seasons and failed so I need to do something different.

If I could hit 14 solid tee balls/round I would have a shot at even par. I don't even care about FIR, just need to put 14 solid drivers/5 woods/hybos together on a consistent basis.
Me too man. I'm hoping/thinking that regular lessons are the key. On Saturday with one exception, every single double or worse was due to a crap tee ball. If that isn't a sign that improvement is needed, I don't know what is.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not much of an offseason in NTX, but I'll be working on improving fitness and flexibility and trying to hit the range whenever possible to maintain the swing.

My biggest goal would be to spend as much time on trackman and with my teacher as possible. At the start of the season we made a complete swing change and totally reworked my swing. I still don't trust it 100 percent. My hope is this winter I will be able to fully ingrain the change and make it second nature. So that when in tournament play and feeling the heat; I will be able to trust me swing and not fall back into old tendencies.

We will work on this together my friend. Ironically I had the same goal the last two of seasons and failed so I need to do something different.

If I could hit 14 solid tee balls/round I would have a shot at even par. I don't even care about FIR, just need to put 14 solid drivers/5 woods/hybos together on a consistent basis.

Also my problem. To be more consistent off the tee to cut some big numbers out of my game would be amazing.

To just get out and hit some balls at the range and to play at least once every 2 weeks

Tighten up shot dispersion. This means groove the swing. Take monthly lessons and range sessions three times a week.

Heal elbow tendonitis!!!

Primary goal: improve distance and flight consistency via ball striking. Secondary goal: lots of indoor putting.

Loose weight. I think many positive things will happen as a result, especially a less back fatigue, and more stamina.

to play more

Hopefully no offseason. If the weather is decent I plan to play once a week all year.

But I have joined a new gym, started a fitness regime as I need to lose more than a few pounds.

Offseason is kind of a misnomer in Arizona, but this Winter I am trying to get a more consistent weight shift with my longer clubs and hopefully beat my slice for good and all.

My goal for this off season is to loose some weight

My goal is to get in at least round or two a month instead of going 4 months without picking up a club.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Get in better shape.

Lose weight.

I will continue my indoor chipping/putting routine over winter ... losing weight is my priority

Work on flexibility and strength. Both get tougher as you get older!!

I'm getting back in the gym. I'm going to actually use the "Joey D" DVD I bought and get ready for spring.

With all these weight loss goals I think it may be time to bring back the THP Challenge!

With all these weight loss goals I think it may be time to bring back the THP Challenge!

Oh man, can we back date the start time? I'm down 22 already since the beginning of August! :)

I played too much during the winter last year and it was to my detriment. I'm dialing it back this winter to maybe once or twice per month. Life is busier than normal right now, too, so it's making golf (and THPing) a little tougher.

Practice putting and chipping enough to not lose my touch leading into next season.

^^^This X10000 - ordering a putting green soon!

I'll play until the snow flies. My goal is to consistently work out and get in better shape. As far as practice goes, I'm selling out on 150 and in next year.

Less practice, more play. I have been doing it backwards for years.

Back