New True Temper Prototype DG AMT Shaft

Im sure it can be T2G. In this instance, I would say there are two schools of thought.
1. Trust your eyesight. You might be hitting it too high or too low, but your eyesight is telling you what you like and stick with it.
2. Trust the numbers. Get a full fitting done and find out which is the best for you.

Neither is right or wrong, just different schools of thought.

New True Temper Prototype DG AMT Shaft

Im sure it can be T2G. In this instance, I would say there are two schools of thought.
1. Trust your eyesight. You might be hitting it too high or too low, but your eyesight is telling you what you like and stick with it.
2. Trust the numbers. Get a full fitting done and find out which is the best for you.

Neither is right or wrong, just different schools of thought.

I've only been in one fitting where they really didn't steer me to the heaviest most rigid shaft. And well lightning would need to strike twice to get back to see them haha. But I need to be persistent and patient I guess when in the fitting bay.

I apologize for going off on a tangent.

No tangent, that is good info.
The mind is powerful, and if it says what you have is the right ball flight, then that is okay too.
Confidence in a product is a heck of a thing.

I am a graphite user, but when I got to test these out briefly, my mind was telling me how incredible they were (i didnt get to see ball flight). I have a feeling I will be back in Memphis in a bit and hopefully will get to test these out in more detail.

No tangent, that is good info.
The mind is powerful, and if it says what you have is the right ball flight, then that is okay too.
Confidence in a product is a heck of a thing.

I am a graphite user, but when I got to test these out briefly, my mind was telling me how incredible they were (i didnt get to see ball flight). I have a feeling I will be back in Memphis in a bit and hopefully will get to test these out in more detail.

From the time you spent with these what shaft do they compare to feel wise?

From the time you spent with these what shaft do they compare to feel wise?

Truly impossible to say without more time. I hope to have that for you soon.

I'm incredibly conflicted on these shafts. I love my Recoils, but want a set of clubs with the AMT's for some extended T&E.

I'm incredibly conflicted on these shafts. I love my Recoils, but want a set of clubs with the AMT's for some extended T&E.
I've never, ever gamed Titleist. But these being stock offered on the AP2s make me want to bring out the inner iron who-er in me and take the plunge. I've been interested in these from the onset, just makes so much sense in the concept.

I've never, ever gamed Titleist. But these being stock offered on the AP2s make me want to bring out the inner iron who-er in me and take the plunge. I've been interested in these from the onset, just makes so much sense in the concept.

I agree and have felt the same. I will definitely be pondering some AP2's.

Has anyone hit these yet that can comment on them? Thanks!

I have briefly. Traveling right now but will add some info shortly.

Deffo up for testing these bad boys. I see the new AP2 716's have them as standard option :thumb:

I hit them in the new ap2 6i or 7i...didn't pay attention as I had 714 and 716 I was demoing on the range.

i didn't notice them to be much different from the current DG s300s. They are a little bit lighter but ball flight wise they were about the same from a visual perspective.

I hit them in the new ap2 6i or 7i...didn't pay attention as I had 714 and 716 I was demoing on the range.

i didn't notice them to be much different from the current DG s300s. They are a little bit lighter but ball flight wise they were about the same from a visual perspective.

That's the bad thing about testing these out in most golf stores. They are going to have a 6 or 7 iron to test, but I think these shafts will shine most in the 3 and 4 irons, probably even the 5 iron.

That's the bad thing about testing these out in most golf stores. They are going to have a 6 or 7 iron to test, but I think these shafts will shine most in the 3 and 4 irons, probably even the 5 iron.

possibly. Having the lighter shaft in those irons could help. I'm hoping to swing by the range tomorrow to demo the new apex and pro. I will see if my fitter has a longer iron with these.

Looking into the release of these shafts to make a moi balanced set next season.

I can't take it anymore. I want these in my S55s yesterday...
:banghead:

I would like to demo 716Cb with X100/S400 Ti AMT's

I really wanna see how these do in the long irons and short. I hit them in a 7i and had good results but it's the end of the club spectrum I'm most curious about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered a set of DG AMT X100's. Installed the 3i shaft in a 1999 Hogan 3i head. butt flex in Precision FM is 302cpm & flexing out Stiff +1.5 (4 points between stiff & X). IMO looks like a soft x100 to me. SW at D3 /39'. Will see how it hits on the range. The shaft feels like its weight is in the tip or lower shaft section....with a waggle its feels weighty vs my fcm 7.0 pulled

-----------------------

3i shaft played very soft to flex. I am thinking these are S300 flex, perhaps even slightly softer flex in the long irons. I got a low low draw, the shaft was soft flex, delofting, the head lagging/buckeling for my SS

-----------------------

Just tested the 5i shaft. Same flex as a DG S300 shaft...I then contacted the seller about the shafts...he said he is not using them them for the same reason...

"They are not mislabeled. I found them to play softer than X100 as well because they weigh less and have less rigidity."

IMO: I think TT may have a flex problem here, I just can't see a tour player swinging these noodles in X flex.

Last edited:
Installed S300 AMT on my spare set, haven't had a chance to give them a run though. Will need to adjust the sw setup a little.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing more THPers check these out as they hit retail now.

Back