Mikej2

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello,
I am very open to critique. I know I need to work on my posture. My weight will drop more this year, and that as well will affect my swing. I also have a torn meniscus in my left knee that I'm trying to avoid making it any worse.

These were recorded with my iphone using the HudlTechnique app, then trimmed and downloaded. I don't know for sure yet how to control the playback speed.

Hope these work, let me know if I need to post these in separate posts or if I need to figure out how to control the playback speed.

Thank you in advance for any review of my swing and a few suggestions on what to work on first.

Edit2: Okay, I think I got the extra linkages cleaned up now.
edit3: strange, I seem to have an iphone browser issue because the video links are not showing up for me, fine on the desktop, not fine with the iphone. Oh well.

Last edited:
Tell what you want to achieve with your golf swing? Are you looking to knock a couple strokes off your game? Are you looking for a go to shot?

It sounds like you know your flaws but your also protecting your left knee. So anything we work on has to keep pressure off that knee. So tell me what you want out of your swing and I'll give you a solution.

Realistically, just consistency and better control and keeping the ball in play.

I used to have a wicked banana ball slice with the driver but have managed to get that under control. I still get a push or slight slice, but will somehow manage to get the ball pulling or curving slightly left, once in awhile the balls will go dead straight.

I sold some bicycle things and used the funds from that to buy one of those Zepp 2 analyzers and tried it out earlier this week. I don't know how to review those shots with the app, or else I didn't save them, so I'll try to hit the range again today at lunch and give it another go with the app and sensor. Before, it did show some swing plane issues and there was a whole lot of variability in my swing. I think the swing plane numbers ranged from almost 30% in the red to maybe a couple in the 3% green range. I'll try to upload a screenshot I captured shortly. The 3D review also showed some wierdness with my hand action at the bottom of the swing, not sure what that's all about. But the Zepp device is just another tech tool to play with, fun to mess with but mainly I got it to try and work on consistency and to identify where my swing is breaking down or changing from swing to swing.

Not sure if that helps give any suggestions on things to work on.

68DBBCC1-EA67-4E2A-B530-20BED7F5A1F1_zps4c8ynozr.jpg

Hopefully this worked.

I hit a medium bucket of balls today at lunch (about 60 shots) using my hybrids and also had the zepp device running.

Most shots were mostly straight down range, a few pushed a bit right with no curve, a few pulled left with no curve, a couple fat hit worm burners and one toe tap that dribbled off towards the far right. Distances were usually running from 150 yards out to past the 175 marker, a couple might have tapped at 200 yards. I was hitting 6 shots with the 3H, then 6 with the 4H, then 6 with the 5H, then cycled through the bucket that way.

As near as I can decipher from the device app is that my backswing is flatter than my downswing, and that the hands/club go inside the arc on the backswing and outside the arc on the downswing. I don't know how to fix that, or if I even need to worry about it. I captured some screenshots of one of the swing graphics in the app if anyone thinks it would be worthwhile to post those. Since the device attaches to the glove, I'm not sure how accurate it is with what it displays in the review. Oh well, fun to play with.

Well I'd like adjust your posture and stance. Set your feet right under your shoulders or just inside. Bend at the waist until your Arms hang freely from your shoulder and are about 6" from your upper thigh. Push your knee out over middle of your feet. Feel the weight of your body just behind the balls of your feet. Not on your heels or tied but in the middle.

This will allow you to swing freely without forcing the club to the top. This will also free up your hips for more down swing power. Implement the new stance and posture for a few range sessions and get back to me. Please quote me so I know you've posted again.

I want to hear about your ball striking after you try the new positions. I'm sure I'll make an adjustment but I feel what I've mentioned will fix a lot of your issues.

Thank you, I will give that all a try and will report back once it settles in a bit.

Also, your head is buried in your chest, once you adjust your posture as suggested keep your chin up. Your grip looks to be too much in the palm of your hand, particularly your left hand. Get your left hand in a stronger position(two-three knuckles showing) and more in you fingers in both your left and right hand.

Back