Calling all Carolinians

Same here if you have any more available and I can wriggle free that weekend! Tot Hill owes me!
Deuce just so you know I hit my irons fairly well yesterday. Need to work on my swing and yardages but they were solid.

Deuce just so you know I hit my irons fairly well yesterday. Need to work on my swing and yardages but they were solid.
Awesome! Glad they're working for you! It's a solid set! Had to get back into the Tour Edge game myself ... rocking my Trilogy woods now!

Awesome! Glad they're working for you! It's a solid set! Had to get back into the Tour Edge game myself ... rocking my Trilogy woods now!
I am looking at thier 3w. I found myself in places yesterday hitting 5w that a 3w would have been a better club.

I bought the limit, so hopefully I can share the ones I bought.

I'd like to play there with you guys if it's a weekend I can make it. I was out of town last weekend, have a charity tournament this weekend and will be out of town again next weekend though.

I am looking at thier 3w. I found myself in places yesterday hitting 5w that a 3w would have been a better club.
The Trilogy is the precursor to the XRail line and it was money out of the rough for me yesterday. Had a couple great shots off the fairway too once I learned to just trust the v sole. They can be had inexpensively off of the Bay. I went 4W and 7W with the hopes that the 7W would serve me better than a 3H (which I shipped off to the Marketplace), and then completed it with the 4W since I have never been able to hit a 3W for my life, and the 5W would give me too much of a gap between my two longest clubs.

The Trilogy is the precursor to the XRail line and it was money out of the rough for me yesterday. Had a couple great shots off the fairway too once I learned to just trust the v sole. They can be had inexpensively off of the Bay. I went 4W and 7W with the hopes that the 7W would serve me better than a 3H (which I shipped off to the Marketplace), and then completed it with the 4W since I have never been able to hit a 3W for my life, and the 5W would give me too much of a gap between my two longest clubs.
I might go 4 wood since 3w I can never hit. Everytime I talk to you on here I ponder something lol.

I'd like to play there with you guys if it's a weekend I can make it. I was out of town last weekend, have a charity tournament this weekend and will be out of town again next weekend though.

The more the merrier.

Hey there, Carolinians. Im going to be in the Outer Banks from May 24-31 was hoping to get a round or two in while Im there. Are any of you in the area and want to play? If not, are there any courses that you might recommend to play? Thanks, fellas

Hey there, Carolinians. Im going to be in the Outer Banks from May 24-31 was hoping to get a round or two in while Im there. Are any of you in the area and want to play? If not, are there any courses that you might recommend to play? Thanks, fellas

Just saw this, I've never played up there and have no idea about the courses there. If you get up there and play please let us know what you've found and how it was, it's such a great area.

Isn't Spicolli close? I thought I remember him saying he lived near the beach.

Not even remotely close to OBX. I think it's around a 4 hour drive from where he lives to OBX.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Not even remotely close to OBX. I think it's around a 4 hour drive from where he lives to OBX.

Wow didn't realize he was that far. Do we really not have any OBX THP'ers? Thats crazy, though I am not sure how many golf courses are out that way.

I have no idea. OBX is way out there. Most of us live near civilization....lol

I have no idea. OBX is way out there. Most of us live near civilization....lol

Got ya. I don't know past Raleigh how far things are apart.

I love the Outer Banks (particularly Ocracoke) but the golf courses are few and far between, and depending on where you are staying on the Banks, they can be quite the haul to reach. If you want beaches, ocean, seafood, lighthouses and a minimal commercial presence the Outer Banks are an ideal vacation. If you want a golf-centric trip, I'd look elsewhere.

Where are you staying on the Outer Banks? Depending on where you are, it can be chore to get to some of the courses. I haven't really played many of the courses in the area and those that I have played, it was a long time ago. There tends to be a wide variance in terms of price and quality of the courses if I am remembering correctly. Currituck Club is supposed to be decent but expensive. Nags Head Golf Course isn't too bad--it's not long and it's tight. If it's windy, it can be an adventure. Sea Scape is on the island as well--you can get some good prices on GolfNow.com. It's not special but affordable. I think I played the Carolina Club years ago and it was in good shape and is a little less than some of the other courses around. The Pointe and Kilmaric are also in that area with the Pointe being a little less expensive from what I saw on their website.

Depending on where you are coming in from, Scotch Hall Preserve is a really nice course outside of Plymouth. It's off the beaten path, but if you are coming from 64, it's another option. It's an Arnold Palmer design in a development that never really took off, but the course was a purchased by a group a few years ago and they keep it in great shape.

Unfortunately, the Outer Banks (Nags Head) is about 4 hours from where I live in Wilmington.

Where are you staying on the Outer Banks? Depending on where you are, it can be chore to get to some of the courses. I haven't really played many of the courses in the area and those that I have played, it was a long time ago. There tends to be a wide variance in terms of price and quality of the courses if I am remembering correctly. Currituck Club is supposed to be decent but expensive. Nags Head Golf Course isn't too bad--it's not long and it's tight. If it's windy, it can be an adventure. Sea Scape is on the island as well--you can get some good prices on GolfNow.com. It's not special but affordable. I think I played the Carolina Club years ago and it was in good shape and is a little less than some of the other courses around. The Pointe and Kilmaric are also in that area with the Pointe being a little less expensive from what I saw on their website.

Depending on where you are coming in from, Scotch Hall Preserve is a really nice course outside of Plymouth. It's off the beaten path, but if you are coming from 64, it's another option. It's an Arnold Palmer design in a development that never really took off, but the course was a purchased by a group a few years ago and they keep it in great shape.

Unfortunately, the Outer Banks (Nags Head) is about 4 hours from where I live in Wilmington.
Crazy to think Outter Banks are 4 hours from Wilmington.

Its even crazier that my folks are only 3 hrs from there in MD and I'm 7 1/2.....?

I love the Outer Banks (particularly Ocracoke) but the golf courses are few and far between, and depending on where you are staying on the Banks, they can be quite the haul to reach. If you want beaches, ocean, seafood, lighthouses and a minimal commercial presence the Outer Banks are an ideal vacation. If you want a golf-centric trip, I'd look elsewhere.

I always thought a golf course on Ocracoke would be awesome but I'm sure the money, plus all the protected land has been right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be staying it the Kitty Hawk area. Seems that I have a few options in that area. That Palmer course sounds interesting. I'll have to see how far that away that is

I'll be staying it the Kitty Hawk area. Seems that I have a few options in that area. That Palmer course sounds interesting. I'll have to see how far that away that is

The Palmer course is probably an hour and a half or two hours from there. It's hike for sure. I think the Carolina Club, Kilmaric, or the Pointe would be some fun options and a lot closer.

I wish it was closer. I have to go up, over, and across to get there. I absolutely love it out there.

I'll be back in Pinehurst this weekend and am looking at Tobacco Road, but yikes, it's it expensive! Is it worth the 130? Or would we be better off playing elsewhere? Is there any way to get a deal out there?

Thanks! I don't have my full schedule yet, but when I do I'll let you guys know in case anyone wants to join.

I'll be back in Pinehurst this weekend and am looking at Tobacco Road, but yikes, it's it expensive! Is it worth the 130? Or would we be better off playing elsewhere? Is there any way to get a deal out there?

Thanks! I don't have my full schedule yet, but when I do I'll let you guys know in case anyone wants to join.

This time of year, it's going to be expensive. You could call Ambassador Golf, sometimes they have some decent package deals. I'm local, so I have the Sandhills Capital Card, which lets me play most of the Sandhills courses for under $50, even during the season. The only catch is that I can only book 48 hours ahead of time and only those with the card get the reduced rate. A couple years ago, the price was good for the whole group, so we'd all go play Tobacco Road for $45, but they don't allow that to happen anymore.

This time of year, it's going to be expensive. You could call Ambassador Golf, sometimes they have some decent package deals. I'm local, so I have the Sandhills Capital Card, which lets me play most of the Sandhills courses for under $50, even during the season. The only catch is that I can only book 48 hours ahead of time and only those with the card get the reduced rate. A couple years ago, the price was good for the whole group, so we'd all go play Tobacco Road for $45, but they don't allow that to happen anymore.

Unfortunately I'm pretty much set for everything else, as I have rounds set up at Pine needles, mid pines, and ccnc, so a package won't work. I might try calling to see if they have any one-off deals. It doesn't look like they do twilight either.

Back