TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There has been a lot of buzz around the new 2017 TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x golf balls and with early tour adoption and tour success, THP TV wanted to get more information from the source on the technology and benefits of this new line.

The Dean of THP sat down with Mike Fox, Category Director of Golf Balls and Accessories at TaylorMade Golf, to discuss everything about the launch of these two golf balls, the tour usage and how it differs from the original Penta TP that was released a number of years ago.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/taylormade-tp5-and-tp5x-golf-balls-2/

Awesome! These are on the top of my try list this season. I used to LOVE the Penta TP a few years back that came in that rectangle white box... So I am wonder how similar they are to those. So far, I have heard nothing but positives about them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Awesome! These are on the top of my try list this season. I used to LOVE the Penta TP a few years back that came in that rectangle white box... So I am wonder how similar they are to those. So far, I have heard nothing but positives about them!

Watch the interview and they address that exact question.

Just got finished, pretty cool!

Good video ... awesome questions by Dean. TM sounds real excited about this ball. 70mph to reach the core ... "everyone can do that." HA! :banana:

I want to give these a test ride.

Great interview by Dean.
Some great tech in these Golf Balls, I have to admit, I'm intrigued to give them a try.

Really excited to give these a try. Going to watch the interview a little later this morning

Great interview!

Funny he mentioned John Rahm's first round with the ball, and his experience with it being more resistant to cuts/ draws and a bit longer. My first nine holes with it I had the exact same experience - and I am about as far away from a tour pro as one can get.

Think TM has hit on a winner with this ball.

Nice job Dean!!! So many great products out their right now. Very difficult to choose one over the other!! I'm not sure I'm good enough to discern the true advantages of one of these top balls over the other.

Good stuff. Looking forward to grabbing a sleeve of these to try.

Great interview which brought very in depth details about these balls. Did not necessarily understand all the technical terminology, but 3 numbers did stick out to me: 70, 4 and 100. 70 mph SS to maximize performance, 4 wins in 4 weeks and almost 100% tour player adoption.

Awesome interview! I wasn't sure what all the hype was about outside of the 5 layers, but understanding the construction and balance for all swing speeds, TP may have just changed the entire ball game. Only need a 70mph swing speed to see distance gains? That's incredible. And to do so without compromising feel or spin around the greens. Wow! Can't wait to see the reviews on these!
Speed gains and spin are all fine and good...but do they come in yellow? LOL!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Fantastic interview, Mike Fox sounds smart! I'd listen to him for a while.

that John Rahm story at the end was very good, I'll try to find a sleev of these when I need new balls for sure

Great buzz on this ball, will be interesting to see how it stacks up for those who commit to it for a season.

Well, now there's another ball on the market I'm going to have to try. TM is definitely excited about this one, and it seems with good reason. I find it extremely interesting that they're able to separate the distance component out like that, and have a ball that's playable by almost all swing speeds. I always thought that if you went low enough compression for lower swing speeds someone with a high swing speed would lose distance.

Glad guys are taking the time to tune in this morning.

This was a great interview ! I am looking forward to getting my hands on some second hits and seeing if I make the switch from tour preferred X to the new TP5x

That guy seems much better in your interview. The commercial he's in for the ball I've seen online makes him sound like an As Seen on TV spokesperson or something. He just seems to overuse the same words to emphasize aspects of the ball way too much.

That being said, I do like some of what Taylormade is currently doing and I intend to try the ball out soon.

Can't wait to try these out. Great video!

Nice video. You can tell they legitimately believe in this product.

Is it just me or are there more high quality balls on the market than ever before?

Glad guys are taking the time to tune in this morning.

You did a good job with this one. He did make it sound like there's very little performance difference between the TP5 and the TP5X, is that the correct takeaway? It would seem like choosing between the 2 balls would be based on the feel preference that a player has. I'm going to have to get a sleeve of both to test them out when the weather gets warmer up here.

Nice video. You can tell they legitimately believe in this product.

Is it just me or are there more high quality balls on the market than ever before?

Could be. Could also be more companies are talking about it now. I think it's a combination of the two

Tried out the TP5 ball the other day, great ball. Able to work it right a d left. Felt good off the putter face.
The only issue was it liked the sand, wouldn't get out of the kitty litter. Played same ball all day. Would definitely recommend.
#ballgofar

Back