NO1 50 Pro Grips Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm actually still playing the hell out of these on my woods, the texture has become a bit addicting honestly.

The Limited Edition Gameday Series look great!

Really wasn't a fan myself. The deep textured patterns didn't wear particularly well.

The Limited Edition Gameday Series look great!

Yep, was just going to come post this actually. Smart move by them IMO, also they are offering some different paintfill options on the black ones soon too.

Really wasn't a fan myself. The deep textured patterns didn't wear particularly well.

Interesting, I've got about 14 rounds and 6 full range sessions on mine with no issues at all.

I can honestly say I have never heard anything about these

A firm but tacky grip certainly sounds good, especially in wet conditions, so it could be a good option here in the UK with our lovely weather....

...$16 a grip? Jebus they must have piles of pot to smoke over there!

If I am gonna pay $16 a grip, I might be better off just buying special hands instead of special grips.

Obviously the price won't be for everyone, but they are in line with most Iomic offerings, which yes are still high. Plus, there are sales to be found, as with pretty much every product out there.

Obviously the price won't be for everyone, but they are in line with most Iomic offerings, which yes are still high. Plus, there are sales to be found, as with pretty much every product out there.

Yeah I guess but I just can't see many people dropping $200 to regrip. Those folks are out there I'm sure , I've just not met them lol. The texture similar to the lamkin/iomic?

I've tried older No1 grips and I do think they are some of the stickies grips I've used. Once my NDMCs wear out, I may go this route.

Yeah I guess but I just can't see many people dropping $200 to regrip. Those folks are out there I'm sure , I've just not met them lol. The texture similar to the lamkin/iomic?

Texture is MUCH more tacky/grippy because though the pattern looks similar, the tread is exponentially more accentuated/deep than either of those.

Pretty wild color options. How do these perform when the grips get a bit moist?
As a 100% elastomer grip, they don't do well when they get wet. The deep tread doesn't help that much.

There are a few colors in the "50" size that claim they are ribbed, but either I got ripped off or the ribbing is much too subtle to feel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

As a 100% elastomer grip, they don't do well when they get wet. The deep tread doesn't help that much.

There are a few colors in the "50" size that claim they are ribbed, but either I got ripped off or the ribbing is much too subtle to feel.

I played with these in a downpour, gloved and non, with no issues at all.

I played with these in a downpour, gloved and non, with no issues at all.
I was just saying that these are an all rubber grip, so they're not that great when it gets wet. No better, no worse to me.

This coming from someone who games UTx's.

I was just saying that these are an all rubber grip, so they're not that great when it gets wet. No better, no worse to me.

This coming from someone who games UTx's.

I game the UTx as well, my favorite grip, but ive had not a single issue with these in the rain. The 50 Pro held up beautifully, it honestly surprised me as its not what I expected entering review.

I game the UTx as well, my favorite grip, but ive had not a single issue with these in the rain. The 50 Pro held up beautifully, it honestly surprised me as its not what I expected entering review.
Interesting. I've definitely had different results with mine. I was still able to maintain grip when they got wet, but definitely felt that I had to grip tighter to prevent any slippage.

For the 99% of the time that I play and it's dry, they are a fantastic grip, albeit a touch soft for me.

Interesting. I've definitely had different results with mine. I was still able to maintain grip when they got wet, but definitely felt that I had to grip tighter to prevent any slippage.

For the 99% of the time that I play and it's dry, they are a fantastic grip, albeit a touch soft for me.

The standard 50s or the 50 Pro? I got my hands on a standard 50 5hr other day and maaaaaaaan it was soft. These though still surprise me with the texture and firmness being more than I ever expected.

Its all good dude, its why it's importent for us all to try things out for ourselves, especially something as personal as grips.

The standard 50s or the 50 Pro? I got my hands on a standard 50 5hr other day and maaaaaaaan it was soft. These though still surprise me with the texture and firmness being more than I ever expected.

Its all good dude, its why it's importent for us all to try things out for ourselves, especially something as personal as grips.
I've tried both the 50's and the 50 pro. Both are too soft for me, but prefer the 50 pro because it's a bit firmer.

Very interesting claims by the company. At $16 per grip, these need to stack up.

Some great color options there. I am so high on Lamkin grips I'm afraid to give another brand a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At $16 a grip, I will stick with the Lamkin UTx.

Great write up James. The tacky/grippy thing is interesting. I'm thinking testing this out on my woods would be a good test

Back