The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

"Death match to the death" was an oft-heard refrain on my college buddy golf trips to Myrtle Beach from '01 - '13. Depending on number of holes down the loser was, he usually had to start a game of Libya (Beirut/beer-pong to most of you) down that number of cups when we got back to the condo. When I beat my boy Psycho 9 and 8, he had a rough evening.

Well there is another game we have in common. We used to have crazy long battles in my college apartment. Used to do best of 7 wins a point. Then you needed 4 points to win the night.

Well there is another game we have in common. We used to have crazy long battles in my college apartment. Used to do best of 7 wins a point. Then you needed 4 points to win the night.
Anyone else want to see an Ethan vs Dean beer pong battle at some point?

"Death match to the death" was an oft-heard refrain on my college buddy golf trips to Myrtle Beach from '01 - '13. Depending on number of holes down the loser was, he usually had to start a game of Libya (Beirut/beer-pong to most of you) down that number of cups when we got back to the condo. When I beat my boy Psycho 9 and 8, he had a rough evening.
This cracked me up. I mean, who doesn't have a friend named Psycho?

Anyone else want to see an Ethan vs Dean beer pong battle at some point?

great something else to practice for. But hell, why not.

With all this Team Redemption talk about what shoes to wear, how many Xanax to take, ideal singles matchups based on handicap/college major/favorite Hot Wheels toy/etc, I canvassed the ZooCrew to find out what Grandaddy concerns we have here in Carlsbad.

Here you go --

AJ - “Does this bus have a bathroom?"
Scotty - Jodeci lyrics…has all of the Forever My Lady LP dialed, still rusty on Diary of a Mad Band
Velardo - how many hours before the event should he tell his wife that he’s going on a trip and he’ll be gone for 3 days?
Johnny - Tito’s distribution shortage in Palm Desert
Rhi - heard that the Hideaway switched from Original to Tropical mini-Skittles bags. Very concerned.
Chad - desert air/background/lighting throws off his “majestic setting” selfie game
D-Nevs – "Will I need to stow all my training gimmicks in the overhead compartment of the bus or can I fit them underneath the seat in front of me?"
Ethan - bus ride snack selection; sweet/salty regression analysis not yet yielding optimal combination
Neubarth - which emmy he should talk up with whichever Hidaway member he plays with? Is the Olympics one too strong of a come-on?
pete – still undecided on the true meaning of “photo bombing"
Harry – weather…if it’s too sunny, wearing a sweater just isn’t possible
Finley - going hoarse from sh!ttalking.

Love the pairings talk. A lot of times that can be overthought. A lot of us will be meeting for the first time. Most of us are playing a course like this for the first time. It's more important IMO that we all just stay true to our own game.

Format is another unknown (sort of) and some pairings may work for one format but not the other. It doesn't make much sense to lose sleep over something like pairings with so much unknown. Just go with it and do what feels best as we discuss it at dinner.

Again, just my opinion and I'm sure Jman has a way he's gonna want things to be and I'm more than willing to trust my captain with that.

Lol the Velardo one is great

With all this Team Redemption talk about what shoes to wear, how many Xanax to take, ideal singles matchups based on handicap/college major/favorite Hot Wheels toy/etc, I canvassed the ZooCrew to find out what Grandaddy concerns we have here in Carlsbad.

Here you go --

Scotty - Jodeci lyrics…has all of the Forever My Lady LP dialed, still rusty on Diary of a Mad Band
Velardo - how many hours before the event should he tell his wife that he’s going on a trip and he’ll be gone for 3 days?
Rhi - heard that the Hideaway switched from Original to Tropical mini-Skittles bags. Very concerned.
Chad - desert air/background/lighting throws off his “majestic setting” selfie game
D-Nevs – "Will I need to stow all my training gimmicks in the overhead compartment of the bus or can I fit them underneath the seat in front of me?"
Ethan - bus ride snack selection; sweet/salty regression analysis not yet yielding optimal combination
Neubarth - which emmy he should talk up with whichever Hidaway member he plays with? Is the Olympics one too strong of a come-on?

There is the team everybody.
#ZooCrew seems focused.

So should we keep all mention of the grandaddy off of velardos Twitter feed?

I'll also be losing sleep from now until our gear arrives over if my medium shirt is a big medium, or a nice a tidy medium :)

Here you go --

I'll also be losing sleep from now until our gear arrives over if my medium shirt is a big medium, or a nice a tidy medium :)

Ryo is on line one... He has a few you can borrow

What if it's a Japanese Large?

Foruming and schmedium

Man I can't wait to kick back and have a couple beverages with the Zoo Crew. Unless it's Malort

Man I can't wait to kick back and have a couple beverages with the Zoo Crew. Unless it's Malort

I've heard the stories and I'm looking forward to experiencing this myself

I've heard the stories and I'm looking forward to experiencing this myself

My favorite part of the first one. Staying up in the lobby with E Dog and Pete chatting about golf, family, life, whatever.. 2 cool dudes

My favorite part of the first one. Staying up in the lobby with E Dog and Pete chatting about golf, family, life, whatever.. 2 cool dudes

So lobby takeover is common theme with Zoo Crew and THPers?

So lobby takeover is common theme with Zoo Crew and THPers?
At the king it was the patio, but seems to be a common theme, and one I'm looking forward to repeating.

That look never gets old! Or the question, 'and this is all legit?' Yea, yea it is 100 percent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep or people just don't comprehend and they are like "free set of clubs! That's awesome..."

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I also need to mention that Colin (Cdpkook) and I got out this Saturday to slap the golf ball around the course and he is yet again 100% another example of what I have been saying about #TeamRedemption just being full of really really solid people...and then ddec too.

Seriously though, great guy, we had a blast with a ton of laughs and it was very much needed with the 30 MPH winds and 41 degree temperature. But, it was empty on the course outside of 5 old men walking and avoiding their wives at all costs presumably, so we just did our thing and messed around the whole time.

I trully 1000% cannot wait to see him after he gets fit. Colin hits the ball solid with the irons and one he's fully fit I really do believe we see his tee game change a ton. But I will say, he's broken my stance on the mini, he definitely needs that thing in his bag for this one. Hits it silly well off the tee.

Thanks James! I had an absolute blast! I cannot wait to get fit for a GBB and do work with it. I will probably have a mini as well. Like we were talking my bag may look a little funky, but I am all ears when it comes to listening to the fitter! We shall see where I end up and cannot wait to see those hideaway gates open!!!!

How many of Team Redemption gets anxious and doesn't sleep with excitement? If you aren't already there I'm sure you will be as it only draws nearer to your date of departure.

Another question for all the participants: Any specific things you will listen to, watch or read on the way out to help you prepare mentally or just amp yourself up to be ready to compete?

I get a little restless but usually play a round of golf or shoot a perfect round with my bow to put me to sleep.

I may break out my favorite mental book and brush up before the granddaddy. It's the greatest mental/life perspective book ever! It's about looking for the positive in everything and blocking out the negative.

Back