What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today was my first round of the year at my home course and shot an 82. Went 39 on the front with a solid triple (7) to start the day. Once I knocked off some jitters I ended up having two birdies on the front. I ended up hitting a lull period on the back and shot a 43. Only three pars. Looking forward to a better round tomorrow morning!

Played the front nine twice and shot 46-43-89.

If we had played the back nine, we would have had to quit around hole 15.

Had fun shooting a way up there 89. Will be better eventually...the score. The fun is always there.

Had fun shooting a way up there 89. Will be better eventually...the score. The fun is always there.
I didn't fare much better... we'll shoot 70s tomorrow at deer creek

I shot a 40/43 83. I had a pretty good round going until the wind picked up and finished double, bogie, bogie, double, bogie. On that course though I'm happy with anything under 85.

84 today. Feel like I am not far off, just can't put it all together.

Played rd3 of our pennant competition today. It was a course id never played before, 9 hole course with sheep on it. All the greens were square and had fences around them to keep the sheep off. It was quite short at only 4780 mtrs. We teed off on the 4th hole and i didnt use an iron till the 6th hole. It was driver or 3 wood and either 52° or 56°. I think i only used my irons 5 times today over 18 holes.
I couldnt putt to save myself on slow greens, and missed or left quite a few short. I ended up shooting a +9 79, lost my match 3/2.

The worst bit was walking up the 3rd hole of the day i was standing by my ball and felt something go down my shirt, next thing its stung me and i can hear it buzzing in my shirt, so i ripped that off and hoped what ever it was left. Lucky i wasn't allergic. I found out it was a bumblebee as one chased me for a while a few holes later and then on the same hole i got stung another big one landed on my shirt.
Nothing like playing 15 odd holes with a bee sting on your neck.

Shot a +16 today, drives were fading quite a bit but short irons/wedges & putter were spot on. I had 4 penalties (2 OB), I dropped (2 strokes) where it had rolled under the fence instead of going back to tee

An ESC 40 on the front 9.

I drove the ball beautifully. Had 6/9 GIRs. Chipped the ball really nicely on the missed GIRs (2 tap in bogeys). The one blowup hole was dumb, but they usually are. I missed a 15 foot eagle putt on number 9, but gladly took the tap in birdie. Nice stuff.

Yesterday, a hidden gem of a course in Brunswick, GA, shot an 84 but should Definitely have broken 80.
Today is Sea Island and I feel good about it.

tapt

+4 for the first 9 holes of the year

I played a second ball for 7 holes and for that one I think I was actually -4 but that was only because I knew which club I needed to hit or the line for the putt

Shot a PB 69!
34/35. 5 birdies 2 bogeys. Was bogey free until dumb mistakes on 16 and 17.

First round of the year is in the books. 86(45/41). Wasn't pretty at times, esp early. Started off double, birdie, double, double. Putted OK and irons were decent at times. Felt great to be back on the course and to be in the company of MPeterson, O'Carroll, and Scarnici

Shot a PB 69!

Congrats Kang!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First round of the year is in the books. 86(45/41). Wasn't pretty at times, esp early. Started off double, birdie, double, double. Putted OK and irons were decent at times. Felt great to be back on the course and to be in the company of MPeterson, O'Carroll, and Scarnici

Not a terrible way to start the year Capt! February has its ups and downs

Congrats Kang that's awesome!

Shot a PB 69!

Congrats, Kang! Great round :D

Shot a PB 69!

Nice round Kang, mine won't be that low, but I would like to have a new PB this year as well

Congrats Kang. I know the season is early for you guys so can't wait to see you getting the irons dialed in

Shot 39-43 for 82 on Par 73 course. First time playing an early round in three weeks.

Shot 82 today and it felt good. One birdie and the rest par/bogey

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

43/42=85, Still not where I want to be but better than yesterday. Left quite a few stroke out there because of some short putts. 7 pars, 10 bogeys and 1 triple. Just dumb on the triple, should have played smart and just got back to the fairway and probably could have made bogey instead of triple. Lesson learned. :banghead:

42/42 for 84 (par 66). Really inconsistent off the tee but short game and putting were pretty good.

Shot 39-43 for 82 on Par 73 course. First time playing an early round in three weeks.

Great you got out and played pain free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back