Tiger Woods 3rd Back Procedure

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like he just had his third and I know it was being discussed in the TW thread, but thought it deserved its own. Do you think he can come back from this?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I figured something was up when it was hinted at that he could miss another year due to rehab

Not good. I thought he characterized the last surgery as minor. The cynic in me (and mind you I'm a Tiger fan) feels like he's going to play this up as something that has really plagued him the last couple years, explaining all the bad play, then retire completely and move on to other endeavors.

But that many procedures? From golf? Wow.

I think it's over. And the back injuries give him cover for not breaking up Jack's record, as if he hasn't been terrible these past several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.....Nope.....

Just don't think so.

JM

I think he can comeback and play tour golf. I don't think he can comeback and play competitive golf and win tournaments

He's done. Back issues have ruined many careers

A lot of what EMart said.

I was was pretty sure his winning days were over last year. I'm damn sure now. I know some will never count him out and I may be wrong but on the wromg side of 40 with a wrecked back and knees, doesnt see, like the recipe for winning on the PGA Level.

I don't think he will win anymore and hope he doesn't try to push himself to hard trying to. It's not worth needing another surgery or tearing up his body permanently trying to break records. He should focus on making money off the brand he created around himself. Designing courses, clothing, shoes, restaurants, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not good. Can't see him coming back and playing good golf after this. Plenty of golf announcers not playing due to multiple back surgeries. Sad too see.

I think he pulls a Hogan and comes back with an incredible season in "17"

I think he pulls a Hogan and comes back with an incredible season in "17"

If we rewind to 13, did you say that about 14 and 15 too? :angel:

If we rewind to 13, did you say that about 14 and 15 too? :angel:

Lol yes I did, I am an eternal optimist or half brain dead.

I seriously think that if he can settle himself down and start playing smart instead of trying to relive his past successes, he can win. There is no way that he can perform like he used to, but that doesn't mean he can't win. If Davis Love III can still win on the PGA Tour, so can Tiger. He just has to calm down and play like a 40 year old and not like a 23 year old.

I seriously think that if he can settle himself down and start playing smart instead of trying to relive his past successes, he can win. There is no way that he can perform like he used to, but that doesn't mean he can't win. If Davis Love III can still win on the PGA Tour, so can Tiger. He just has to calm down and play like a 40 year old and not like a 23 year old.

Why? DLIII played great golf. Tiger has not really done that for four rounds in years.

Why? DLIII played great golf. Tiger has not really done that for four rounds in years.

DLIII hadn't won a tourney on the PGA Tour in 7 years before winning at the Wyndham in 2015. I figure if a 51 year old can win, so can a rehabbed 40 year old. If his mind is in the right place.

Tiger's last win was in 2013. Just two years ago. He won that Tourney by 7 strokes. There is still great golf in him.

DLIII hadn't won a tourney on the PGA Tour in 7 years before winning at the Wyndham in 2015. I figure if a 51 year old can win, so can a rehabbed 40 year old. If his mind is in the right place.

Tiger's last win was in 2013. Just two years ago. He won that Tourney by 7 strokes. There is still great golf in him.

I disagree big time, using this analogy is like saying Rich Beem won a major once, therefore Tiger will win the Masters this year (meaning the two things are completely unrelated). DLIII has not gone through multiple back surgeries and 2 major swing changes in 3 years.

If you think he is coming back to greatness, awesome. I have heard the same thing for well over 2 years and will for the next 5 I am sure. It would be a great story and I root for the story, so I am all for it. I think people forget how many great players are on the tour these days and picking and choosing a schedule and not giving in to the weaker field events will end up leaving one trying anything to make a comeback (maybe?) on the outside looking in.

With that said, they are both predictions so who knows who is right.

Last edited:
I don't really have a problem rooting for him. Golf is full of unusual stories, including Hogan playing some of the best golf ever after a life threatening car accident when his walking was seriously and permanently impaired. The odds may be against Tiger, but he's one of if not the best golfer ever so I'm not willing to say he's done for good.

I disagree big time, using this analogy is like saying Rich Beem won a major once, therefore Tiger will win the Masters this year (meaning the two things are completely unrelated). DLIII has not gone through multiple back surgeries and 2 major swing changes in 3 years.

If you think he is coming back to greatness, awesome. I have heard the same thing for well over 2 years and will for the next 5 I am sure. It would be a great story and I root for the story, so I am all for it. I think people forget how many great players are on the tour these days and picking and choosing a schedule and not giving in to the weaker field events will end up leaving one trying anything to make a comeback (maybe?) on the outside looking in.

DLIII went through foot surgery before his win at the Wyndham IIRC and just had neck surgery. We'll see how he does as Ryder Cup captain next year.

I'm not sure Tiger will ever rise to the level he was before, but I certainly think he can overtake the two achievements that still allude him. He still has 10+ years on the tour left and lifelong exemption.

We'll see what happens!

I don't think he will win again. I think its a head thing for him. I do however hope to see him win again.

And it's DL3 vs. Tiger...Round 2

I don't think he will win again. I think its a head thing for him. I do however hope to see him win again.
I was thinking the same thing. It's seems as much mental as anything and I would go so far to say some of these injuries and lame excuses might be a slight embellishment because his giant ego can't handle how poorly he's been playing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I still believe he will win again. Now win again to break Sneads record, I'm not so sure.

Let me know when he comes back from the 1st or 2nd one successfully and then we can discuss the 3rd.

Back