Rory Back For PGA Championship

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He is making his return next week (at least rumors say so right now).

Last edited:
Hope he's not rushing back. That injury can linger for quite a while.

Good for him! That will help ratings for sure. He's been working his @ss off in rehab based on what I've seen on his Instagram account and Social Media. Crazy to think he ruptured his tendon on his ankle 4 weeks ago, and now he's back again. #Youth lol

I am curious what happens if/when he misses the fairway. Whistling Straits does not have a whole lot of level ground outside of the fairway. I hope he holds up. Golf is better when he is playing well.

• Admin
And paired with Jordan Spieth (assuming he does tee it up, Rory that is). In their 8 career rounds together on the PGA Tour.
Rory -17
Spieth +5

All signs point to him coming back for it, and that's exciting. Just waiting for official word from McIlory's camp.

Hope he is healthy!

I am excited to see him back, hope he is recovered well. From the videos I have seen of his progress it has come along well,but do not think he is quite ready.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Very happy to hear this, but I hope he's not rushing it.

As long as he hasn't ruahed back too soon I think it will be good to see him playing. I just hope the injury has healed as it wasn't a nice one speaking from personal experience

Would be good to see him and Jordan battle it out at the last major of the year

Hope he does. Spieth, Rory and ZJ. I wonder if he get a practice round in this weekend to test the ankle

I only hope he is returning at 100% not 80-95 % he will be doing himself a disservice if he rushes it.

Man did not expect him to come back so soon.

Can't wait to see the Spieth Rors pairing.

I hope Rory is in fine form.

Excellent news. Hope he plays well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be great if he does and doesn't have any issues. Really hope he doesn't aggravate it rushing things. Need a healthy Rors out there. Is definitely good for the game.

Hope he's not rushing back. That injury can linger for quite a while.

That would be my hope as well. He is young and has plenty of time. Hope he is doing right. Love to see him back, but at 100% with no chance of a re-injury.

I can't imagine him missing a major even if he is only 85% or so.

Man I hope he plays well. It's exciting know he'll be in the field. I just hope he doesn't make things worse playing early.

It will be good to see him back. He had a couple of pictures of his ankle on social media and it was massive, but i do hope he is not rushing back just for the major.

Great news. Hope for an awesome tournament. Spieth and Rory together is a big bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good to hear. Hope he is truly healed all the way. Would love to see him compete at the top of the leader board.

Rory out for a practice round now. Let's see if he goes only 9 or full 18. Amazing he's back so soon if it was a full tear.

I really hope it is true. I hate to watch the PGA without him in it.

Back