2015 THP Invitational at Olde Stonewall - Pittsburgh, PA

Judging by my league round Friday, I am still Barb!
Lol
After tomorrow, Barb will be a thing of the past. It's easy to get straightened out when having fun.

I am so excited for saturday. I just hope my foursome is ready to have some fun.

I am so excited for saturday. I just hope my foursome is ready to have some fun.
Same here. I know Canadan is ready for fun. And I'm looking forward to meeting Orange Hog and VTHokies. Should be a great round.

And speaking of GregDan. LETS…DO…THIS!
My partner!!! Yeah buddy! I cannot wait. This is going to be a blast. And I get to see my friend Ken again and looking forward to meeting Spivey!

Good thing I am getting in some good competition this weekend, some really tough teams out there to beat.

poor Pete...he's gotta play with DanGreg.
he'd be much better off with thetoppdog.
I think you might be on to something there....

1st post updated with formats.

Front 9 - Shamble. Both players tee off and choose the best drive out of the two. They then each play from there until the hole is completed for both players. Combined score of the hole is counted and triple bogey is the maximum allowable score per hole per player.

Back 9 - Best Ball (Four ball) w/ A Twist - Each player will play their own ball for the duration of the 9 holes. The best score on each hole by each team of 2 is recorded. The twist is that both players must be represented on the scorecard at least twice on the back 9. Maximum allowable score is triple bogey. You must declare after the hole, which score is being taken.
Just a bump in case folks missed it.

That is a great format should be a ton of fun. Can't wait to follow along with this one

This may be a stupid question, but since it's a shotgun start, are the formats based on starting hole or 1-9, 10-18 and are played according to the traditional number.

This may be a stupid question, but since it's a shotgun start, are the formats based on starting hole or 1-9, 10-18 and are played according to the traditional number.
In Kentucky we did it based on the scorecard number.

Not a stupid question at all.
Holes numbered 1-9 play the front nine format.
Holes 10-18 play the back nine format.

It does not matter what hole you start on, you will play the format indicated by the hole # you are on.

Looking forward to it here - going to be a great weekend.

Not a stupid question at all.
Holes numbered 1-9 play the front nine format.
Holes 10-18 play the back nine format.

It does not matter what hole you start on, you will play the format indicated by the hole # you are on.

cool. was having this conversation with a few people yesterday and that is what we figured. thanks to fupresting for asking.

Looking forward to playing with you, Dan and VTHokies! Should be a really fun day.

This is a fun foursome. would love to watch you guys get around the course with a hidden camera

Just downloaded Old Stonewall and Totteridge to my SkyCaddie. Also, went ahead and downloaded the Kansas City, Savannah and Disney courses, so I'm ready! Started to download Cog Hill, but, didn't want to jinx myself. LOL

The way I see it it's Gregdan's invitational to lose

I hope my partner is conent with being in last place. Walked off today with a 70 by the 10th hole.

Getting super amped for this event, hoping I can live up to my handicap and have a good fun round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting super amped for this event, hoping I can live up to my handicap and have a good fun round

Hope I can live up to my handicap as well partner. Had a few rough rounds lately but my last round showed some promising signs. Look forward to meeting you (and the rest of the THPers) and having a fun round.

Hope I can live up to my handicap as well partner. Had a few rough rounds lately but my last round showed some promising signs. Look forward to meeting you (and the rest of the THPers) and having a fun round.

I was just telling phillyV who I played with today that I might literally play 18 holes everyday this week to hopefully be in rhythm on Saturday. Regardless it's going to be a blast, if I play like crap I'm at least pretty funny lol

Oh we will! And look forward to meeting you and the others as well.

Less than a week huh? Damn, I know this week will drag due to anticipation of a FUN Saturday of golf at an incredible course!

Back