Course Recommendations in Anderson, SC

JohnWhirl

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I'm heading to Anderson, SC for a conference in a couple of weeks. We've got a free morning before we have to come back to the MidWest, so one of my coworkers and I are planning to get in a round of Golf. We're staying within 15 miles of The Walker Course at Clemson, and that is currently in the running for our top choice.

Do you have any course recommendations for the Anderson/Clemson Area?

Has anyone played Walker and can you give me some pointers or tips for playing there?

Thanks so much!!

I only played it once, and it was several years ago, but The Walker Course was a decent track for sure. Right next to the lake.

I haven't played any others in that area. There was a state park course in Georgia, not too far from the state line, but The Walker Course was nicer.

I haven't played in the Clemson/Anderson area in over 10 years. With that said, Walker Course would be my suggestion. For public courses, it's likely the best bet in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thornblade is probably the best in the area, but it's private. It's real close to the G'ville AP.

I only played it once, and it was several years ago, but The Walker Course was a decent track for sure. Right next to the lake.

I haven't played any others in that area. There was a state park course in Georgia, not too far from the state line, but The Walker Course was nicer.

I haven't played in the Clemson/Anderson area in over 10 years. With that said, Walker Course would be my suggestion. For public courses, it's likely the best bet in the area.

Agree with both of them. Played it last year.

This.

And if you're up for it, hit Mac's Drive In afterwards for a bite to round out the Clemson experience

This.

And if you're up for it, hit Mac's Drive In afterwards for a bite to round out the Clemson experience

The Smoking Pig is the place to eat in the Clemson area.

The Smoking Pig is the place to eat in the Clemson area.

Food wise, probably.

Iconic venue, I'd still hit Mac's or The Esso Club. More the latter if you want a cold draft beer in a honkytonk that's awesome

Back