Anyone ever play under the lights??

I used to play a lighted par 3 in Madison, WI from time to time. It was pretty cool, definetly a very different experience.

I've done it before and it was really fun. The course was also a par 3 and very well lit.

I've only ever hit balls at a lighted range, never played a lit up course though. I'd love to, the ballflight looks so awesome on video.

That could be the course a bunch of guys played before the Morgan Cups.

I've gone to a driving range under the lights but never played.
Cane Patch? That's the name of the place!
What's the name of the place? Curious, might be one I've seen down there and never went to. Interested to hear how you like it.
Cane Patch is the name. The range looks really nice. Can't really see the par 3 from the road.
Well you know I'm near there and yes there is a par 3 night course not to far, it's really fun

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk
Cane Patch is the place! I'll be there tomorrow night!
Umm you need to do it. I want to do that so bad. Even if its a par 3, I want to. Ive seen Rick Shiels and Peter Finch do it, it looks like a blast.

You need to do it.
Definitely going Tuesday night. I planned on going last night but laid down for a little nap before dinner and after driving 13 hours straight it turned out it was just bed time lol. Tonight the weather doesn't look great (rain and wind) but Tuesday looks perfect!

I played a lighted par 3 course they have in Vegas. Was fun and cool (temperature).

Yes, we have lighted par-3 course here, it's basically open all night in the summer, but it gets a little too crazy with the kids for me.

There is a course nearby that is a 9 hole par 3 course that is lit up. Me and my coworkers used to go there often after work on Thursdays/Fridays and it was a lot of fun. It was usually cold though but it is nice to work a full day and then still be able to get some golf in. Enjoy your round!

With THP at the Par 3 course at Championsgate for the Ultimate Testing with Taylormade. Nearly dunked one on the last but had too much spin. Was a cool experience.

So I'm in Myrtle for a few days before heading to Augusta and there's a lighted driving range and par 3 course 5 mins from my hotel and they're open till 11pm. The course is completely lit up at night and it seems like it'll be a fun time. For only $15 for 9 holes I'm thinking I'm going to head there tonight for some fun. Curious if anyone else has done this? If I do I'll update this thread with a bunch of pics!

I've played that course a couple of times. It was a lot of fun and very different. I highly recommend trying it at least once.

There's a lit par 3 course about 20 minutes from me. It's fun, and I love watching the ball flying in the lit sky like that. The course itself though is usually in terrible shape and usually the mosquitoes are swarming around it.

There's a lit par 3 course about 20 minutes from me. It's fun, and I love watching the ball flying in the lit sky like that. The course itself though is usually in terrible shape and usually the mosquitoes are swarming around it.
My hope is that it's early enough that the bugs won't be out yet. The forecast has changed a little so we might be making the trip tonight!

My hope is that it's early enough that the bugs won't be out yet. The forecast has changed a little so we might be making the trip tonight!

They make sprays to keep them away. Go and have fun haha

Angel Park in Vegas has a lighted par 3 course that I've played a few times. Its sort of annoying though, because they cut the lights pretty early. In the fall/winter, when it gets dark at like 4:00 or so, the last group out is at 8:00. In the summer its only open to 9:00. Contrast that with the Taylormade Golf Experience lighted course and driving range, which I think is open until 11:00 pm in the summer.

Out local executive course will turn on the lights any evening if enough folks come out to play. My brother and I try to play twice a week, it's the only way to get a round in during the week until the days get longer. We have a blast pin hunting the par three holes and trying different shot options to work around the hazards on the three par fours. It's not like full size golf but much better than sitting at home.

Played both the Cane Patch (up by Cheeseburger in Paradise) and Midway (by the airport) over the years. It's fun just getting out at night when it's a tad cooler in August, if not any less buggy. I think the mozzies at Midway are as big as B-52's. They use the runways to land...

Midway, if I remember, is a bit more open. Cane Patch has more trees so straight is good.

I've not played the one we have here yet but hope to this summer when it's hot. Played one in Myrtle Beach years ago and it was all wedges. Lots of fun for sure. Played another one way back then too on Okaloosa Island (Ft Walton) that required some longer shots too but the lighting wasn't as good. Kind of strange when your ball would disappear then magically come back. I think they can be a nice hot weather, fun first, kind of option.

If there was a 24 hour golf course I would golf everyday.

Had a Par 3 course near my old house in NC that was under the lights until at least 11 when the weather was solid. It was good place to grab 9 after getting home from a flight or a long day when the sun was already set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope never done it - i play glow ball but never this but I would for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cane Patch? That's the name of the place!

Cane Patch is the name. The range looks really nice. Can't really see the par 3 from the road.

Cane Patch is the place! I'll be there tomorrow night!

Definitely going Tuesday night. I planned on going last night but laid down for a little nap before dinner and after driving 13 hours straight it turned out it was just bed time lol. Tonight the weather doesn't look great (rain and wind) but Tuesday looks perfect!

That's the place I remember. I've hit on the range and chipping green. Never did the par 3. Let me know how it goes, really interested to see what you think!

I did in Vegas. Cool par 3 course under the lights there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

One thing about playing at night that was frustrating at first but I've since learned to enjoy is the way the greens change as the evening progresses. Early the greens are dry and normal, as the dew increases they slow down and you can see tracks from the groups in front as well as your own track; whether your miss was caused by a miss judgement or a bump in the path becomes obvious. Later the dew will be so heavy your ball will shoot a rooster tail.

I used to play at a short lighted course after work at the end of the John Wayne / Orange County airport by Newport Beach in California many years ago. Usually fun. Kind of funny to be standing in line to pay the greens fee with a full bag of clubs and the people in front of you are paying for their round of miniature/puttputt golf.

It's a good time. Normally very little wind and it's cool during the summer. Madison WI has one and it's a good time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

So did you end up doing it? If so, what did you think of the place, and just experience in general?

Back