Anyone ever play under the lights??

Six4three5

Tour Star...Layin' Up!
Reaction score
Handicap
2.5 GHIN
So I'm in Myrtle for a few days before heading to Augusta and there's a lighted driving range and par 3 course 5 mins from my hotel and they're open till 11pm. The course is completely lit up at night and it seems like it'll be a fun time. For only $15 for 9 holes I'm thinking I'm going to head there tonight for some fun. Curious if anyone else has done this? If I do I'll update this thread with a bunch of pics!

There's a course locally that has night golf and I love it. Such a different feeling, having to trust your swing more since certain areas of the holes don't have direct light shown upon them. Of course it's an executive 18 hole course but still a blast to do once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never done it but seems like it would be a good time.

That could be the course a bunch of guys played before the Morgan Cups.

I've gone to a driving range under the lights but never played.

Yup. My course does night golf twice a year.

Careful though, those balls are not conforming...That would be cheating. :angel:

Yup. My course does night golf twice a year.

Careful though, those balls are not conforming...That would be cheating. :angel:
Haha well I don't think they use glow balls for this one and two I don't think my handicap opens till April 15th for me! :alien:

I haven't played but on some poorly lot ranges at night. Videos I've seen with it looks cool.

What's the name of the place? Curious, might be one I've seen down there and never went to. Interested to hear how you like it.

I haven't played golf on a lighted course, but have done glow ball golf. I have hit balls at lighted ranges, and it's fun watching the ballfight.

When I lived in SoCal used to play at night a lot. David baker executive course. More of a horse around game at night.

I haven't played golf on a lighted course, but have done glow ball golf. I have hit balls at lighted ranges, and it's fun watching the ballfight.
Glow ball golf is so much more fun. Have done lighted par 3 courses, and they are fine, but just nothing memorable. Glow golf, I can't wait to do again.

Ive played it a couple times. It's ok, but be prepared to launch balls out of the light and see it drop back in. It's like a trust fall with golf. Glow ball golf is a blast

Glow ball golf is so much more fun. Have done lighted par 3 courses, and they are fine, but just nothing memorable. Glow golf, I can't wait to do again.

It'll happen again this year. My wife got the go ahead to start getting ready for golf and she brought this up first thing.

It'll happen again this year. My wife got the go ahead to start getting ready for golf and she brought this up first thing.
She wants a crying towel

Have not played under the lights in 30+ years. Played in a night league at a par 3 course in Ft. Walton Beach, FL when I was about 19 and in Junior College. The beer drinking was more prevelant than quality golf shots in that league...lol.

There used to or is an executive course around San Diego that is lit. I think it was called mission bay or something like that not sure. Pretty sure Dubai has a par 72 you can play at night under the lights.

What's the name of the place? Curious, might be one I've seen down there and never went to. Interested to hear how you like it.

Probably Tupelo Bay in Surfside Beach right off 17 business. Just returned to Ohio from 3 months down there and played their Executive course several times, but mostly used their driving range. Drove balls at night under the lights and it was fine. If you are down there in the winter, they offer a driving range card which gives you unlimited baskets of balls for 30 days.

There's a lighted par 3 course close by me. Played it once under thr lights. All the bugs came out at night wanting to feast on my blood.

There's a lit par 3 course near me. I take the kid there quite a bit. Fun to good around on and work on the irons.

Probably Tupelo Bay in Surfside Beach right off 17 business. Just returned to Ohio from 3 months down there and played their Executive course several times, but mostly used their driving range. Drove balls at night under the lights and it was fine. If you are down there in the winter, they offer a driving range card which gives you unlimited baskets of balls for 30 days.
Yep, more than likely Tupelo Bay.

Well you know I'm near there and yes there is a par 3 night course not to far, it's really fun

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

I was able to play under the lights maybe 10-12 years ago at a par three course here in town. It was pretty fun but the bugs were bad, unfortunately it isn't an option anymore because there is a Costco where the course used to be.

I travel to Malaysia twice a year and there are courses I have played that are lighted. Primarily because it so effing hot during the day they light up a lot of the courses at night to play later when it is a bit cooler.

Umm you need to do it. I want to do that so bad. Even if its a par 3, I want to. Ive seen Rick Shiels and Peter Finch do it, it looks like a blast.

You need to do it.

The 2 driving ranges I use locally to me are both floodlit so that we can use them in the evenings

Umm you need to do it. I want to do that so bad. Even if its a par 3, I want to. Ive seen Rick Shiels and Peter Finch do it, it looks like a blast.

You need to do it.

I was going to say exactly the same, check out some of the videos on their channels where they have played both par 3 courses, and 18 holes as well in Dubai (and possibly Turkey, I can't remember)

Back