Going to the PGA Championship on Sunday......does anyone have any tips for me?

franzy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My buddy and I are driving up to Whistling Straits for the PGA Championship on Sunday. We are planning on arriving around 7 AM. My friend suggested we go to 1 and watch everyone tee off then go to 18 and watch them finish.

I would imagine that 18 is going to be difficult to get a decent seat. I just thought I would as if anyone went in 2010 and has some recommendations. What are good viewing holes? Should we bring small chairs? Any tips and advise would be greatly appreciated. We are really looking forward to Sunday. It's going to be a great day.

I've gone to several US Opens and my approach is different than most. I like to get to the 18th grandstand as soon as the gates open and stakeout a spot on the top row corner.

Yeah ah it's going to be about 4 hours before any groups come throgh. But a lot of neat stuff happens in the interim. The officials come out and cut the hole location and roll some putts to make sure it works.

Having been there several times. I'm thinking from where I see the 18 hole bleachers top row. You will have a good view of the 10th hole right behind the, so really you'd see action in two hours.
Otherw will say walk and follow groups. But that course is very difficult to walk from outside the ropes.

I was thinking the same thing about walking with a group. Tough course to walk. I saw a shot of the grandstand on 1 today. It looked really small. I guess we will play it by ear.

I like to move around. Stop and watch them tee off on a driver hole for sure, maybe a par three seat near the green if possible and then move somewhere towards 18 later.

Or from watching coverage yesterday. Just find a nice but let and put a blanket down.

Apparently they will have to play out your butt cheek impression.

Stupidist thing I've heard.

I really love love that course but to treat all those areas where fans are allowed to walk as bunkers and not waste areas is just wrong

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing about walking with a group. Tough course to walk. I saw a shot of the grandstand on 1 today. It looked really small. I guess we will play it by ear.

We were there on Tuesday. The grandstand on 1 is pretty small, that's gonna fill up real quick.

Instead of bringing a chair , I'd bring one of those small folding tri pod seats, finding a flat spot on that course for a chair is not easy. The Grandstand on 6 , near the top is a good area, you can see a few areas of the course from there. Sitting on the hill on the west side of the 17th green was another great spot

Get out and see the course early, then make your way to a good spot on the back 9 and watch everyone roll through. 18 will be a madhouse, but I'm sure you can find somewhere to sneak a peek.

We were there on Tuesday. The grandstand on 1 is pretty small, that's gonna fill up real quick.

Instead of bringing a chair , I'd bring one of those small folding tri pod seats, finding a flat spot on that course for a chair is not easy. The Grandstand on 6 , near the top is a good area, you can see a few areas of the course from there. Sitting on the hill on the west side of the 17th green was another great spot
Having been there several times. It looks like that grandstand behind 6 green would also give a good view of the par 3 7th down to the left If you are on the far left (meaning east) side of the grandstand.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back