Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Count me in, close to Cleveland I nominate Shale, Sleepy or Pine Hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good. My vote is Pine Hills but this is a democracy. Lol

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'm good for anywhere - Never played Pine Hills or Shale creek but Sleepy Hollow is cool too. Is one less $$ than the others? Just tell me where to be & when:D

I'm good for anywhere - Never played Pine Hills or Shale creek but Sleepy Hollow is cool too. Is one less $$ than the others? Just tell me where to be & when:D

Sleepy Hollow will be the cheapest for sure, I think shale and pine hills are around the same price but don't know for sure.

It's literally amazing. I had just changed albums and had I not looked up I would have been toast.

I run where I can see traffic and rarely run on the side off the road. Got boring running circles and ventured off the side walk. That won't be happening again. Nope no plate.

You and me both. Thanks guys.

Yikes! close call.

Now you know why having a teenager driving around is 100 times scarier now than back in the day: 'cause EVERYONE is texting & driving (or at least driving distracted). It's a nightmare - and my kids are both good drivers.

Heal up fast Matt! "R.I.C.E, R.I.C.E., baby!"

Yikes! close call.

Now you know why having a teenager driving around is 100 times scarier now than back in the day: 'cause EVERYONE is texting & driving (or at least driving distracted). It's a nightmare - and my kids are both good drivers.

Heal up fast Matt! "R.I.C.E, R.I.C.E., baby!"
I can't even imagine how much more of an issue of me driving as a teenager would have been between texting and cell phone cameras. I do miss my old Nokia with snake on it, highly underrated game imo

I've got a raincheck to use at Sleepy so I'd vote there. Still have to check with the boss here.

Sick of seeing my foot on the home page for this thread on Tapatalk! Healing up fast so I can get back to this...
e525cc6c370b300fcdb210720b562515.jpg

Ohio, indiana, Kentucky Area chat thread

I would be out for Saturday....however in for Friday. I don't have much of a desire to play Sleepy at this point but Shale or Pine

What speed do the greens at sweetbriar run normally? Just tryintg to figure out what to expect. I looked on google earth and the routing is interesting to say the least, but looks like a fun course that at least a few holes require you to think.

What speed do the greens at sweetbriar run normally? Just tryintg to figure out what to expect. I looked on google earth and the routing is interesting to say the least, but looks like a fun course that at least a few holes require you to think.
Which course are you playing again? The Sweetbriar course or the Legacy course

Ive only played there once, was hard to tell because I think we had gotten a little rain the night before and morning of, not sure what the "norm" is

Sweetbriar was really slow the other day, and wasn't too consistent. But legacy should be better. Probably roll somewhere around 8 to 10.

Sweetbriar was really slow the other day, and wasn't too consistent. But legacy should be better. Probably roll somewhere around 8 to 10.
Yep I second that one. Might play a little bit of plinko as well

Need a 4th for tomorrow at Giant Oak in Temperance at 12:30 pm. Anyone want/able to join us?

Yep I second that one. Might play a little bit of plinko as well

I'd guess they are decently better now. Sweetbriar was rolling pretty close to what they normally would. All inconsistent and slow as normal haha.

Got there a touch early so I just went out by myself and played a nice slow paced take my time 2 hr 45 min round. Greens were really slow first 9 mostly do to all sorts of dew on them. Once that went away they were decent and for the most part smoothish, and very smooth for December. Probably were rolling 8.5 but I am not a very good judge. Not fast enough to worry about it. Played super conservative lines off the tee because I had no clue on half of them so pretty much would just take 5 wood if I wasn't sure. Pretty easy course if you aren't taking on all the bunkers and stuff, think I shot 77. Going to make a basic yardage book for next time so I actually know the yardages to carry all the bunkers. Going to be playing here more next year and less Big Met. Much more of an interesting course. The other 18 one looked boring as hell though.

And then I see gunner went this morning and messaged me which I didn't see till I got home so he probably had to golf alone. =(
Got to remember to check messages, total dick move on my part.

So Sleepy on Saturday?

how much is sleepy?

in December? these places are funny

No kidding. I think they just dropped to fall rates and never change until they close

in December? these places are funny

Few courses around here still show full prices on the web sites but when I called they are cheaper than golfnow or golf18.

Let's get something booked for Saturday. Sleepy Hollow sounds like the course.

So far it's

Gunner
Hickerad(needs early?)
Grins
Captaincaution
Cbaker2882
mikedean441(after 11?)
Robman7(mike says maybe)

Anyone else? I am good anytime, so just need to figure out what time works for both Mike and Andrew, or who to leave out. (Sorry Hickerad, we have to lobby for regional rivalry brownie points)

Back