Calling all Carolinians

That would be cool. When will you need to know? I have a 9-12 page paper to write by Sunday night, so not sure if I'll be in a good place by Saturday.

I'm writing my thesis.... Suck it up buttercup.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I may be able to pull that off. My game is a disaster right now though.

You know that doesn't matter, dude. If we can make it happen, it's going to be fun.

That would be cool. When will you need to know? I have a 9-12 page paper to write by Sunday night, so not sure if I'll be in a good place by Saturday.

No rush. I have to check with work.

What time would work for you all?

I'm good anytime

I'm good anytime

Same here. I will call tomorrow to get a time, but wait til the afternoon in case anyone else wants to join.

Same here. I'll try to kick this paper's butt tonight and let you know tomorrow. :)

I'm good anytime

haha, that will be me next semester. capstone for the UMUC grad degree.

I'm writing my thesis.... Suck it up buttercup.

Finally going to get back out and play 18 after a couple months off. Hope this shoulder holds up.

I made the tee time for noon. That was the first available. If that doesn't work, let me know.

Your house get any damage?

The back nine at CCSC will be closed for a while. Apparently the creek overflowed and some of the holes are still under water with 17 being damaged pretty good. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for us to get it back open and fixed soon.
Fortunately not. Well, shouldn't say that because I still haven't been underneath the house but I'm 99% sure it all ended well for us. DCC is back up and running. A bit soggy in places, but otherwise it's still in good shape. Bummer about CCSC, though I'm sure you guys will get it back up soon!

Finally going to get back out and play 18 after a couple months off. Hope this shoulder holds up.
We need to get up!!

Fortunately not. Well, shouldn't say that because I still haven't been underneath the house but I'm 99% sure it all ended well for us. DCC is back up and running. A bit soggy in places, but otherwise it's still in good shape. Bummer about CCSC, though I'm sure you guys will get it back up soon!

They did a miraculous job getting it back up, I think they're planning on opening the back 9 tomorrow, with a bit of change for the last two holes. Fairway of 17 is washed out, but the green is fine, so 18 will be played from the tips and play as a par 5 at #17, #18 will be a temp tee box played back onto the island, and then over to the normal 17th green (which was fine) as modified #18. Our grounds crew is just spectacular, as wet as the course is, it still looks picture perfect.

They did a miraculous job getting it back up, I think they're planning on opening the back 9 tomorrow, with a bit of change for the last two holes. Fairway of 17 is washed out, but the green is fine, so 18 will be played from the tips and play as a par 5 at #17, #18 will be a temp tee box played back onto the island, and then over to the normal 17th green (which was fine) as modified #18. Our grounds crew is just spectacular, as wet as the course is, it still looks picture perfect.
Interesting setup. #17 has always kicked my rear ... doesn't sound like it'll be much easier this way! LOL.

I always hated the overgrown tree on the corner of 17. You have to hit a super long drive down the left side of a reasonably narrow fairway, then hit one hell of a cut shot with a long iron/hybrid to get on the green in 2. I've done it once. I'm going to lose a lot on 18 now. The tees will only be 20 yards back, but I'll lose ~100 yards since I won't be able to carry across the lake anymore.

A little bump to see if anyone else has some interest in playing Cape Fear National this Saturday at noon.

A little bump to see if anyone else has some interest in playing Cape Fear National this Saturday at noon.
Dang it, wish I could swing it. Wife has a work function on Saturday, so it's me and the bubster running roughshod through Florence that day.

Dang it, wish I could swing it. Wife has a work function on Saturday, so it's me and the bubster running roughshod through Florence that day.

No worries. That was me this past weekend. Hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

Hey all - I am going to be down in the Raleigh/Durham area for the Halloween weekend visiting a couple of friends in the area. We are talking about playing Friday (10/30) and Sunday (11/1) of that weekend. It is a couple of weeks away, but wanted to check to see if anyone would be interested in teeing it up either of those days.

Hey all - I am going to be down in the Raleigh/Durham area for the Halloween weekend visiting a couple of friends in the area. We are talking about playing Friday (10/30) and Sunday (11/1) of that weekend. It is a couple of weeks away, but wanted to check to see if anyone would be interested in teeing it up either of those days.

Wish I could, but I have too much going on that weekend.

Where are you planning on playing?

Where are you planning on playing?
Not 100% at this point. My buddy is in charge of making the tee times and with his connections in the area, he tends to call around at the last minute to see what is available.

I can let you know more early next week.

Wish I could, but I have too much going on that weekend.
Had a feeling that it would be a tough weekend for people, but figured it was worth throwing out there.

Any of the Ashville peeps around this weekend? If yes, may I borrow your laptop for 30 minutes? Driving out here from Raleigh, my car went into limp mode and I'd like to scan it (I have the diagnostic cable) before driving back to make sure nothing is really wrong.

So I may have found out what was wrong... The particulate filter could be cracked somewhere. Much dislike for all the crazy emissions equipment on these new cars. :(
Any of the Ashville peeps around this weekend? If yes, may I borrow your laptop for 30 minutes? Driving out here from Raleigh, my car went into limp mode and I'd like to scan it (I have the diagnostic cable) before driving back to make sure nothing is really wrong.

Back