How to prevent further crown damage?

Weezy

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I had a quick question that I knew some of you guys may be able to answer for me!

I have a Adams Redline 460 driver that has some chips on the composite crown and a pretty nice quarter sized dent on the heel of the sole due to a little mishap by my 3 year old nephew haha! He was trying to put his 7 iron in uncle Kota's bag when my bag fell over onto my driver sitting on the ground on my divot tool. I didn't have my head cover on it (stupid me) as we were at the driving range and I had just just used it.

Anyways, long story short the top had two nice chips on it, and after I decided to hit a few more balls with it, the chipping actually got worse. Is there anything that I can put on it to stop or reduce the continuance of the cracking? Also, I didn't notice much of a difference when I hit it with the dent in the back, even though its a pretty good sized one! I was VERY surprised that such a dent would be caused, but I'm assuming one of my irons hit it.

I can't really afford to grab a new driver right now due to college, so I'm wanting this guy to last me a little longer! haha

I can upload pics of it later on to see if you guys think it could cause some performance problems!

Thank you all in advance!

Try the site for Big Wigz Skins. It has held up on my driver extremely well. I believe it was only $13 bucks and I am sure it wont hurt it anymore than it already is damaged.

PUP works. I got some at Dicks for $5. It's just clear adhesive that you apply on the club. Can use a Sharpie to fill in the chips.

Headcover's do a really good job at protecting the crowns on drivers......at least they have for me :glasses-cool:

Thanks for the reply guys! I will look into both for sure, I was heart broken to see it happen! But, it was just an accident and little man was more upset than I was! So, we just got an extra bucket of balls to cheer him up!

Yeah Hoosier I was thinking the same thing, I should have had it on but that was the last thing that I would have thought would happen.. but that is how my luck goes haha! I was going back and fourth with clubs trying to smooth the swing, but from now on, I will be putting the cover on it after every single shot even on the range! :banghead:

Thanks for the reply guys! I will look into both for sure, I was heart broken to see it happen! But, it was just an accident and little man was more upset than I was! So, we just got an extra bucket of balls to cheer him up!

Yeah Hoosier I was thinking the same thing, I should have had it on but that was the last thing that I would have thought would happen.. but that is how my luck goes haha! I was going back and fourth with clubs trying to smooth the swing, but from now on, I will be putting the cover on it after every single shot even on the range! :banghead:

Yep. I wasn't trying to be a SA, but when I put down my clubs, the headcover goes on.

I've wondered about these. Does anybody have an opinion as to whether these skinz will affect head weight, airflow, etc. I know it will be miniscule, but in this age of Lamborghini and Callaway telling us that they're building finely tuned fighter jets for drivers, I question whether we should do anything to alter the dynamics.

Probably they do Flood. But, I think only robots and pros would notice.

Yep. I wasn't trying to be a SA, but when I put down my clubs, the headcover goes on.

I know Hoosier! I told my big brother (my nephews dad) about it, and he said if I'm that careless I don't need to babysit his little one lol! He was just kidding, but I told him it's not me babysitting him, he's babysitting me! When my lady is not around to do it, my nephews do a pretty good job ha ha!

Flooder I was wondering the same day.. even though they probably hardly weigh anything, I was wondering how airflow was affected! Clam, have you not noticed much difference?

Back