Lining up tee shots

Golfin Rev

Reaction score
Handicap
I went out to play a few practice holes last night. On a whim, I decided to line up the ball on the tee so the line was pointing to my aim point. I didn't miss a single fairway. Anyone else try this? And, is it even legal?

I do it when I'm having trouble lining up, but unfortunately it doesn't stop my slice so I still miss the fairway LOL

I went out to play a few practice holes last night. On a whim, I decided to line up the ball on the tee so the line was pointing to my aim point. I didn't miss a single fairway. Anyone else try this? And, is it even legal?
Never really thought about this but I'll have to give it a try

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sure it's legal. They wouldn't let you do it on putts otherwise.

I've never done this because I never thought it would help me that much. I will give it a try tomorrow since I will be out practicing all day.

Here's how I think it helped me:

1. Helped me focus on the target
2. Helped me have proper alignment
3. Helped me trust the shot

Would love to see how others do with this

Here's how I think it helped me:

1. Helped me focus on the target
2. Helped me have proper alignment
3. Helped me trust the shot

Would love to see how others do with this
It will be a week before I can get back out but I'm definitely gonna try this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Totally legal ! As for me I line up the logo so it's square to my face wherever I need to aim and I found it helped a lot as well when I don't hook it xp

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

as long as you can't see the line at address with the ball teed

Been doing this for years. Has really helped with my alignment. Every tee shot, including par 3's I line it up.

This is interesting, I have never tried it. I don't use the marker line for my putts either. I've always put the ball down with logo square to face and line down so I'm not distracted by logos, I've liked seeing all white. But, I will try this for a bit.

I always line it up. It doesn't always help, but it definitely gives me something to concentrate on.

Yes it is. I do it every time. I need all the help I can get.

I do it with every tee shot!

Definitely legal

I find my target then find a spot 5 ft in front of the ball on that line and aim at that then hit - it's what I've been working on - has helped when shot is executed doesn't matter on bad swings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely legal

I find my target then find a spot 5 ft in front of the ball on that line and aim at that then hit

That's what I do and end up hitting most fairways

I do this all the time and thought others did it too.

I do this putting, never tried this on the tee box.

I do this for every putt... but it never really occurred to me to try this on the tee. Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend.

Back