2015 THP Invitational at Prairie Highlands - Kansas City Area

If I had a time machine, I would go back to last night and double up on the burnt ends.

Just got an update from the PH App they have.

$30 bucks today after 1PM. THEY ARE OFF THE PATHS TODAY!

Where the heck was the second part of that update yesterday?

Can't find the travel thread in taptalk, so I'll post here.

Made it back to Atlanta. I'll pay at the office for this weekend for the next week or so, but it will be well worth it.

Very good to see old faces and meet some new ones.

Get off my lawn...it's too long of a drive and hard enough after this great weekend...
e78a1f032ff62621ee1af437088d5952.jpg

Can't find the travel thread in taptalk, so I'll post here.

Made it back to Atlanta. I'll pay at the office for this weekend for the next week or so, but it will be well worth it.

Very good to see old faces and meet some new ones.

Miss you already Seth

Sitting in the airport with Spivey, enjoying a cold beer and a last taste of BBQ (I already know it won't touch what we had last night - soooo good).

Quick shout outs before I get on the plane...

Ken, you are one helluva good partner. Picked me up when I had a bad hole, and hope I did the same for you. Was a pleasure playing another round with you. Don't doubt that you'll get another solid shot at HOF #5 very, very soon. Hope I can pull off a Savannah visit next month.

Taylor and Mike: Had a blast playing with you guys. Mike's smooth swing and Taylor unleashing violence on a golf ball. More than that, though, we had some laughs and enjoyed the day.

To my roomie, Spivey, it really was great getting to know you better. Heck of a 19 HC golfer and just a genuinely good person.

To all the #144 Periscope participants; had a great time hanging out at the end of the day, winding down, and enjoying some beverages. Hopefully, the overnight mediation between Spivey and Jank yields some interesting action for The Open Championship. Was a tough negotiation.

More later...

I had so much fun this weekend, it was a reminder for me of why THP events are always tops for me. I loved every second of it, good groups, great people, a great city. Yes.

After getting home and getting a much needed nap, I wanted to get some thoughts down about this fantastic weekend.

When this event was announced, I was super excited because it was easily driveable for me, and I really wanted in, but then about everyone and their dog entered to get in and I was wait listed and my heart sank. With about 20 people on the wait list, I thought there was no way enough people would drop to get me a shot at this, little did I know that the wait list pays off and we ended up actually being 2 under capacity. After getting in, I decided to come down Thursday after work and join a big group at top golf, and I'm glad I did. It was my first time at top golf, and it was a ton of fun. I can see why that place is so busy, and can't even imagine how much money they make. I got to meet some new people, have a ton of fun, and BEAT SETH AT TOP GOLF!! (He might have beat me by like 5000 in the first game, but I squeaked out a W in the 2nd).

After top golf, we headed back to the hotel where a few friends joined Ken and I in our room for some drinks, and some great conversation. The evening got a little late, but when you're with THPers, it's a shame to go to bed early and miss out on great times. The next morning was an early one to get to deer creek for our early tee time. Met more THPers, and had a ton of fun in both rounds, even the CPO second round. A few noteable points: meeting and getting to play with Rob, Erky, and Daddio was a ton of fun, until I offered to help Erky with some match play and then he gets on a birdie train and summarily beats me 3 and 1. Getting to play with James and Hawk for the first time was a TON of fun, and I am really looking forward to working hard for James in the Grandaddy. I got another 1 of my dollars back from Mike G, but lost a dollar to James when I hit my shot to 5 feet and he steps on me by hitting his to 5 inches. A HUGE thanks to Kyle for organizing the Friday rounds, and dealing with all of the change requests.

After the round, we got cleaned up and had a few drinks before heading to Dave and Buster's, which was my first time ever being there. That place was CRAZY busy, but it took me back to my childhood with all the video games. It turns out I'm as bad at golden tee as I am at real golf... At about 10:30 Ken and I left and got some steak and shake for dinner, and each had a steak burger and a shake. Went back to the hotel for more drinks and talking and another late night.

More to come later.

After getting home and getting a much needed nap, I wanted to get some thoughts down about this fantastic weekend.

When this event was announced, I was super excited because it was easily driveable for me, and I really wanted in, but then about everyone and their dog entered to get in and I was wait listed and my heart sank. With about 20 people on the wait list, I thought there was no way enough people would drop to get me a shot at this, little did I know that the wait list pays off and we ended up actually being 2 under capacity. After getting in, I decided to come down Thursday after work and join a big group at top golf, and I'm glad I did. It was my first time at top golf, and it was a ton of fun. I can see why that place is so busy, and can't even imagine how much money they make. I got to meet some new people, have a ton of fun, and BEAT SETH AT TOP GOLF!! (He might have beat me by like 5000 in the first game, but I squeaked out a W in the 2nd).

After top golf, we headed back to the hotel where a few friends joined Ken and I in our room for some drinks, and some great conversation. The evening got a little late, but when you're with THPers, it's a shame to go to bed early and miss out on great times. The next morning was an early one to get to deer creek for our early tee time. Met more THPers, and had a ton of fun in both rounds, even the CPO second round. A few noteable points: meeting and getting to play with Rob, Erky, and Daddio was a ton of fun, until I offered to help Erky with some match play and then he gets on a birdie train and summarily beats me 3 and 1. Getting to play with James and Hawk for the first time was a TON of fun, and I am really looking forward to working hard for James in the Grandaddy. I got another 1 of my dollars back from Mike G, but lost a dollar to James when I hit my shot to 5 feet and he steps on me by hitting his to 5 inches. A HUGE thanks to Kyle for organizing the Friday rounds, and dealing with all of the change requests.

After the round, we got cleaned up and had a few drinks before heading to Dave and Buster's, which was my first time ever being there. That place was CRAZY busy, but it took me back to my childhood with all the video games. It turns out I'm as bad at golden tee as I am at real golf... At about 10:30 Ken and I left and got some steak and shake for dinner, and each had a steak burger and a shake. Went back to the hotel for more drinks and talking and another late night.

More to come later.
1a990fce30d28890b57665d7bc1c85f1.jpg

Who's your captain?

LOL!

I had so much fun my friend, even with the golf not being the best that second round for us, it was a hoot. I enjoyed it immensely.

Made it back to St. Louis and already want to go to my next THp event. What a great weekend and it was exciting to put some faces to names and meet everyone.

Made it back to St. Louis and already want to go to my next THp event. What a great weekend and it was exciting to put some faces to names and meet everyone.

Glad you had fun. Single day events can be a blast. Still a couple of Midwest events to go this year.

I had such a good time in Kansas City I will have a good recap in a day or two. Just a quick shout out to McRock thank you for driving me around all weekend and give me a glimpse into your legacy journey. I want to also thank THP for a great time and a great course. More to come later.

Good times and thanks to all that put the KC Invitational together.

No giant recap, but a few things of note.

-Arthur Bryant's is really good. Joe's is really good. Joe's Burnt Ends are from another world. I would make babies with those crusty brown nuggets.

-Managed to actually sleep well and not wake up with a day-wrecking hangover for the entire weekend. There's a first time for everything.

-Spivey is the best 26 handicap on the planet.

-CPO can officially suck it. Regardless, for the summer that area has had, Prairie Highlands was in good shape.

-Dave and Busters was a good time. I am the claw game champion.

-I think Spivey and I would have competed in a scramble.

-If you saw me hit a driver this weekend, my apologies.

-Thank god I can roll a putt.

-Lots of laughs. Lots and lots of laughs.

Oh, and I tried to stop and say hi to everybody that came. If I missed you, my apologies. Nice to see a lot of new faces.

Oh, and I tried to stop and say hi to everybody that came. If I missed you, my apologies. Nice to see a lot of new faces.
You did introduce yourself to me, and as a n00b to this site and a THP event, I appreciate it.

So much fun, can't wait to put my final thoughts together later today. What an amazing weekend!

Thanks to Josh, Morgan, Mike, Taylor and Mike for some fun, fun, fun!!!

I will have a recap later, but I just wanted to thank everyone for a great time. Icey, thanks for setting up Top Golf and the Deer Creek round. I know that stuff is not easy. Josh, Morgan, Mike, Taylor, the event was great. I said it before, and I will say it again: This combination of course and food was phenomenal.

To the rest of THP, it seems like there weren't as many live updates as normal. I am guilty of zero while on the course. I think this was primarily due to the course being cart path only (and hilly), and people being distracted with grabbing 2 or 3 clubs and walking to their balls all day. I am not sure how much rain that course took, but it was in pretty good shape considering what I was seeing in fields and yards in the days leading up to the event.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in setting everything up for this great weekend I just had. JB, Morgan, Mike, Taylor and Bridgestone. I always have a good time seeing friends along with meeting new people and making new friends. Conditions were a little tough but the course was nice. Looking who my partner was I was excited as I had been playing some good golf lately, for me, and I thought we could make a run at it. But it was not to be as my game faltered on the weekend. Jman did his best to carry me but I was a little to heavy. Ryan did come to give me some medicine on a couple of holes and it started to work but it was late in the round before it took affect and it was to late by then. Congrats to the champs, it was a tough field to beat and my hat's off to them. The dinner was fantastic and the company was even better. All in all it was another great weekend with the THP family I have come to love over the years hear. If you have never been to an event, stop waiting, it is well worth it!!!

Left Hawk off the list, but thanks Hawk for helping also. One more thing, I love the opening tee shot!:D

Last edited:

My recap and some random thoughts:

- Thank you to Josh, Morgan, MikeDean, Taylor and anyone else who had a hand in setting up this event. As always at THP events, everything went off without a hitch and while we cant control mother nature, we can control having a good time and we all succeeded at that. It was fun to catch up with old friends and put some faces to forum names. I hope I got around to say hello to everyone and if I didn't my apologies, but as you can see the room gets going with conversations and the next thing you know its time for bed and do it all over again the next day.

- To my partner Taylor, 1/2 of #TeamHighCrown, I'm not saying I'm sorry because you know that's not what we do, but I let you down. I was pressing early because I wanted this HOF tag real bad & fell short of delivering. I had a few things on the brain that I should have put to the side and concentrated better, but I didn't and that's on me. We did find our groove, but it was 6 holes too late and watching v.man & rambler ham & egg all over the course we knew who the winning team was. I'm encouraged because we both showed down the stretch we are a dangerous pairing & I wouldn't hesitate to team up with you again dude! #FirstInFun!!

- I want to be Hawk cool when I grow up

- I enjoy the excitement that surrounds the first tee at THP events & practice rounds

- Having THP'ers comment on how smooth my swing is makes me realize all the hard work I've put in is paying off

- I still have $8 of NebGolfer's money

- Jman is a show off on par 3's :act-up:

- Seth is slowly working on that a emoticon game & will soon be untouchable because he will be on when he dials it in

- Normal people take Advil/Aleve when they hurt or are sore, AFWCardinal just take shots of FireBall

- Oh hey look, v.man hit another fairway

- Icey's scripting game is on point! I approve sir and we need to tee it up together next time!

- THP'ers and their generosity never ceases to amaze me

- Nate is no longer "Big Time", he is now forever known as "Clyde The Glyde"

- Periscoping from a hotel room full of THP'ers is comedy gold and should be a requirement for all future events

- Jman & I win the late night Jack In The Box food game. Munchie Meals rock & there is a meme floating around to prove I'm #Winning

- Burnt Ends quite possibly be the best thing I've eaten in a long time. Well done KC.

- I'm still pretty good at Golden Tee

- CPO can suck it even though it happened on three fantastic tracks

- Note to Verizon, fix the cellular service/coverage and we would have blown up this thread with pictures during the live rounds

- I could listen to Spivey and Jank negotiate terms on anything all night long

- Speaking of Jank, man I'm glad I'm married and have responsibilities. If I was single we could get into a ton of trouble because he could literally talk me into anything and make it sound like it was the best thing to do since sliced bread

- Someone send the memo to KC drivers, its ok to drive over the speed limit on freeways

- Rambler is going to be a handful for someone down in Myrtle Beach for #Legacy

- We never found the "Nice Denny's"

- Got out of town shooting an 83 on Sunday, day late and a dollar short. The story of my life

- How Taylor can forget that monstrosity he calls a wallet is beyond me

I had a blast KC!!

My recap and some random thoughts:

- Thank you to Josh, Morgan, MikeDean, Taylor and anyone else who had a hand in setting up this event. As always at THP events, everything went off without a hitch and while we cant control mother nature, we can control having a good time and we all succeeded at that. It was fun to catch up with old friends and put some faces to forum names. I hope I got around to say hello to everyone and if I didn't my apologies, but as you can see the room gets going with conversations and the next thing you know its time for bed and do it all over again the next day.

- To my partner Taylor, 1/2 of #TeamHighCrown, I'm not saying I'm sorry because you know that's not what we do, but I let you down. I was pressing early because I wanted this HOF tag real bad & fell short of delivering. I had a few things on the brain that I should have put to the side and concentrated better, but I didn't and that's on me. We did find our groove, but it was 6 holes too late and watching v.man & rambler ham & egg all over the course we knew who the winning team was. I'm encouraged because we both showed down the stretch we are a dangerous pairing & I wouldn't hesitate to team up with you again dude! #FirstInFun!!

- I want to be Hawk cool when I grow up

- I enjoy the excitement that surrounds the first tee at THP events & practice rounds

- Having THP'ers comment on how smooth my swing is makes me realize all the hard work I've put in is paying off

- I still have $8 of NebGolfer's money

- Jman is a show off on par 3's :act-up:

- Seth is slowly working on that a emoticon game & will soon be untouchable because he will be on when he dials it in

- Normal people take Advil/Aleve when they hurt or are sore, AFWCardinal just take shots of FireBall

- Oh hey look, v.man hit another fairway

- Icey's scripting game is on point! I approve sir and we need to tee it up together next time!

- THP'ers and their generosity never ceases to amaze me

- Nate is no longer "Big Time", he is now forever known as "Clyde The Glyde"

- Periscoping from a hotel room full of THP'ers is comedy gold and should be a requirement for all future events

- Jman & I win the late night Jack In The Box food game. Munchie Meals rock & there is a meme floating around to prove I'm #Winning

- Burnt Ends quite possibly be the best thing I've eaten in a long time. Well done KC.

- I'm still pretty good at Golden Tee

- CPO can suck it even though it happened on three fantastic tracks

- Note to Verizon, fix the cellular service/coverage and we would have blown up this thread with pictures during the live rounds

- I could listen to Spivey and Jank negotiate terms on anything all night long

- Speaking of Jank, man I'm glad I'm married and have responsibilities. If I was single we could get into a ton of trouble because he could literally talk me into anything and make it sound like it was the best thing to do since sliced bread

- Someone send the memo to KC drivers, its ok to drive over the speed limit on freeways

- Rambler is going to be a handful for someone down in Myrtle Beach for #Legacy

- We never found the "Nice Denny's"

- Got out of town shooting an 83 on Sunday, day late and a dollar short. The story of my life

- How Taylor can forget that monstrosity he calls a wallet is beyond me

I had a blast KC!!
You think you have 8 of my dollars, but I actually just reserved at least 8 more rounds with you at sometime in the future, and that's a good investment if you ask me. Always a ton of fun being around you, man. I wish I was 10% as cool as you, but we can't all have our laces match our shirts.

Sad I had to miss this, sounds like everyone had a great time.

hahaha MikeG!!!

Loved it dude. I would be your partner anyday. I think we could have made it close if we found our swings a little earlier. Never apologize, I sucked something horrible for the first few holes as well.

As for my wallet, it is a little past time to replace it, but glad Ken found it.

Recap coming later.

great recap and thoughts Mike. I'm wrapping up time with my sister and brother this morning.

I'll have some thoughts later tonight from the airport.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

hahaha MikeG!!!

Loved it dude. I would be your partner anyday. I think we could have made it close if we found our swings a little earlier. Never apologize, I sucked something horrible for the first few holes as well.

As for my wallet, it is a little past time to replace it, but glad Ken found it.

Recap coming later.

Damnit why won't my meme work !

Oh well

http://youtu.be/2fWr6CBARMw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back