Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I'm unfamiliar with the term, but I have seen it mentioned here a handful of times. Can someone explain it to me?

Is it similar to tennis elbow?

I have been having a bit of pain in my right elbow after rounds lately, but have written it off as stiffness.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It's simply tendinitis. Forgive my non-medical explanation, but here goes: "Tennis elbow" is when the pain is on the outside of your elbow and hurts when you contract your forearm muscle that is connected to that tendon. "Golfers elbow" is when the pain is located on the inside of the elbow and hurts when you contract the muscle that particular tendon connects to.

I'm unfamiliar with the term, but I have seen it mentioned here a handful of times. Can someone explain it to me?

I have been having a bit of pain in my right elbow after rounds lately, but have written it off as stiffness.

Golfers elbow is I believe on the inside of the elbow, while tennis elbow is on the outside of the elbow.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/golfers-elbow/basics/definition/con-20027964

I had tennis elbow in my lead arm, but switched to graphite shafts and made some swing improvements and with some rest it went away very quickly. Many others have not been so lucky.

Golfers elbow is on inside, tennis outside. I had tennis elbow 3 years ago after hitting a buried root on a full iron shot.. Severe pain, I couldn't turn a door knob or pick up a cup of coffee. Ended up getting a cortisone shot after 2 weeks of agony. Still will get a little tender after 36 in a day but relatively pain free.

This story is completely anecdotal and not an endorsement of any product or to be taken as medical advise. :glasses-nerdy:

I had this, in my right elbow. It sucked.... I would not hit balls between rounds because of it. AdamW238 hooked me up with a set of recoils and it went away. I hit tons of balls but only use my set with the recoils to do so.

Not sure if it was only the Recoils or just my body healing but I have not had any right elbow pain since about 3 months after switching to the Recoils.

I had tennis elbow in both elbows last winter and spring for the first time in my life and thought it was related to golf but in hindsight it must have been something else as it began when I was not playing or practicing golf. It started to heal when I was hitting lots of balls last summer but persisted for 3-4 months during a period where I wasn't hitting any balls and only playing once per month. It has not returned this spring even with hitting 500+ balls a week recently. My middle aged joints are hard to predict recently.

I've had what I believe is golfers elbow for about a year now. Luckily, I rarely affects me during game play when I'm warmed up. Usually bothers me at night after golfing previously.

I normally take an Aleve before I play and never have issues.

So the pain I'm experiencing is on the outside of my right elbow (RH player) on what I believe is the common extensor tendon.

It is a very mild, but sharp pain that is not constant.

So the pain I'm experiencing is on the outside of my right elbow (RH player) on what I believe is the common extensor tendon.

It is a very mild, but sharp pain that is not consistent.

Then you are experiencing tennis elbow. I had the same thing a couple years ago. I was holding off the release of the club (huge over the top move and hold the face open to hit a weak slice instead of pulling the ball into my left shin). Some lessons and switching to graphite shafts and I think I have experienced a couple minor aches but nothing to be concerned about.

In the right arm (if I remember correctly you are a right handed golfer) not sure what the cause would be, but I am not a doctor or any type of medical professional. Might have someone take a look at your swing to see if it might be something mechanical that is making the issue pop up.

Then you are experiencing tennis elbow. I had the same thing a couple years ago. I was holding off the release of the club (huge over the top move and hold the face open to hit a weak slice instead of pulling the ball into my left shin). Some lessons and switching to graphite shafts and I think I have experienced a couple minor aches but nothing to be concerned about.

In the right arm (if I remember correctly you are a right handed golfer) not sure what the cause would be, but I am not a doctor or any type of medical professional. Might have someone take a look at your swing to see if it might be something mechanical that is making the issue pop up.

Very interesting. In the last few weeks I have been leaving the face open, and I'm not really sure where the swing change came from, but I wonder if I correct it, the pain might subside.....

Very interesting. In the last few weeks I have been leaving the face open, and I'm not really sure where the swing change came from, but I wonder if I correct it, the pain might subside.....

It worked for me, but also some rest and icing. The change to graphite might not have been necessary but I don't regret it at all (except when I look at pricing new clubs).

I do reiterate that this is in no way a professional opinion, just what worked for me personally so please take it for what it is worth.

I had tennis elbow two years ago that lasted for a year. Quite painful and aggravating, but it can be managed some.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone has used a brace or compression sleeve to help alleviate the symptoms while playing.

I wear a brace when playing. Golfers elbow on my right arm (LH golfer). It helps a lot.

I don't know if anyone has used a brace or compression sleeve to help alleviate the symptoms while playing.

A buddy of mine has "Golfer's Elbow", and swears by the compression sleeve he wears. Says it really helps him a lot.

Use KT tape when playing and maybe keep it on for awhile after the round. I did this in 2014 during the summer. By the fall my pain was gone

A buddy of mine has "Golfer's Elbow", and swears by the compression sleeve he wears. Says it really helps him a lot.

The potential problem would be a possible heat rash from sweating and having the sleeve on for a extended period of time. I use a knee brace when I play and experienced heat rash in the past.

Weird. I've been having this exact issue for the last two weeks.

Go to a chiropractor. I dealt with mine for months and had my guy crack it and haven't had a problem since.

I tried using a brace, tried a commission sleeve, alieve, even tried a few shots of fireball before rounds, nothing helped.
The arm usually worked somewhat ok after the front 9. Always thought it was from all of the above finally kicking in good. Was probably more like the tendon warmed up/ stretched out enough to not cause any pain.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I had a touch of it a few years ago but now that i have kids and less time at the range it seems to be gone

I know how to "cure" it. But it takes some work and hurts. Nobody listens to me. I've had it and it can be gone in about 10-14 days.

Chiropractor took care of mine, but still wear a compression sleeve when playing.

Back