Does Waggling Bother You?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Watching Blair at the Sony Open, and thinking about some of my playing partners weird habits, it made me think about how it can get a bit annoying to watch an intentional waggle as part of a pre-shot routine.

Does it bother you guys? Do you look the other way to distract? Does watching it on tour annoy you? Are you guilty of pointless waggles yourself?

I waggle.

gifs_201.gif

As long as it doesn't go on for way too long I couldn't care less what you're doing pre-shot. It's all a timing thing. If you take too long pre-shot, I'll probably get annoyed. I don't care if it's standing still or waggling.

I have an annoying waggle and an annoying pre-shot routine.

Nope doesnt bother me i got my own game to worry about

I waggle one or two times to relax the muscle's. I could care less what you do, just do it and hit.

Nope doesnt bother me i got my own game to worry about

You are like the opposite of waggling when people stand behind you cracking jokes while you're trying to hit haha #StiffAsABoard

Waggles don't bother me as much as watching someone take what seems like 100 practice swings.

Nope I'm a waggler.

Nah stuff like that doesn't get to me.

No could care less.

As long as it isn't crazy (6-7-8-9-+) then I'm OK with it.

Some of these dudes on tour though, YEESH!

I'm a waggler too. Doesn't bother me at all. Now, if it turns into the cha, cha, cha....... Well.......

JM

I get pretty twitchy some times and takes a bit to pull the trigger which is probably annoying.

I don't mind the waggle as much as the guys who just freeze up before they hit. There was one guy I played with who would waggle for a few seconds, get back to address and be still for a good 15-20 Mississippi. I started clocking him on my phone one round and it was about 35 seconds from address to when he would swing.

I don't think I could hit a good shot after being that motionless.

Waggling doesn't bother me. The four or five practice swings kills me.

Doesn't bother me at all. I waggle a bit. I was working a college tournament, and one kid took forever. Like worst I have ever seen. It was like he would get behind the ball as if he's about about to swing, step back wave his left hand as though he was throwing a ball and reading a green in the middle of the fairway, then step up and think about hitting it again, and do that over and over again, sometimes 6 or 7 times before he actually hit the damn ball.

Waggles don't, but I have a buddy that does 6-7 pumps, and yes he needs to get a room some days.

not really. I'm on record as saying Blair bothers me, but just because it's too long and too excessive. like Keegan.

I get a lot more bothered by what people do in MY swing. and I get bothered by what people do after their swing. throwing clubs, slamming clubs into objects, taking massive divots in anger, making 16 practice swings after they mishit something, or talk incessantly about the shot they just hit including everything that went wrong and why it wasn't their fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I waggle. It doesnt bother me if others do or not.

Watching Zac Blair in the Sony Open he's got he waggles and then the random twitches while at address. It must work for him though since he's playing with the big boys!

Yup, it bothers me.

Back