Golf Cart Buyers Guide

Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Reaction score
I am going to be in the market for my first golf cart here shortly. Other than using them occasionally, I really know almost nothing about the ownership or maintenance of one. Looking for whatever tips you can give me. It will be used for golf primarily but also as a people mover on occasion. I really wanted a Polaris Breeze but they are no longer made, hard to find, and parts would be tough to get.

Is there one brand that stands out over the rest?
Gas vs. Electric?
Ok to buy one that has spent it's first life as a golf course work horse?

Heres my sort of tip. Gas and electric cost the same to maintain. Its just that with electric, it all comes at once after 5-6 years when you have to replace the batteries.

If you are people hauling, id probably get gas.

~Rock

Best of luck. I bought a used electric ezgo from a private seller a little over a year ago and have absolutely loved it. Routine maintenance is pretty simple and many of my friends on the course have had theirs over a decade.

I prefer gas but I use mine for a pit vehicle also. I would check with local course that you will use it, many of them in my area will not allow gas carts. If you do want gas and new, check out the 2017 Yamaha Drive gas. They are as quiet as a electric and beautiful carts.

A lot of clubs don't allow gas here, so definitely check with yours. I prefer electric on the course, and the newer ones are plenty fast for people moving.

Back