Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

Would you say it's accurate in at least differentiating the difference between left spin vs right spin, hook vs slice, or draw vs fade?

Absolutely! It detects things correctly, I just think it gives side spin too much impact when it calculates the ball travel.

Absolutely! It detects things correctly, I just think it gives side spin too much impact when it calculates the ball travel.

So the differentiation between a draw VS hook, or fade VS slice is not as accurate as it could be?

I also read that there is some distance discrepancy for woods and drivers for now.
But I think it's supposed to be fixed with the next software release

So the differentiation between a draw VS hook, or fade VS slice is not as accurate as it could be?

In my opinion, they overstate the effects of the spin some. But mine is just one opinion. More people seem to be concerned with losing a little distance on their drivers. I don't care about that, I just want consistency. And I will say that the results I see have always been consistent.

wondering the same thing - can you hook an ipad up to a projector?

so is simulation up and running? what is required? windows PC? also, are they going to improve upon the incredible lag between a shot and it showing up on screen? that's super annoying.

So far, I've been playing WGT on my iPad and it's been a great addition to the Skytrak range. I'm not going to go with the PC options yet. I'll look into it when two or three viable options are out in market. Too much of a guessing game for now.

The lag after hitting a shot is only 1-2 seconds for me so it's not an issue.

So far, I've been playing WGT on my iPad and it's been a great addition to the Skytrak range. I'm not going to go with the PC options yet. I'll look into it when two or three viable options are out in market. Too much of a guessing game for now.

The lag after hitting a shot is only 1-2 seconds for me so it's not an issue.

How does WGT work (things function well)? Putting a pain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting isn't that great. I'm going to mess around with the auto-putt settings next time I play. The only downside to WGT is weird angles on certain shots since it's not a 3D model; it's made up of actual pictures. For $200 year, I can't complain.

what do you mean "pc options"? are there specific packages from skytrak or can you use any PC/projector combo?

I think he is referring to e6 or TGC type options that feed into a PC.

To best play WGT with skytrak, you are better off not using a projector. As noted before not every shot is pictured straight on to the target. Most are but not all. My setup has a monitor to the side of my net. What I find the best solution is to set your aiming point in the game then don't look at it again. Focus on just hitting the ball straight ahead in line with your skytrak unit. If you have a projector just focus on hitting the dead middle of the screen. Then you'll be fine.

wondering the same thing - can you hook an ipad up to a projector?

You certainly can. They sell AV adapters. Or if you have Apple TV, you can just mirror it.

Oh My... Did not need to find this thread... There goes the wife's dream of no golf in the winter. Time to see if I can swing a driver in the basement!!!!

Oh My... Did not need to find this thread... There goes the wife's dream of no golf in the winter. Time to see if I can swing a driver in the basement!!!!

Same here ...expensive thread find… have to move an overhead shelf in the garage but looks like the SkyTrak and my NetReturn net will be a good fit, even with a driver.

Just setup and mat and net in the garage for winter practice - this could be a nice addition.

Wish that skytrak still had the special offer units in stock or any kind of promo code like they have in the past.

I keep looking around for a code or promo as well.. Black Friday??? Wishful thinking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just pulled the trigger on the SkyTrak and Net Return today. Should be here in 3 weeks.
Hopefully the TGC sim software comes out soon after that!

I just pulled the trigger on the SkyTrak and Net Return today. Should be here in 3 weeks.
Hopefully the TGC sim software comes out soon after that!

Sweet!!!

There's been delay after delay trying to integrate the The Golf Club (TGC) software with SkyTrak. Is it just wishful thinking, or is there some evidence, or event, which would make you believe that the integration has been fully completed, and it's soon to be released?

With all of the past history, having it materialize in 2015 would be very good news. My understanding is that there are a lot of people that have been patiently waiting for about a year now.

I'm also seriously considering doing the same once it's available. The good news is that you can use the SkyTrak strictly as a launch monitor until the full TGC golf simulation is ready. Hoping for the best. Cheers!

The only sim officially released is WGT. TGC is still weeks away at best. Some think e6 will end up beating TGC to launch.

Either way for me WGT is perfectly acceptable for the cost. No additional hardware required and a very reasonable fee. If you want TGC or e6 you are going to have to shell out close to $2,000 for the software and then a similar amount for a computer solid enough to play it.

Skytrak is a nice product - bought my winter setup and lacked enough room by about a foot. Not worth it if I can't complete the swing but boy am I jealous of y'all who can get this setup!

I've actually been following the thread in golfsimulatorforums and I don't expect the tgc integration to be released in 2015 since heard e6 would be released next.

In the meantime, I'll just use the launch monitor and wgt until tgc is released.

At least that will give some time for my wallet to recover before I shell out for a new computer and tgc!

Thanks for the latest updates everyone. What is the cost of the WGT software?

Thanks for the latest updates everyone. What is the cost of the WGT software?

$99 for the Skytrak game improvement program and $100 for WGT integration. This is an annual fee. The GIP is required in order to get the WGT. GIP gives you the different challenges in the Skytrak app.

Hello.. Struggling to find the discount code for the Pre-Black Frinday Package deals. Anyone know what this is? Thanks Gregg

Back