2015 Wilson Staff Tour For THPers - Staff Proto

Man I would love it if Wilson Staff had a larger presence up here. Definitely something to look forward to!

They're working on it. I mentioned the lack of W/S up here in Canada and Tim Clarke gave some interesting info on GolfTown and Golfsmith. I would say though to look for them to be appearing in more and more markets as time progresses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

re: turf interaction - I know that a lot of people who have played the D200s commented on how great turf interaction was with those irons, has anyone who's played the protos and played the D200s comment on differences/similarities between the two?

so assuming these were c200 protos they did not have holes in them correct?? they were filled in??

assuming there are no holes in these that the holes are filled in??

2015 Wilson Staff Tour For THPers - Staff Proto

Anyone who doesn't at least swing the protos when they launch is silly (or a real low handicap). Just broke 80 for the first time ever with 8 GIR. They can be worked a bit (baby draw to baby fade) but really want to go straight and high.

They stop or back up for you. Two such examples - first was a pitching wedge (pitch mark is toward the top of the photo) and the second was a five iron.

a016c967a8cd3be968f94accb3442765.jpg

3207ccd2503b7a8dfca5f2e2c4325692.jpg

Honestly, these things are the best thing that has happened to my game. After about seven rounds, gained about five yards per, shots launch very high but fight the wind well, and actually hold the greens. W/S got these right for sure and I can't thank them enough. #TheWorldIsntReadyForThisMuchChangeThisFast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad they are working for you, Molten. Like everyone else, I'm waiting just to get a look and in-hand pics. Cmon, January!

Anyone who doesn't at least swing the protos when they launch is silly (or a real low handicap). Just broke 80 for the first time ever with 8 GIR. They can be worked a bit (baby draw to baby fade) but really want to go straight and high.

They stop or back up for you. Two such examples - first was a pitching wedge (pitch mark is toward the top of the photo) and the second was a five iron.

Honestly, these things are the best thing that has happened to my game. After about seven rounds, gained about five yards per, shots launch very high but fight the wind well, and actually hold the greens. W/S got these right for sure and I can't thank them enough. #TheWorldIsntReadyForThisMuchChangeThisFast

Did you quit your day job?

Ha. No. Got some time off to use before year end.

Well you're using the time wisely! Hoping I can get out Sunday afternoon depending on weather and wife's schedule.

Ha. No. Got some time off to use before year end.

I thought lawyers weren't allowed time off?

Got in a round of 9 today with these proto irons. Again, kept driver in the bag used hybrid off tee. Lasered every approach shot just to make sure on distances. Definitely achieving great height and the distance I can get still just astounds me. A 170yd 9i (a little help from ~8-10mph wind) that held, see pic below. Mostly concentrated on hitting it solid and straight plus yielded some good spin. Starting to dial in the distances....

Got in a round of 9 today with these proto irons. Again, kept driver in the bag used hybrid off tee. Lasered every approach shot just to make sure on distances. Definitely achieving great height and the distance I can get still just astounds me. A 170yd 9i (a little help from ~8-10mph wind) that held, see pic below. Mostly concentrated on hitting it solid and straight plus yielded some good spin. Starting to dial in the distances....

No mention of the 3 putt........

No mention of the 3 putt........

Yeah....the 3 putt after that shot was difficult to swallow :curse: , but the irons did their part today.

Yeah....the 3 putt after that shot was difficult to swallow :curse: , but the irons did their part today.

They are solid.

Assuming the wrist holds up ill finally be able to get these bad boys out for some time on the range and possibly on the course.

Thus far ive hit the 8I only and loved what i saw. Really want to see what the set AW does for me and also how easy the 5I is to elevate

Assuming the wrist holds up ill finally be able to get these bad boys out for some time on the range and possibly on the course.

Thus far ive hit the 8I only and loved what i saw. Really want to see what the set AW does for me and also how easy the 5I is to elevate

I want to see you hit these. These are probably so perfect for you

I watched him throw a couple darts. They really are perfect for him

Mike Golf sounds fun, especially for this time of year in Ohiiiiiiiiiiiiio. That wrist better hold up.

Mike Golf sounds fun, especially for this time of year in Ohiiiiiiiiiiiiio. That wrist better hold up.
Hey hey its gonna be in the 70# next few days

You let me know when and I'm in

Some solid shots and congrats on the score

Yeah especially where I havent been able to put the best swings on the ball, LOVE the shafts and feels much lighter than my previous set.

I watched him throw a couple darts. They really are perfect for him

Simple game

Gotta take what I can get, might be it for a few months

Hey hey its gonna be in the 70# next few days

You let me know when and I'm in

Will do

Took these out today. Love the sound of these, a solid thawck. Ball go high too. About a club length longer with these.

Took these out today. Love the sound of these, a solid thawck. Ball go high too. About a club length longer with these.

You going to put the five iron in the bag? You have the slot for it.

You going to put the five iron in the bag? You have the slot for it.

Not now. Need one iron in pristine shape for photos. It also may be a bit much for me. The 4i works well off the tee but I don't hit it as well from the turf.

Back