Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out that I was paying $42.00 per month extra on my Direct TV package for a channel that I don't even use. Removed it today and combined my billing for my AT&T internet with Direct for an additional $5.00 off each account which will now pay for our gym membership.

What channel costs $42 a month?

What channel costs $42 a month?

Playboy and all the other channels that are not for children. :wink:

I'm wondering the same. That's crazy, $42 for one channel.

Went and had our blood drawn today so they can do the genetic testing. They took samples from my wife and I as well so they can compare and see if there any mutations or anything we may have recessive that she may have. Amazing what technology can do. Results are going to take about 3 months but at least we have some hope for now.

Went and had our blood drawn today so they can do the genetic testing. They took samples from my wife and I as well so they can compare and see if there any mutations or anything we may have recessive that she may have. Amazing what technology can do. Results are going to take about 3 months but at least we have some hope for now.
that wait is going to be torture but man it will be nice to get some answers. Hoping for the best!

I'm glad I have a job that allows me and affords me the opportunity to play golf during the week, when the course is empty.

Neat are you guys hiring I hate my job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was approached by the GM of the company and the store manager who asked me my thought of being trained as a store manager for an upcoming location. From a position standpoint it is a dream come true,logically thinking it through I am having doubts. Yes it means a huge pay increase and bonuses which are hard to pass up. But thinking about this from an economical standpoint it's Russian routete,waiting to go off. As the Canadian economy is slipping day by day and no end in sight it's not smart. Our dollar is the lowest it was been since the great depression ,an election coming up. Seeming to look like keeping the current leader who caused this. I will not go into that as that is a different topic indeed. I have always wanted to be the store manager from when I first started in their business when I was 16 years old. But this economic uncertainty worries me to be honest,maybe in a few years down the road I will pursue this but not at the moment. Since being the produce manager I have increased sales by 24%,decreased shrink by 6%. In a slower time in the year as not many people are around and on vacation that is very solid numbers. I feel confident in the position I am in now and do not wish to change it at this moment in time. Last thought,people will always need groceries but the volume is always up to chance and uncertain. As I have been in the industry for a long time I know how it works,if the store isn't producing solid sales numbers for any reason the manager is always to blame. I can help to my best ability produce solid numbers but how far are they wanting to push the envelope. That is why I had to put my answer on hold.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Let's go Blue!!!

Was approached by the GM of the company and the store manager who asked me my thought of being trained as a store manager for an upcoming location. From a position standpoint it is a dream come true,logically thinking it through I am having doubts. Yes it means a huge pay increase and bonuses which are hard to pass up. But thinking about this from an economical standpoint it's Russian routete,waiting to go off. As the Canadian economy is slipping day by day and no end in sight it's not smart. Our dollar is the lowest it was been since the great depression ,an election coming up. Seeming to look like keeping the current leader who caused this. I will not go into that as that is a different topic indeed. I have always wanted to be the store manager from when I first started in their business when I was 16 years old. But this economic uncertainty worries me to be honest,maybe in a few years down the road I will pursue this but not at the moment. Since being the produce manager I have increased sales by 24%,decreased shrink by 6%. In a slower time in the year as not many people are around and on vacation that is very solid numbers. I feel confident in the position I am in now and do not wish to change it at this moment in time. Last thought,people will always need groceries but the volume is always up to chance and uncertain. As I have been in the industry for a long time I know how it works,if the store isn't producing solid sales numbers for any reason the manager is always to blame. I keep I can to my best ability produce solid numbers but how far are they wanting to push the envelope. That is why I had to put my answer on hold.

"Opportunity knocks but once."

If you want it, go for it. The Canadian economy isn't going anywhere fast, and even if it goes south people still need their daily food.

If you want it, go for it. The Canadian economy isn't going anywhere fast, and even if it goes south people still need their daily food.
It's true Curtis,but in the past 5 years the average shopping trip has decreased by 6% and I can see that go down if Harper is elected again. I have more then 15 years experience in the field which is rare these days I will always have other times to take the throne.

I had such a great day with my Dad at TPC Boston, he had an absolute blast. We got to sit in a sky chalet on the 17th green that also gave us a good view of the 18th tee, fully catered so there was plenty of food & drink. He took me to so many sporting events & concerts when I was younger (including more than a few that I know he would've rather not been at *coughcough*Metallica twice*coughcough*) so it really makes me happy to be able to do something for him that he really enjoys.

Fired off my personal best for the year. 43. Funny thing was it was at league and it was supposed to be a scramble with a different guy. When I got there nobody was left so I just played by myself (joining my partner and the guy he teamed up with). I didn't hit a poor shot the entire round, hit almost all my fairways and a handful of greens. Making it better was no 3 putts and a couple tap in chips. I finally feel like the lessons are working.

Was approached by the GM of the company and the store manager who asked me my thought of being trained as a store manager for an upcoming location. From a position standpoint it is a dream come true,logically thinking it through I am having doubts. Yes it means a huge pay increase and bonuses which are hard to pass up. But thinking about this from an economical standpoint it's Russian routete,waiting to go off. As the Canadian economy is slipping day by day and no end in sight it's not smart. Our dollar is the lowest it was been since the great depression ,an election coming up. Seeming to look like keeping the current leader who caused this. I will not go into that as that is a different topic indeed. I have always wanted to be the store manager from when I first started in their business when I was 16 years old. But this economic uncertainty worries me to be honest,maybe in a few years down the road I will pursue this but not at the moment. Since being the produce manager I have increased sales by 24%,decreased shrink by 6%. In a slower time in the year as not many people are around and on vacation that is very solid numbers. I feel confident in the position I am in now and do not wish to change it at this moment in time. Last thought,people will always need groceries but the volume is always up to chance and uncertain. As I have been in the industry for a long time I know how it works,if the store isn't producing solid sales numbers for any reason the manager is always to blame. I can help to my best ability produce solid numbers but how far are they wanting to push the envelope. That is why I had to put my answer on hold.

first off, I think it's great that they thought of you for that position, that early into the job there, it mean they think very highly of you, congrats.

I was about to say something to encourage you to take it, but Army said it best, it sounds like what you want to do, and this economy shouldnt keep you from progressing in your career. If anything, you will be the guy that made the new store a succes event in a tough economic situation.

It's true Curtis,but in the past 5 years the average shopping trip has decreased by 6% and I can see that go down if Harper is elected again. I have more then 15 years experience in the field which is rare these days I will always have other times to take the throne.
as much as I agree with the first part of this post and encourage you to get involved and make everything you can for a change of government, I strogly disagree with that last part. you never know if/when this kind of opportunity will come around, you need to seize the chance when it come Dustin.

Going to play in a Father Son tournament this weekend with my father at a couple of my favorite courses. The golf is fine and the courses are great, but he is post 75 years old and its a privilege to still be able to get out with him.

Going to play in a Father Son tournament this weekend with my father at a couple of my favorite courses. The golf is fine and the courses are great, but he is post 75 years old and its a privilege to still be able to get out with him.

enjoy the day Josh!

That sounds like a good time man, take it all in and enjoy yourself

Nice, have a blast and make some memories!

My rounds with my dad are always my favorite. He had to walk off the course after just being exhausted after 13 the other day, and that made me realize that those rounds aren't going to be around forever.

Have a great time.

Late catching up on some things here. But Dev. Happy to hear the good news on the insurance and hope the testing brings you all some answers and more importantly solutions.

Dustin. Congrats on the great job. I'll hold some of my thoughts for an email to you. But going with your gut instinct is rarely wrong.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

We have our annual Ryder Cup tournament at my club this weekend. 3 matches on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Lots of golf ahead, great weather on tap = happy THP'er

Have a great time! I'm playing with my dad on Sunday..hopefully we both play better than the last time

first off, I think it's great that they thought of you for that position, that early into the job there, it mean they think very highly of you, congrats.

I was about to say something to encourage you to take it, but Army said it best, it sounds like what you want to do, and this economy shouldnt keep you from progressing in your career. If anything, you will be the guy that made the new store a succes event in a tough economic situation.

as much as I agree with the first part of this post and encourage you to get involved and make everything you can for a change of government, I strogly disagree with that last part. you never know if/when this kind of opportunity will come around, you need to seize the chance when it come Dustin.
Very true Martin,it is a great opportunity and maybe I need to give it second thought. No doubt I can give the job my all and it will be turn out good numbers as I have done in the past. I will sit down with the manager again today and see what can be done.

Late catching up on some things here. But Dev. Happy to hear the good news on the insurance and hope the testing brings you all some answers and more importantly solutions.

Dustin. Congrats on the great job. I'll hold some of my thoughts for an email to you. But going with your gut instinct is rarely wrong.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Thank you Rob, it's true about first instincts. May need some advice from the master again

The Happy Thread

We took the kids on their first backpacking trip and they absolutely loved it.

4b39730f96f49d0e354fba6b4cb8a0cb.jpg

Only a week out from the Gauntlet, and I get to see this little bundle of joy this weekend!

efd999aa3a453c6abb027e05cc635b94.jpg

Sitting in the terminal about to start my Vegas golf trip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back