Stiffening a recoil 460 shaft

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
If you have an uncut .370 parallel tip recoil 460 shaft. How do you stiffen it up a good half flex?

If you have an uncut .370 parallel tip recoil 460 shaft. How do you stiffen it up a good half flex?
What club are you installing to? If it's parallel tip, just a bit extra tip trimming before butt trimming to length is all that is required to stiffen it up

What club are you installing to? If it's parallel tip, just a bit extra tip trimming before butt trimming to length is all that is required to stiffen it up

Yes it's a parallel tip head. How much extra tip trim would you say for half a flex?

Yes it's a parallel tip head. How much extra tip trim would you say for half a flex?
Is it an iron? Most parallel tip shafts are half inch increments. I'd say .25 to .5 more than standard tipping

Is it an iron? Most parallel tip shafts are half inch increments. I'd say .25 to .5 more than standard tipping

Yep they are irons.

Yep they are irons.
Below is the trim guide. Recoil 460 use IR6 trim code on the chart. 3i .5" from the tip, then butt trim. 4i 1" from the tip then but trim, 5i 1.5" from the tip etc. Taking an extra half inch from the tip will be like hard stepping taper tip shafts (equivalent to appx 1/3 flex stiffer). So if you want it to play half flex stiffer then I'd trim 1.25" for 3i, 1.75" for 4i etc. Then butt trim all to length after epoxying
e3433bf4e952839eaee926d325cf88cb.jpg

Back