Spring 2015 East Nebraska Get Together

Just arriving omaha

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

My day is starting to wind down, which means golf is getting that much closer. Who else is jacked!

~Rock
Why is it that every time I play golf with you The wind blows 20 mph?

Why is it that every time I play golf with you The wind blows 20 mph?

It was more like 30-35 last time, so this should be a breeze tomorrow (pun intended).

~Rock

I see an audi station wagon, and all i cam think is how wrong it is. But then i realized im in nebraska

~Rock

I see an audi station wagon, and all i cam think is how wrong it is. But then i realized im in nebraska

~Rock

Welcome to Nebraska. No passport required.

Don and I had a riot at Quarry today, can't wait for tomorrow.

Who's ready to play some golf!? Weather looks to be a tad on the chilly side, but at least it should be dry and not too windy. After moving my brother for 7 hours yesterday, this could get interesting.

Who's ready to play some golf!? Weather looks to be a tad on the chilly side, but at least it should be dry and not too windy. After moving my brother for 7 hours yesterday, this could get interesting.
It's freaking early but let's do this!

Yep. I totally dreamed thatvi woke up at 640 and that my phone had turned off in my dream. I then freaked out, running around in my dream.

Then i woke up, and it was really only 545am.

~Rock

Yep. I totally dreamed thatvi woke up at 640 and that my phone had turned off in my dream. I then freaked out, running around in my dream.

Then i woke up, and it was really only 545am.

~Rock
I'd have made sure you were awake... Leaving soon to pick you up.

As you like to tell me, fireball will help you today

How come I'm the only one here?!?! A bit overcast. But not raining. Just sprinkling. Should be able to dodge it. Let's do this. Prizes are packed. Who wants some???

They're all set and ready for us sounds like will be the only ones out here today they've got you set up with the mini sleeve of balls and bag tags let's do this

Great looking green on 18!
6a878f38a73bcef142f13e242cbcd8ef.jpg

It was so much fun today, Arbor was truly special, what an amazing experience and day!

Arbor links treated us like members today. What a great course! Sorry I moved half of the grass and dirt on the holes with my iron shots. Great get together by team nebraska.

What a great day! Shooting well on a tough course helps. Played great, had a lot of great company.

Will post more later. Attending to family commitments.

c94296016c6d9322e28bfb2336edc76d.jpg

34a55cbc729ac82807ea6e5962c268e9.jpg

The new car i won for winning iceys vegas par buddy competition.

b05ed79a2761f3a7b0d96913959607b0.jpg

~Rock

Thanks to Arbor for the swag!
970a22ef9383f9fa250d873f398401c4.jpg

Now that my weekend has settled down, I just wanted to say a little bit about how much fun I had this weekend.

First off, Kyle did an amazing job of setting everything up with Arbor Links. Arbor was so great to us, it was fantastic. The staff made us feel like we were members of the course. Course was wet, but it was still in fantastic shape. Having heard that they recently aerated, I was nervous about what to expect, but the greens were rolling pretty true, and they were relatively quick. Rough was brutal, and the fairways and tee boxes were pretty much perfect. I just love everything about this course. Also the fact that they let us play as a six-some, was just fantastic.

Kyle (Icey) and Ryan (Nebgolfer) - always have fun playing with you guys. Always have great conversations and the occasional trash talking, which is fun as well. Definitely need to get out more frequently, especially since we all live so close together.

Scott (Flyingwedge) and Dan/Mayor (McRock) - First time playing with you guys and I have to say, for team Iowa members, you were okay by me, haha. In all seriousness, I really enjoyed playing with both of you, had a lot of fun. Mayor, your swing is awesome, I really envy your consistent tempo, also keep pounding that driver, seemed like you couldn't miss with it. Scott, I know you had a rough go, but you still scored well even though it was an off day for ya. Again, really enjoyed your guys' company, and I'm really hoping that I can get out to Iowa for the get-together out there later this year and help team Nebraska take home a win.

Don (nomadic_duffer) - Man, I had a blast riding with you on Saturday. You were so much fun to talk with and play with, I really hope we are able to tee it up again sometime soon. Should definitely talk with Callaway to see if they can get you a full set of those hybrids, man you were so consistent with those. Had a blast and look forward to playing with ya again.

I'm still really bummed I wasn't able to play with you guys on Friday and Sunday, but I will say that outside of the rain storm towards the end, Saturday was pretty much perfect in my opinion. Great company on a great golf course, doesn't get any better than that. I hope you all made it home safely and I look forward to play with you guys in the near future.

Ok, I"m gonna post here.

It was a crazy weekend. Everything was all set. My family was going to be in Lincoln for a graduation, and my wife was cool and awesome with me golfing 3 rounds for this outing. So, there i was, ready to drive separate from her at her request, and then BAM!, were leaving a day early and driving together. Thankfully, Neb (Ryan) is an awesome guy and was able to give me rides all weekend.

Arbor Links is crazy awesome. I'm not sure I've had a place that was so welcoming. There was some sort of wow factor here with the service. The course was fantastic. Good shape, great layout. Penalizing where it should be. I'd like to play it again someday when the bunkers aren't wet, because something tells me the bunkers are actually really nice when dry.

Played Hidden Valley with Ryan on Sunday. The course looked like it would be a lot of fun when it wasn't a swamp.

Kyle, dude, the music was great, but what was up with the jungle beat? You were laid back and cool as usual. Great golfing with you, and I can't wait to golf with you again. And thanks for the new car.

Mulligan, I did hit driver great that day. I think I was maybe your 6 iron distance? Your second 18 was a thing of beauty.

Don, you have a consistency I rarely see. Keep it up.

Scott (Wedge), you'll get that driver and swing figured out. Here soon, it will click, and you'll be back to your old self. But the really exciting part of that day was that Tammy was with you, and that she told us she would be cooking for us for the Iowa outing. Yes, Scott, you're a cool dude, but you are taking a backseat to Tammy's cooking.

Ryan (Neb aka MVP), what can I say dude. Thanks for hauling me around both on and off the course. Keep rocking that draw and that smooth swing. We'll rematch sometime soon I suspect. Oh, and thanks for the Fireball. Looking back, I can't totally remember, but I think I may have gone on my runs of spectacular golf following every draw of fireball. I don't know, Fireball at the Legacy? We shall see.

~Rock

Just thought since the Iowa thread was bumped, I'd bump this thread and see if anybody would be interested in a 2016 outing in Nebraska.

Just thought since the Iowa thread was bumped, I'd bump this thread and see if anybody would be interested in a 2016 outing in Nebraska.
(Raises hand) I had high hopes for last year, and summarily over - extended my golf travel ability. Guess I'll never learn.

(Raises hand) I had high hopes for last year, and summarily over - extended my golf travel ability. Guess I'll never learn.

Haha, happens to us all. Labor Day weekend was a ton of fun though!

Haha, happens to us all. Labor Day weekend was a ton of fun though!
I had a blast. 3 courses. 3 days. A football game in between. With good peeps. Take that kind of long weekend all the time.

I had a blast. 3 courses. 3 days. A football game in between. With good peeps. Take that kind of long weekend all the time.
Maybe next year we can work in a Husker win!

Back