MikeJ2 : WITB thread

Mikej2

Reaction score
Handicap
Okay, I'll play, uploading some pics to photobucket in the background so will link them in a bit.

(Copy/paste from my phone notepad)
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Golf clubs 2017[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Taylormade R15 driver 12* S-flex[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]_____ 460cc, 57*-61* lie, 45.5" long, D4 swing weight[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3HL 16.5*[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]((TM RBZ Stage 2 Rescue 3 19*))[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3H 19*[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Cobra Amp 4H 22*[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]TaylorMade Burner Rescue 5H 25*[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]TaylorMade RocketBladz irons 5-9,PW,AW,SW[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText](5-23*), 6-26.5*, 7-30.5*, 8-35*, 9-40*, PW-45*, AW-50*, (SW-55*)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Titleist Vokey SM4 54-11 54*[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Titleist Vokey SM4 60-07 60*[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E putter 35"[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]() = alternate[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText](()) = beat up alternate[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Footjoy Contour shoes[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]SunMountain SpeedCart[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Alternate drivers:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Taylormade Burner Bubble, older[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Bag:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Titleist (Sun Mountain) cart bag[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]SunMountain Access cart bag (back up)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]

The bag is new to me from this most recent Christmas. I had picked up a new cart bag but when I put it on my speedcart it just didn't work out. So I took it back to Dick's and found this Titleist one over in their demo bay full of demo clubs so they made me a deal on it (along with some negotiation help from my wife). I wanted a 14 slot bag and this one works for now.

The TM R15 12*driver was found used at GolfGalaxy so I used a gift card and points and money from selling unused clubs. A few years ago I had an R11S that I just could never warm up to. Then last year or so I picked up a new Cobra Amp Cell driver on clearance, but again I just never got used to it, was able to sell it a few weeks ago for what I paid for it and used that money for the R15. I figure the adjustable loft and the two sliding weights in the base will give me something to mess around with.

Ver the last 10 years so so I've also swapped out my irons. Had an ancient set of Ram Lasers that I bought new back in the late 1980's. Then I found a set of TourEdge Bazooka graphite shafted irons at a church rummage. Sold the Rams on CraigsList. The TourEdge were played for a few years, but the heads had a sweet spot whick worked great when hit well but were way bad when hit off center. Next were some WilsonStaff Ci9's but I got a bug in my ear that I wanted conforming clubs so I sole them off. Then I picked up some TM Burners and used them on the range a few times until I came across the current TM RocketBladz irons posted locally for a fair price. I put together an older stand bag, the Burner irons, some random spare metal woods, and a generic putter and sole that as a complete ready to play set on craigslist. (Probably more than you all wanted to know.)

The Picg putter was a Christmas gift from last year or the year before. Some family stuff has kept me off the course for a couple years, and job changes messed with golf plans before that. My plan is to get several rounds of golf in this year and to reset my handicap rating.

Off to check if the pics are uploaded.
[FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

8BF3A64F-17D7-4591-9AFB-E27967D3C648_zpsqglmrvd5.jpg

18E5B0B4-B9AE-4739-80E3-7DC364100A5D_zps1mnrlsy8.jpg

9932F38D-335D-49D3-B970-4BDFE789944C_zpsrzemlupy.jpg

Hope these post okay.

I finally got out to play 18 holes of golf on Friday, first round of golf in about two years. I didn't care for how the clubs were arranged to I repositioned them today and will how this works out.
2EF151C2-B068-478E-AC56-CAD312E9BE16_zps4fjk1vp0.jpg

Awesome WITB!! Solid set up...how to do like the Sun Mountain push cart, have you used it in breezy conditions with an umbrella, if yes, is it stable enough so that it won't fall down? Thanks!!

I've got a couple of the Speedcarts (thriftshop scores) and I like them. I haven't tried them with an umbrella in the holder yet. I don't think it would be stable if there was much wind, but I could be wrong.

Back