The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
That happened to me and it was the ACL, you will know if you try and swing a club and go down again.

There was no movement. I remember when Ellie tore her ACL the vet let me feel the movement, I didn't feel that here. Of course I am no doctor so what the hell do I know?

If by fixed you mean nothing at all, then yes.

No, he decided we shouldn't get insurance this year and just let everything break. :alien:

Sounds like a few people at work that opted out of our "good" insurance and went with the "way less" insurance Dec. 1st. A few weeks after one did his wife ruptured her arm and they think tore her bicep muscle which now needs an MRI and probably surgery. He's going to be out thousands now this year because of the switch.

Cyst that is formed by the joint fluid in the knee.
It isn't bad. If you were feeling "fullness" in your knee before, that will get better.
The painful part is that the fluid from the cyst is now tracking around the back of the knee.
Ice, advil and rest is the treatment, and you will be fine within a week.
Unless it is something else, but it sounds like that is it.

This sounds exactly what it was. Bit did fee full previously and especially over the last few weeks.

There was no movement. I remember when Ellie tore her ACL the vet let me feel the movement, I didn't feel that here. Of course I am no doctor so what the hell do I know?
You can always look up "anterior drawer test knee" on google and do the maneuver to check for ACL rupture.

The Official Rant of the Day

Sounds like a few people at work that opted out of our "good" insurance and went with the "way less" insurance Dec. 1st. A few weeks after one did his wife ruptured her arm and they think tore her bicep muscle which now needs an MRI and probably surgery. He's going to be out thousands now this year because of the switch.

I'm not paying the ridiculous rates of ACA coverage. No way no how. $800+ with ridiculous deductibles. No sir.

This sounds exactly what it was. Bit did fee full previously and especially over the last few weeks.
Then that is probably it.
Pretty common to have a cyst, not as common when they rupture, but then the knee feels better overall (usually 1-2 weeks later).

Then that is probably it.
Pretty common to have a cyst, not as common when they rupture, but then the knee feels better overall (usually 1-2 weeks later).

Can you cure my pneumonia? This being sick crap is getting old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not paying the ridiculous rates of ACA coverage. No way no how. $700+ a month with ridiculous deductibles. No sir

Oh, I hear ya! He's now paying that monthly plus 30% of all the costs with the lesser plan. It's crazy. He took the gamble no one would get hurt in his family this year and they did. Stinks.

Oh, I hear ya! He's now paying that monthly plus 30% of all the costs with the lesser plan. It's crazy. He took the gamble no one would get hurt in his family this year and they did. Stinks.

Yeah it's awful. And the worst part is, it's going to get worse next year.

Cyst that is formed by the joint fluid in the knee.
It isn't bad. If you were feeling "fullness" in your knee before, that will get better.
The painful part is that the fluid from the cyst is now tracking around the back of the knee.
Ice, advil and rest is the treatment, and you will be fine within a week.
Unless it is something else, but it sounds like that is it.
Thanks for the explanation Doctor Dave!

Playing with dogs and went to stand up and heard pop behind my leg and down I went. Left leg right behind knee. So much pain.

That stinks. It wasn't a sniper was it?

That sucks JB...but I'm in the same boat. Thought I had my chips on the wrong markers last month but was able to pull them and walk away. I've been taking the penalty...I mean tax so far but may need to re-address the situation. Hope all is well.

Thanks.

Playing with dogs and went to stand up and heard pop behind my leg and down I went. Left leg right behind knee. So much pain.
That really sucks considering how much holiday cheer you guys dealt out today. Karma isn't supposed to work like that. Hope for a speedy recovery.

That really sucks considering how much holiday cheer you guys dealt out today. Karma isn't supposed to work like that. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Thanks man. I'm a trooper and will be fine in no time.

I agree. It's either that or a hamstring tendon, but you would know if it was your hammy as it would bunch up behind your leg.

Rest, compression, elevation is my go to for these. Hope you get feeling better shortly.
Sounds like a Popliteal cyst may have ruptured. Hurts like hell, but is not a bad injury, structurally.
Is the knee joint loose at all?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Drink some Malort, you'll be golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send Phil down with a bottle and we will split it

No, he decided we shouldn't get insurance this year and just let everything break. :alien:

My sensies tells me condescension is in play here.

Hope it's not that serious and is just the cyst previously mentioned. Get better soon

Off for two weeks and it has done nothing but rain and nothing but rain in the forcast

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Yeah it's awful. And the worst part is, it's going to get worse next year.

I think I found something for $135 a month for the two of us. Not going to be very user friendly, but it's "something" and, more important, less than the penalty we would have to pay anyway.

I think I found something for $135 a month for the two of us. Not going to be very user friendly, but it's "something" and, more important, less than the penalty we would have to pay anyway.

I'm guessing your deductible has to be through the roof for that price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back