Tour Pros and amateur equipment

Brand recognition is real and even if we don't consciously care what an individual pro plays, I think the collective matters. When Callaway, Ping, Taylor Made, Cobra, Titleist, etc, are splashed across golf bags, it certainly makes an overriding impression.

Personally, I'm only particularly interested in the clubs a pro plays from a manufacturer that's outside his current contract. Assuming that they'd bag anything that their company could offer that's equal or superior to their present stuff, I find it interesting when the random fairway wood or hybrid maintains a spot in the bag.

Basically, I'm completely disinterested in what someone is paid to play. Not discounting quality, just denying influence as to their own assumed elimination of objectivity.

But on some level I'm guilty anyway. I used to play KZG clubs, SMT, Golfsmith, Top Flite and loved them all. But I preferred to play popular name brands probably due to recognition and PGA influence.

For me it's shear curiosity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there is some truth to that, 99% of the golfers out there couldn't break 90 or even 100 at The Masters on Sunday, between the course and the pressure, we would collapse. We are not championship golfers.

The information I read said the avg (whatever that is) can't break 100 on their local course.

I honestly couldn't name more that 2 or 3 Srixon staff members until after I bought my Srixon irons. I'm certainly not obsessed with playing a certain brand because a pro golfer plays it but I will use what driver and wood shafts are popular on the PGA and Champions Tours to help me narrow down the hundreds of shafts out there. By finding a tour player that has a similar average swing speed as mine(108 mph) I feel it helps me find a shaft I like faster. That being said, I've mostly played an Aldila Tour Green or one of their Rogue models in x flex the last 6 years.

Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.

As is for most,....its that 'what if ' factor, keeps everyone going.

Agreed my man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back