Votes: 14 10.3%
  • I play stock until they are worn out, then switch

Votes: 61 44.9%
  • I switch the minute I get my clubs

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • I replace my clubs before the grips wear out

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
I chose I play whatever comes on my clubs. But, I could've chosen I switch the minute I get my clubs

When I order new sticks, I always request a certain grip.
I am almost the same, but I usually request a particular grip when I order a new club. I will switch grips with used clubs. All putters get a new grip.

Depends for me. I generally don't like the tour velvets at all which pretty much seem to come stock on everything. I won't switch them immediately but they don't last long either.

Depends on what grips come on the clubs. I like the all red UTx grips that came stock on the Srixon Z545 irons so much that I have a full set exactly like them to put on the clubs as soon as the originals wear out.

Nothing comes with midsize so I am forced to switch immediately, even when they have awesome uTX as with the MD3 wedges.

You can always save the grips and build em up.

Over the last year and a half or so I have had extras around and have switched out immediately, so that's how I voted. The Lamkin REl 3 Gen are available for a song, so I buy them from time to time and seem to always have some around.

JM

I have used all of those options. But, if I'm ordering the clubs, I order the grips I want installed. If I get a set by winning a contest, or buy a set off the rack, they'll usually have stock grips. Then I might swap them out immediately. If the grip feels okay, I may play them until they need replacing, and the install my grip of choice.

I've done both. I love the NDMC on woods, so Callaway is knocking it out of the park lately. Any Tour Velvet-like grip works on irons for me, so I generally have good luck there. It all really depends, but I'll give stock grips a round or two before scrapping them. Sometimes you don't know that you like something until you try it...

I usually keep the stock until I wear them out then replace. Well I fell in love with the Lamkin UTx that came on my TP Aeroburber hybrids, so when Lamkin had a sale i picked up 14 of them for 3.25 a piece. Anyways this probably isnt the right place for this, but I was so impressed when I recieved my package from them. In the box were the grips, a nice poker chip ball marker, a couple of packs of the gripes, some tees and a thank you card hand signed by Bob Lamkin. That is great service and that is why I will stick with Lamkin!

I put new grips on and add a couple extra wraps as soon as I get a new club.

I'm picky about how the tape us built up so usually switch. When I order clubs I just have them shipped without grips installed. I usually install the stock grip when I go to resale.

I keep stock grips until they wear out. The exception would be putters, drivers and sometimes wedges.

I prefer either NDMC's or Utx's so I'm pretty quick to flip those on if they're not the stock.

Some companies are pretty cool about sending irons with the grips loose so you don't have to go through some of the hassle and that's gotten to be really convenient.

If I don't feel like the stock grips are going to be reliable in hot, humid conditions then I will switch them out immediately. I also like extra wraps, so that's another reason for a change.

I switch them out immediately. Usually match them to whatever grip I'm playing at the time. Which has been UTX for the last couple years and probably for some time to come.

Since I need midsize or std with three wraps, I always change mine out quickly

I order stock and change them out with midsize and extra tape under the lower hand.

I do something that's not on the Poll. My iron specs are so far from stock that I custom order them and have the right grips put on from the factory. I have played mid-sized NDMCs for the past 18 months and live the feedback and texture.

They stock grips come off the minute I get home.

I have small hands. When I got fit for my Ping G15's I got Aqua in the ID8. Like them fine. Regripped with the same.

I change the grips to mid-size with one extra wrap. The exception was when I ordered my Ping G25 irons - I specified mid-size with an extra wrap.

I've become a big Crossline fan so recently I've kept everything the same. That said, when I do get a new club I tend to wear the grip a bit first before replacing, since I don't have air to blow them off currently.

I am playing stock grips with the following preference: Ping > Cleveland > Callaway. I would probably love different grips but need more experience with the options to make a choice. Holding a grip on a 2.5 foot shaft in a pro shop doesn't tell me what I need to know.

I expect new grips will become an annual thing for me and will probably have a 1001 grip questions for the THP braintrust over the winter months. Block me now ... :bicker:

Depends on the grip but mostly I'll play the stock ones until they need to be replaced or I can't stand them any longer - whichever comes first!!!

Back