The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

You got that right. Except I won't be going to any clubs. Haha. I'm an old man and 10 PM is my bedtime.
I'm 30 and a sleep by 9 #2yearold

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I would definitely take a desert club, one that you don't mind getting beat up. You will end up in the cactus at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a 2nd swing location in Scottsdale now, if you want to pick up a "desert" club when you get here.

Orlando is as far as I've traveled for golf.

Traveling east is harder than traveling west for me.

I've never traveled to play golf I've only played in Colorado and Wyoming. But I've traveled to Phoenix a few times so I look forward to playing golf there.

As each day passes, I get more and more excited. Turning into a little kid. When we get a few days out, going to be the kid that keeps asking are we there yet?

Having a chat with the President of my company about the event and where it's going to be at and he just walked away saying WOW.

Need to get my rear out more and get to work.

Never traveled to play golf before, so I'm really looking forward to this. I can't even remember the last time I've played golf on consecutive days. Playing 5-6 rounds in 4 days will be heavenly.

I'll be bringing my 24oz Hydro Flask with me. Will there be plenty of water coolers on all the courses so I can continually refill it? It's hit or miss around here, so I'm just curious.

Never traveled to play golf before, so I'm really looking forward to this. I can't even remember the last time I've played golf on consecutive days. Playing 5-6 rounds in 4 days will be heavenly.

I'll be bringing my 24oz Hydro Flask with me. Will there be plenty of water coolers on all the courses so I can continually refill it? It's hit or miss around here, so I'm just curious.
All the courses where we are supposed to be playing are good with water on the course.

All the courses where we are supposed to be playing are good with water on the course.

Wait a second...I thought part of playing desert golf was forced dehydration? :wink:

What this "desert" golf club I keep hearing of?!?

What this "desert" golf club I keep hearing of?!?
A club that you don't mind if it gets beat up hitting shots out of the desert. Many people buy a cheap wedge or iron to play if their ball goes into the desert.

Only 80 shopping days until #TheGauntlet2016

I'm having a 5year vow renewal next week as we never really had a wedding so going to have a little event with about 100ppl on March 11th. Once that is over...its FULL THROTTLE till the gauntlet!!

I'm having a 5year vow renewal next week as we never really had a wedding so going to have a little event with about 100ppl on March 11th. Once that is over...its FULL THROTTLE till the gauntlet!!

Congrats man.

I've played as far east as Georgia and South Carolina. I didn't travel to those places to just play golf though, I was out there for training and managed to take in some rounds...

Played a round today 46/45. Played 2 man 4 ball with Galen Marek. I couldn't hole any putts today and my iron/fw wood game was off. Good news was I drove it great and gave myself chances. Never played the course before and I think playing some new courses before the event will out me more in that grind mode. Back to the grind Tuesday at the range. Team Aj will be be prepared for a battle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not going to discuss in detail my round today - don't want anyone getting upset.
Needless to say, I will post my score, so handicap will adjust accordingly.
80 days - lots to do between now and then!! Prep needs to be tuned up!!

Is it May yet?

Started my Gauntlet prep this weekend. Going to schedule a couple of lessons and planning out a workout and practice/playing schedule.

Had an ok round this weekend, but reinforced where I need to put in some work. I did hit the pin from 20, 70, and 100 yards on the last 3 holes. Was awesome, except none of the stayed in the hole.

Hope to get my first taste of desert golf the last week of March. Never thought about having a designated boulder beater for stray shots. But makes some sense. Guess I will keep my 54* wedge instead of trade it in for a new MD3.

Is it May yet?

Had a round this morning at Ahwatukee Country Club and came to the conclusion that I will be pulling my main driver out of my bag for the time being... My Aero Burner mini driver just treats me better so gonna stick with that... Probably gonna get another round in this week on my days off to keep practicing! #TheGauntlet

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Had a round this morning at Ahwatukee Country Club and came to the conclusion that I will be pulling my main driver out of my bag for the time being... My Aero Burner mini driver just treats me better so gonna stick with that... Probably gonna get another round in this week on my days off to keep practicing! #TheGauntlet

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I recommend testing out the XR 16 and check out the forgiveness. Fantastic new driver I am putting in play tomorrow.

I recommend testing out the XR 16 and check out the forgiveness. Fantastic new driver I am putting in play tomorrow.

Are you replacing the GBB or just testing the XR 16 out?

Got a round in today and I scheduled a lesson with a new instructor. Hopefully by May I'll be playing like a 7 again.

Are you replacing the GBB or just testing the XR 16 out?

Not sure. Both are fantastic and I will be giving them both a chance. I know one of the two will be in my bag for quite some time.

Back