Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The following is a press release:

COBRA GOLF EXPANDS THE KING FAMILY WITH F6+ AND F6 METALWOODS

Featuring the All-New CarbonTrac Weighting System and Adjustable CG to Provide Golfers the Perfect Combination of Low CG and High MOI

Carlsbad, Calif. (November 17, 2015) – Cobra Golf, a leader in golf club innovation and technology, today introduced the KING F6+ and F6 family of products, continuing to expand the collection of clubs under the legendary KING brand name. Through innovative research, premium materials, and COBRA’s unique performance enhancing technologies, personalized distance and adjustable center of gravity (CG) is now available to golfers of all levels.

To give golfers the ultimate in distance, control, speed and accuracy, the KING F6+ driver (MAP $399) integrates an all-new, revolutionary CarbonTrac weighting system. The system features a sliding weight with five front-to-back, low CG positions that is encased in a carbon fiber shell. It replaces the heavier, titanium track structure that was used in the high-performance Fly-Z+ driver. By creating additional discretionary weight through the use of a carbon fiber crown, new Ti 811 titanium body and forged face, COBRA was able to utilize an 18-gram weight on the sole of the driver to deliver ultra-low CGs and ball flights ranging from towering to penetrating for personalized distance and forgiveness off the tee.

The F6+ driver also features Forged E9 Zone Face technology, an internal feature that removes weight from key areas behind the face and in the hosel to increase the size and speed of the Sweet Zone for more distance on off-center hits. Externally, the visible Speed Channel technology, an engineered trench around the perimeter of the face and toe area, creates additional discretionary weight to minimize face thickness, delivering faster ball speeds for even more distance.

The KING F6+ Driver is available in four stock colors: Glass Black with Vibrant Orange accents; Blue Aster; White Pearl; Grey Turbulence with Gecko Green accents (the Grey & Green colorway will be introduced March 15, 2016). The driver can be ordered through custom in Vibrant Orange. Available in right-handed and left-handed models, in regular, stiff and x-stiff flex, the driver features a graphite Matrix OZIK Black Tie 65g shaft and Lamkin 3GEN Crossline 360 grip. The F6+ driver comes with a range of five lofts – 9°, 9.5°, 10.5°, 11.5°, and 12° and three draw settings – 9.5°D, 10.5°D and 11.5°D, available in-store January 15, 2016. Additionally, the F6+ is also offered in a Pro model which features the same size head (460cc) as the F6+, but with a lower loft range (7.0°-10°), a flatter lie angle and fade settings instead of draw. All that works to provide more launch control and lower spin for even more penetrating trajectory range. It comes in black only, through custom orders.

F6_plus_driver_hero_8bit_black2_CE-L.jpg

F6_plus_driver_hero_8bit_blue2000-L.jpg

F6_plus_driver_hero_8bit_white2_CE000-L.jpg

F6_plus_driver_toe_8bit_black_000-L.jpg

F6_plus_driver_address_8bi_black-L.jpg

F6_plus_driver_face_8bit_black000-L.jpg

barplus_driver_track3-L.jpg

barplus_driver_track4_modified_3_arrow-L.jpg

bar_plus_toe_cut_8bit-L.jpg

bar_plus_driver_exploded_8bit-L.jpg

Those look really really good.

Looks awesome. Black tie is probably too much for me. I guess there will be no upcharge options?

I've wanted to hit this since first finding out about it. Black Tie stock is interesting. Green coming it in March? Man not sure I want to wait on that. I'll take the blue.

Oh and thank you for bringing back a face bias.

I like the looks and the tech sounds awesome. I'm very intruiged by this Cobra offering, can't say that's been the case since the Bio Cell line. Can't wait to hear more.

ltd had me really excited. this, not so sure. and the black tie doesn't seem to be user friendly for the masses. i'll definitely hit the ltd, might hit this.

EDIT: just noticed that this is the + for more accomplished golfers, so the black tie makes more sense.

I'll be all over this one. The Cobra King with the Magic 8-ball window just doesn't do it for me. This however, ya.

Now that may be the best looking driver they've ever released

Interesting CG placement wording and will obviously get some liners going. Will give this a swing or two as I've enjoyed most all their lines.

Really like the looks of this one

Please tell me this comes in orange

Jman, any idea when THP will get these in to test?

Why does the Pro model stop at 10°? I need the fade settings but higher loft. My recent swing changes have made my driver swing more negative and my launch is way down. I play my Alpha in a 10.5° head and then plus 2. How high can the Pro model go?

Black tie as a stock shaft is a tad surprising to me just based on the reputation that the shaft has.

FANTASTIC looking offering, love what Cobra is doing aesthetically here and the technology brought to build this one.

Love the looks. Like others have said the black tie is an interesting choice but after talking to TO in may about their choice for stock shaft they went weigh something that should work well with the head design and should work for the masses

So is the F6+ the low spin model, and the F6 is the more forgiving model? Looks really good, but it may not be my cup of tea with a Black Tie stock.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So much want to hit this and I like the black tie in 65grams and not the 72grams that was with some drivers in the past.

This club blows last year out of the water, it is super slick looking! Really hope the performance matches the looks. If so Cobra does very well with this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the looks. Like others have said the black tie is an interesting choice but after talking to TO in may about their choice for stock shaft they went weigh something that should work well with the head design and should work for the masses

I dont know, is it good for the masses? I know some people are scared of that shaft's reputation (including me) is it as bad (low/low for me sounds very bad) as they say?

This club does look really good. And the Black Tie is right up my alley.

another great looking club. Cobra is really trying to make a splash for the holiday season with this line

It looks nice, but wouldn't the roll on the bottom of the club move the CG up as you moved the weight back? If so, you could certainly play with the forgiveness of front/back CG locations, but I would think the effect on elevation would be muted somewhat.

Testing will reveal all as always.

Back