How much is THP to blame.....

A bit as it's a great ocean of information, my problem is by the time I get around to actually wanting to buy something IT'S GONE ALREADY (hello Optiforce, V-Series and probably GBB next spring, lol).......I'm still using "ancient" 2012 technology!

If THP slowed some of you guys down, i cant imagine where you were before hahaha! I know i tinker much more than i did before and thats not really a bad thing

THP has expanded my club tinkering only in a way that expanded brands in which I looked at. Seemore putters and Hopkins wedges for one.

For me, the biggest impact has been the eight SeeMore putters I have bought in the last 2-3 years. Without THP I would have never known enough about them to consider them. I would have never bought my Wilson staff m3 irons without reading reviews here, and would still think of them as cheap box set material. Also, the marketplace, as well as deal of the day thread here, have cost me a fair share of money, but allowed me to get great prices on stuff.

THP has led me to considerably more tinkering than before, but the knowledge and insight I have gained far outweighs the money spent.

It has totally changed how many clubs I buy. Im way more likely to buy new stuff to tinker with now if it gets a lot of good reviews on here. That also goes for everything with golf be it clothes, balls, rangefinders etc

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I found THP years ago looking for threads about Cleveland Niblicks. I still game those.

What THP done is opened my eyes to other OEMs. I was "off" from golf for a long long time. When I came back I only wanted Nike or Callaway. Neither are in my bag at this point.

I would have remained extremely ignorant if not for THP. It's been a process, but I'm now able to make very informed decisions on what I buy and why I'm buying it, instead of what I'm hitting awesomely on the bay for 10 minutes.

It has influenced me quite a bit,but I would say I am picky with clubs so it'd pretty even.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So, so much haha. But when I buy now, it's something that I am fairly confident will work for me based on fitting results and past experience, rather than a shot in the dark like it used to be.

They've helped me make better decisions if anything. I came to THP looking for reviews on the i20s and that allowed me to make an informed decision. If definitely makes me ponder more, but not necessarily buy more.

I already had a problem... THP has just been an accelerated enabler.

I am still new but I have definitely purchased more since joining here! The information has been so great. I never would have thought of trying Bridgestone irons, let alone purchase them but there they are in my bag. The knowledge here is second to none and I'm really happy to have come across this great site.

THP taught me about new equipment that I needed to be looking at to improve my game. It also taught me to get fit, not just grab whatever equipment. And it also showed me that there are people out there just like me.
I've become more serious about how I play the game, but I've also learned to enjoy the game and my playing partners even more.

Yep, just take my wallet and be done with it.

I really enjoy the review /testing threads which spawn new club ponders and the fact new clubs are a hobby / obsession just make it all work out, but oddly the game stays pretty much the same.

Now that new GBB in the near future and CURE RXi putter that was ordered today.......gotta help the scores come down.

THP actually slowed down my club purchasing. I actually found reviews and commentary to make more informed decisions.

I agree 100%.

It has definitely increased my buying for two reasons:

1. Reviews - my curiosity level of wanting to try what is well reviewed here gets the better of me. I don't fall for OEM marketing much, but I do succumb to positive experiences here.

2. Awareness - sometimes there is stuff here that I wouldn't have paid attention to otherwise (Bertha Mini, for example) and I end up following that road.

I'm naturally a tinkerer and gadget guy, so buying new clubs to try new things out is natural for me. THP both enables me to make better decisions and piques my interest to the tipping point. That point isn't very far away normally, though. :golf:

THP has increased my tinkering but saved me money. It's a weird concept but with the marketplace and many others looking to trade I have found that just paying shipping is far less than buying and trading from my local golfsmith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP has increased my club buying/tinkering like crazy haha. I went through a lot of stuff over the winter and the beginning of the year, but I have been set for a couple months now and enjoy what I have a lot finally.

Being how expensive and not as easy to get hold off around me my buying hasnt really increased. THP has though given me the chance to see all the new stuff sometimes even before the golf shops over here do. Also the generosity of fellow THPers have helped me out and meant i didnt have to buy some things i wanted.
When i time does come though being able to read the reviews on here helps immensely in what to look at.

THP has opened my eyes to golf companies that I didn't know existed or wrote off as old news.

THP opened my eyes to how many great options there are out there. It is also the cause of my putter and driver shaft addiction. hehe

I hold THP blameless. Ebay is 95% to blame!!

Stupid phone.

Back