Any hybrid players going back to 3i with new tech?

I sometimes put a 2 driving iron in the bag depending on the course. I don't see me ditching my 4 iron soon. I like my hybrids but I feel I'm more accurate with irons.

I don't think I can launch the 3i well enough. I did ditch the 4H for the set 4i and don't think will go back there though. I prefer irons off the tee and a lot of the courses I play have 175-180 yard par 3s.

Good topic. I would say probably not. However, I've been looking at new irons and I have found that I am about a half club to a full club longer, depending on which ones, then what I play now. That would mean a new 4 iron will be pretty close in length to my current 22* hybrid.

One big advantage though of my 22* hybrid is it also acts as such a great trouble club. It is so good out of the rough at longer distances as well as long bunker shots. I can pop up a shot much higher and softer landing out of the bunker then I ever will be able to with a three or four iron.

I would consider switching back and forth depending on conditions and course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry a 5 as my longest iron, and I wish that wasn't the case. I can't hit a hybrid to save my life. Despite trying every one under the sun and a lesson dedicated just to it, I just can't seem to figure it out. I know what I'm supposed to do, But just can't make it happen.

Definitely.

I want a 3-P for my next set, so I can get rid of the hybrid. I can only use it from the tee, and there's nothing I can do with a hybrid which I can't do with an iron. Ball flight might be higher, but my iron contact is so much better.

Not me, we don't have that many snakes on our course which is the only thing I could use a 3 iron for, killing snakes!!! I just can't elevate the ball with one!!

Play whatever you hit best and fills your gaps... for me that 2hy/4i

Never had any consistency with a hybrid. At best I was 50/50 with it with the miss being a topped ball or out of bounds. In other words and extra stroke every other time I used it. Bought a set of Mizuno's that included a 3 iron and my success rate is about 90% with my miss now staying in the fairway but losing 30 or 40 yrds. Close enough to the green that par is still possible. I love my 3 iron!

I did last year when I got my XR Pro's. Normal carry on my 4 iron is 207 yards which is exactly the length of the longest par 3 on my home course so I have dumped my hybrids for a 4 wood and my 4 iron. My 4 wood is good for 235 off the deck and 245 off the tee. It's very easy to control the trajectory on my 4 iron which was never easy for me with hybrids.

I see no reason so far to pull my 3 hybrid from the bag.

Back