hovers

Reaction score
Handicap
Like most poor putters I have a myriad of different putters, and was about to buy yet another when I decided to save some money and try a rehash of my 'old faithful' Odessey, so I duly added a couple of 1.5 gram bits of lead tape to the bottom and finally succumbed to trying a superstrike 2.0 grip - result: so far, so good - after 5 rounds the putter is really working for me and only time will tell whether it continues, but as a cheap fix, is certainly worth a try!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I of course foolishly have done the expensive route of rehash many times. Do I not only get new putters but I've also re-bought the same things! It seems that I usually have some kind of Odyssey 7, sabertooth and 2ball around even if Ive traded in a version not long before. Sick puppy I know.

I've tried everything over the last 25 years to improve my putting including long putter, belly putter, heavy putter, counter balanced, left-hand low, claw, etc. I've had putting lessons and professional putter fittings as well but my putting is still not where I want it, especially in that critical 6 to 15 foot range so yesterday I modified a couple of my putters, a TM Daddy Long Legs 2.0 and a Nike Method Converge, by adding 4 inches and adjusting the loft to about 11 degrees.

I'm now on the journey of the only thing I haven't tried, the Matt Kuchar forearm anchored method. I got out for a quick 14 holes last night and made birdie putts of 8, 13, and 22 feet. I also drained everything inside of 5 feet center cup so I might finally be on to a method that can help me improve. My distance control is a little off over 25 feet butt I avoided any 3 putts. I'm hoping this might make me better than my current state of being just a slighty above average putter.

Back