What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a lesson today focusing on the tee game. I'll put it to the test tomorrow.

Played in a senior blitz at my home course (Lane Creek).

45 holes.

Range work w monitor.

Working on two reviews this evening.

Played in my 9 hole league and destroyed my match play opponent.

Short game, short game, short game. Worked on shots in the range of 60-100 yards. Looking to get my averages down to 20ft. Target practice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked two more tournaments.

Pondered a driver, put items on the marketplace

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Practice...
Between Savannah next week and Grandaddy in December, I am feeling fairly good right now...

Collected my winnings from a scramble two weeks ago and put them towards a hybrid and fairway wood experiment.

On the green with the new putter and new glasses. .25 stronger than my last pair and I've been leaving putts short by 1 foot all day from distance. More practice needed before monthly medal this weekend.

Another day at the range.

Played 18 with Matt. Needed some hair of the dog.

Hows the hybrid working?
Hi Joe, it was has been off and on with it. First round was simply amazing but last two rounds have been hit and miss. I am thinking of adding the Voodoo shaft in it for accuracy. I love the way it slides great in the fairway and rough.

Range time followed by a practice 9. Ball striking was okay in the beginning and got better as the round went on. Drove the ball really well but approach shots were ehhh. Need to check my alignment as I think it was off.

Did some putting practice as well before playing the 9.

Walked 27 this morning then chipped a bunch in the back yard for about an hour before dark. Been hitting my short and mid irons really well and it has elevated my enjoyment of the game immensely. Really awesome to consistantly hit nice trajectory shots with pretty descent accuracy to boot. All the hours and time in the backyard has really paid off and continues to provide dividends beyond my expectations. I just can't get enough.

Regripped putter and wedges. Gave the whole set a deep cleaning for the first time this summer. My clubs were feeling unloved. Hopefully have remedied that...

Got out for a round with my dad today and won 3 par 4 holes with a par, bogey, par.

Big deal as I cannot remember the last time I "had the honours" to tee off first - even when I used to play with him regularly.

I've often had decent game around the green (sunk my final par and final hole from off the green last night) but my long iron play and in particular driving is so inconsistent that its a rarity that I manage to best him.

dropped so much shots with drives that are either looping and wayward or straight but tragically short.

Looking forward to my pro lessons though as hopefully that will at least point me in the direction and give me some focus.

Dropped the XR hybrids off to be reshafted.

Hit the range and putting green with the truvis balls. Pretty cool

Signed up for the Wilson Staff Event (Fingers crossed) and Did some putting practice at the office. Thats been about it.

Bought a Callaway 815 16*, practiced the short game. And shipped off a package to a fellow THPer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back