LPGA To Let Fans Decide

Moved to its own thread.

Embrace the circus, gentlemen! Nicolett, Benavides, and Booth play the sex card as well as O'Neal... although some with more athletic talent.

I agree with this too.
Why not have Golf Channel hosts play in each of the events both PGA Tour and LPGA. Why not just pick a Hollywood person? I mean if its about popularity and buzz, then go all out.

I agree with this too.
Why not have Golf Channel hosts play in each of the events both PGA Tour and LPGA. Why not just pick a Hollywood person? I mean if its about popularity and buzz, then go all out.

Come on man The Rock voted. THE ROCK.

Not surprised that Blair O'Neal is currently leading the voting. Also appears that Twitter is not having this "promotion".

I agree with this too.
Act like you wouldn't want to see Johnny Miller put in his place every f**kin week...

Act like you wouldn't want to see Johnny Miller put in his place every f**kin week...

Hahah. You got me. I would love that.
Only if we can make sure he has to play the par 3 in AZ where they heckle you.

They could sell glass bottles for that grouping only

I'm not going to lie, I don't really like it. So is Blair O'Neal going to win because she is pretty?

If they were going for social media reaction I am shocked Paige wasn't included.

Don't worry, there are 17 other holes where we would heckle him as well. Drunk idiots arent confined to the stadium.

I just googled Carly Booth even though I know who she is and is by far the better golfer of the two. I think her and her pics give Blair a run for her money in the sexy department.

What this man said ^^^^^^ I couldn't agree more!

I must be a terrible person because I don't get the backlash.

If they wanted bad golfers that were hot they should have just used Paige spiranac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be a terrible person because I don't get the backlash.

Because it's obvious they were not going after talent they were going after exposure.

And they failed because they didn't include the single most popular female golfer on the web.

A smarter move would have been to give the spot to Lucy Li.

Just pick the hottest of the 4, most likely none will be around for the weekend. I went with the Bolivian Susana Benavides. I can watch Blair any day I want on the GC

If they wanted bad golfers that were hot they should have just used Paige spiranac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn't be surprised if that hack has an appearance fee tied to her.

I'd love to see what some of the hard-working ladies on tour think of this...and those who are scratching at the door trying to get in to make a living doing what they love.

I think the LPGA could have come up with something way better.

I'm surprised Gloria Allred hasn't sued the LPGA yet. Imo pretty sexist.

Just pick the hottest of the 4, most likely none will be around for the weekend. I went with the Bolivian Susana Benavides. I can watch Blair any day I want on the GC

Yep. This.

I'm torn with this one. On one hand I like the fan engagement aspect of it and trying to create interest in the tournament. I don't like the golfers they chose, outside of Booth. If you are going to do something like this, pick some of the LPGA players struggling to make tournaments or pick 4 of your top Symetra Tour players.

I'm torn with this one. On one hand I like the fan engagement aspect of it and trying to create interest in the tournament. I don't like the golfers they chose, outside of Booth. If you are going to do something like this, pick some of the LPGA players struggling to make tournaments or pick 4 of your top Symetra Tour players.

3 of 4 are active golfers and 2 are LET members which I think is as good or slightly better quality that Symmetra. I agree going with LPGA members who could use the help I like they are given players a break at an LPGA event. Blair shouldn't be in there but it adds to the diversity of where a player is in their career

That LPGA poll needs pictures.

This is the LPGA, they do struggle for viewers and fans, so they're using a little thing like this to stir up some interest, I say good move.

And any player that thinks things like this are bad for the game are nuts, anything that helps get them some interest- including using pretty golfers looks, just makes them all more money, so applaud it.

Last edited:

That's exactly how I was thinking mike, I may not like or agree with the choices they put up, but I love getting the fans involved like this!

I might have gone with different choices, but the concept is good. I won't call it absurd until I see the list of people who were honestly trying to earn that spot. I know in a general sense there are tons of people trying to get into any LPGA event they can, but I mean this specific spot.

I see it as who the fans want to see play. If they chose her because she is hot,,, the viewing audience has spoken.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back