Sam Goulden Square to Square Swing: Golf Unfiltered 108

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The THP Radio Network is filled with a variety of shows and new to the network is the Golf Unfiltered show with Adam Fonseca. The show brings new and interesting topics and interviews from the world of golf and THP is honored to have it as part of our lineup on The Hackers Paradise Podcast Network.

Adam talks with teaching professional Sam Goulden about the swing and teaching method he has created called Square to Square Swing. It has garnered a lot of attention as of late and this conversation is a fascinating and enjoyable one.

Join the fun by listening at the link below or if you are on the THP Mobile App, click the THP Radio button on the bottom. As always you can find THP Radio on iTunes or Google Play at The Hackers Paradise or whatever platform is your favorite of choice for podcasts.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/square-to-square-swing-with-sam-goulden-golf-unfiltered-108/

I will have to download for the commute home.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Much like single length irons, a square to square swing is something that has always seemed like it made more sense to me. I'll have to give this a listen.

• Admin
Can't wait to give this one a listen. I've been using the S2S swing for a few years now, and it's easily repeatable for someone like me who only gets in 20 rounds a year or so. Sam is incredibly friendly and genuinely enjoys helping golfers out, so I'm sure this episode will be great.

Going to download it and listen to it in the morning.

Downloaded and ready to roll in the AM...

Great episode, and I'm happy that Adam and Sam talked about the question I asked on twitter about driver launch.

I bought the e-book Sam mentions a few years ago and it really helped me develop a solid base for the swing. Plus he's always been very generous with his time. Adam asked a lot of really insightful questions as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be listening to this today. Looking forward to hearing more about the square to square method.

Will be listening to this today. Looking forward to hearing more about the square to square method.

Mancest,
I can honestly say I think you are going to not only like the show, but I think you are going to like the swing.

Mancest,
I can honestly say I think you are going to not only like the show, but I think you are going to like the swing.

I have heard about it for a while, but never dug into it so this is good timing for me. I know that is the main concern for all content on and around THP, and I do appreciate that.

Going to give this a listen later tonight, S2S makes a lot of sense.

Going to give this a listen later tonight, S2S makes a lot of sense.

It really does. I adopted it and have had some lessons locally (not from Sam) where we worked on adapting it to me. Those who've golfed with me know I'm not a long knocker but I can make my way around the course and for someone who only gets 20 rounds in per year, it's easy to ingrain.

This will be a fun listen. I know Adam's been tweeting a bunch about it, and I've been meaning to look into it a bit. This makes it that much easier to learn about it, so good timing.

Listening now, had to stop with about 10 minutes to go, but Sam really explains things well. Very interesting and I'm going to check out his YouTube stuff now.

Just shot 76 using the S2S method. I'm a believer.

Great episode as I had been curious about this swing with the other thread that popped up a few days ago. Guy seems to love his golf and I'm glad the swing is working for you!

Very enjoyable listen. Definitely going to check out some of his you tube videos.

Just finishing up now. I've never heard of the S2S method, although I think I already incorporate some elements of the swing. Great interview and Sam seems like a solid and nice dude.

I think my swing incorporates a lot of the S2S methodology. I'm a hands forward at address, aiming right of target, ball slighly back in my stance compared to most. I've never put a ton of thought into the face angle, but I do believe I keep it mostly square to plane. It's worked well for me. The last year or so, I've been working on a more traditional swing, but think I'm just going to go back to what I know. I think the only time this swing gets me into trouble, is when I start getting off balance and falling away on the downswing.

I think my swing incorporates a lot of the S2S methodology. I'm a hands forward at address, aiming right of target, ball slighly back in my stance compared to most. I've never put a ton of thought into the face angle, but I do believe I keep it mostly square to plane. It's worked well for me. The last year or so, I've been working on a more traditional swing, but think I'm just going to go back to what I know. I think the only time this swing gets me into trouble, is when I start getting off balance and falling away on the downswing.

My miss with this swing, it seems, is an over-draw to the left. Not quite a hook, but definitely a little too much spin in that direction when I let my hands get too involved.

Back